Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 3537
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: OoD v8.10

Post by bru888 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:40 am

Claire1642 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:19 pm
I have bought Red Star but I cannot add it to the OoD dashboard because I require v8.10 but I cannot see the download for this OoD upgrade
See this thread: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 64&t=93445
- Bru

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by Retributarr » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:28 pm

Progress...At Last!!!:
I've just got this Game to finally work!. What I have on my Computer is this... Program Files (x86)_Slitherine_Order of Battle - WWII_Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data_Content_Campaigns_3SinoJapWar. I can't be absolutely sure that this is the 'Red-Star' game, but it is all that I can find at the moment.

I don't think that this is direct installation from the download for the 'Red-Star' Game at the MATRIX/Slitherine site...as to being/becoming a Computer run Game only?, but instead something from STEAM???. Anyway...I can try to figure that out later. Anyway...i again tried my "SKYPE Activation Key", it still will not activate the Red-Star-Game???...so...in wild desperation I did an "Input" of my regular allocated "S/N" for the Red-Star-Game!. Be-Hold...Great-Freaking-Lightening!!!...my Serial-Number actually activated the Game!.

So...now at last I can play "RED-STAR" on..."SKYPE".

I'm still perplexed as to why my STEAM KEY will not function???.

AMG
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 am

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by AMG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:25 am

Retributarr wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:28 pm
I'm still perplexed as to why my STEAM KEY will not function???.
I'm perplexed as to what you're talking about Retributarr. What do you mean "Skype Activation Key"? Have you bought some 3rd party key from somewhere? If so, that's not an advised method of purchasing the game. If you can expand upon what you're doing and the problems you've hit, maybe we can help you more?

Cheers,

AMG

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by Retributarr » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:28 pm

AMG wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:25 am
Retributarr wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:28 pm
I'm still perplexed as to why my STEAM KEY will not function???.
I'm perplexed as to what you're talking about Retributarr. What do you mean "Skype Activation Key"? Have you bought some 3rd party key from somewhere? If so, that's not an advised method of purchasing the game. If you can expand upon what you're doing and the problems you've hit, maybe we can help you more?

Cheers,

AMG
I'm perplexed...that you're perplexed!. The given information is from "My Page"...at the Slitherine Web-Page...where all of my Game-Purchases are Displayed!. Both the S/N or Serial Number for a Computer installed Game as well as a SKYPE Activation KEY for activating the Game on SKYPE are listed under the visual display of the particular Game in question. I can't be more obvious or simple in this explanation and if that won't do...then you're lost!.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8007
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by VPaulus » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:17 am

I'm sorry but there are no Skype activation keys on our site.

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by Retributarr » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:37 pm

VPaulus wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:17 am
I'm sorry but there are no Skype activation keys on our site.
Instruct me how to take a PICTURE/SCREENSHOT of 'My Page' so that "I can show you that listed SKYPE Keys are for REAL and that they are listed under the picture of the Game of my purchases".

As it seem's that no amount of explaining will ever get through to any of you!

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8007
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by VPaulus » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:23 am


AMG
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 am

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by AMG » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:34 am

Retributarr wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:37 pm
VPaulus wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:17 am
I'm sorry but there are no Skype activation keys on our site.
Instruct me how to take a PICTURE/SCREENSHOT of 'My Page' so that "I can show you that listed SKYPE Keys are for REAL and that they are listed under the picture of the Game of my purchases".

As it seem's that no amount of explaining will ever get through to any of you!
Hello Retributarr,
I'm not sure why you're so worked up. We are trying to assist you, but what you're describing to us doesn't make sense. A screenshot of what you're seeing is the only way I believe we can get to the bottom of this. I would suggest you email the screenshot to support@slitherine.co.uk as it might show personal information from your account.

Thanks,

AMG

13obo
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D
Posts: 858
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:01 am

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by 13obo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:06 am

Obviously he's worked up because he bought a game he can't play... but the best way to resolve such problems is to contact support directly rather than waiting for forum replies.

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by terminator » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:14 am

I don't see any "SKYPE Keys" on "My Page"(Slitherine) and I do not know what is a "SKYPE Key" ?

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (27.64 KiB) Viewed 556 times

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15522
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by zakblood » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:31 am

you won't see what aren't out or ever will be, as there is no such thing i'm sorry to confirm

AMG
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 am

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by AMG » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 am

13obo wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:06 am
Obviously he's worked up because he bought a game he can't play... but the best way to resolve such problems is to contact support directly rather than waiting for forum replies.
Yes, obviously.

As far as I can see, he has a valid standalone key for Red Star. There's nothing I can see from his profile that states Skype Activation Key. If he can download the base can and the updater for Red Star and redeem the key that is in his "My Page", I can't see how this won't work or has anything to do with Skype.

The issue here is that Retributarr keeps referring to something that no other person in Slitherine can see, and to help him we need a screenshot to better understand his issue.

AMG

namhomehub
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:11 am
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Contact:

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by namhomehub » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:22 am

Thanks for the updates!!!
My homepage: www.homehub.vn - My blog: www.chiasewp.com

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by Retributarr » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:15 pm

OoB WWII _ Red Star:

I finally entered into the 'Battle of Rostov' or some-such scenario designation. I held as well as physically occupied the City/Port of 'Rostov' at the very last turn...as well as effaced/eviscerated all other German Army and Luftwaffe' presence...off the map!.

The Russian Army at this juncture in the game...had 100% control! of the entire map, yet?...the message I got after turn 24 had just completed...was that this was a Major Defeat???...and the Game abruptly ended right there?. What the 'Blast the Blast' happened here???.

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 3537
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by bru888 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:33 am

Retributarr wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:15 pm
OoB WWII _ Red Star:

I finally entered into the 'Battle of Rostov' or some-such scenario designation. I held as well as physically occupied the City/Port of 'Rostov' at the very last turn...as well as effaced/eviscerated all other German Army and Luftwaffe' presence...off the map!.

The Russian Army at this juncture in the game...had 100% control! of the entire map, yet?...the message I got after turn 24 had just completed...was that this was a Major Defeat???...and the Game abruptly ended right there?. What the 'Blast the Blast' happened here???.
See this thread (they should have stickied it): Red Star, Rostov scenario, hotfix

and see if this answers your question.
- Bru

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by terminator » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:42 am

Retributarr wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:15 pm
OoB WWII _ Red Star:

I finally entered into the 'Battle of Rostov' or some-such scenario designation.
Finally, you managed to play this great game.
Can you explain what it is the "SKYPE Activation KEY for activating the Game on SKYPE" ?

Retributarr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by Retributarr » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:37 am

terminator wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:42 am
Retributarr wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:15 pm
OoB WWII _ Red Star:

I finally entered into the 'Battle of Rostov' or some-such scenario designation.
Finally, you managed to play this great game.
Can you explain what it is the "SKYPE Activation KEY for activating the Game on SKYPE" ?
I didn't install the Game on my computer to access the Game for play purposes from a H.D. installation on my Computer.

Instead, I went to the SKYPE Site and tried to use the Game Activation KEY allocated/given to me for my use. The SKYPE Activation KEY was clearly displayed under a picture of 'Red Star' and along with it also...js a S/N for a H.D. installed Game. Both Activation KEYs were displayed on "My Page" with all the other Games that I had previously purchased.

So!, at the SKYPE Site I located the heading...which was something to do with Activating a Game on SKYPE, so...I then tried to Activate "Red Star" as I had just purchased it and also had a SKYPE Activation KEY that I thought I could use. When I tried to use the SKYPE Activation KEY, I was given the message that this SKYPE KEY was already in use/activated by some other entity.

After trying to use the SKYPE KEY a few times, seeing that it would not work, in desperation...I then tried my S/N on/at the SKYPE Site...and for some unknown reason to me...it worked?, my Game "Red Star" was then Activated.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15522
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by zakblood » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 am

as neither company is associated to SKYPE etc, it's either a scam or a con,

and as all 3 sites aren't linked in any way to SKYPE, i'm 100% certain what your saying can't have happened either, as without being linked to the server, Activating a serial number can't Activate a key, without a link back to the owners keys sites servers, same as you can't activate a serial for steam on any other services other than steam, it's not how it works, same is true for any serial, without a direct link back and access to service and server, no game key would work, GOG, steam, and the 3 sites here, Matrix, Slitherine & AGEOD.

as it's been asked many many times now, proves us all wrong and provide the screenshots on how it looks, and upload them here as a guide, so everyone else can clearly see it happening, then all will say sorry and get it fixed, but as it's not happening to another single user on either the beta or main pages, no well else can confirm or replicate it either, but if you can prove it, the site can fix it, thanks

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2378
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by GabeKnight » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:34 pm

No offense meant, but reading the posts from "Retributarr" left me with the impression this guy has some issues with orthography. Maybe it's some auto-correction mechanic on his phone, I don't know; but I think you're talking in circles and SKYPE = STEAM... :roll:

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3227
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by terminator » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:02 pm

GabeKnight wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:34 pm
No offense meant, but reading the posts from "Retributarr" left me with the impression this guy has some issues with orthography. Maybe it's some auto-correction mechanic on his phone, I don't know; but I think you're talking in circles and SKYPE = STEAM... :roll:
I feel the same way (SKYPE = STEAM ?)

Post Reply

Return to “News & Announcements”