E-mailing List?

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

E-mailing List?

Post by lordhoff »

This is perhaps not the exactly correct place to ask this but I will. I've played AAR a whole bunch of times and greatly enjoyed it but, it is close to time to move on to another game. However, since I liked it so much, I'm wondering if Kubat Software has some sort of system set up to e-mail people when a new game is released?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: E-mailing List?

Post by pavelk »

Hello lordhoff,
thank you for spending time with Aggressors.
There is number of ways how you can stay updated:
Last edited by pavelk on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lordhoff »

pavelk wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:25 am Hello lordhoff,
thank you for spending time with Aggressors.
There is number of ways how you can stay updated:
Thanks. Two problems. The link "aggressors-game.com" yields a "server not found" message and when I tried to get to "kubat-software.com" I received a message from Firefox warning me that the site was not secure?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Thank you. I corrected the typo in aggressors-game.com
It should work now.
The message from Firefox is absolutely fine. It is a warning for all websites running on HTTP
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lordhoff »

I guess nothing worth having comes easy. I'll complete this when the e-mail confirmation arrives. I had to send a message since it's been a while. At some point, I'll get this done. :) Now, the article that the link leads to I found very interesting. I've not had much luck with map editors so I stopped using them - I think the last one I tried was "Battles of Alexander" a very long time ago. The AAR one appears to be much easier to use. However, my idea is probably too grand as it would require a scale change. If I were to do this, I'd want to limit the map to Italy and have the old Roman Republic battle it out with the Etruscans, Greek City states/colonies, etc. Is this even possible?

EDIT: Another thought occurred to me. Some 15 years ago, Slitherine developed a game based on an engine they also developed (Chariots of War, I believe) that covered the time period when Assyria arose. It was kind of a unique idea, in a way like TW but the battles were fought by AI - after the player placed his armies to utilize the terrain. To my knowledge, this time period has not been used often and it'd probably work well with the AAR system.

EDIT2: Chariots of War, Released: February 28, 2007
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lordhoff »

Well, almost a week and still no e-mail confirmation nor a reply from the the forms (messages) I sent. I guess I'll have to rely on hearing it on the grapevine. It'll take longer but, in the end, no significant difference, I suppose. My bet is that I'll hear it first from GoG (providing Brexit doesn't cause them too many problems).
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hello lordhoff, I replied via email several days ago. You didnt receive it?
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lordhoff »

No, I haven't. I didn't check trash, however, since that generally only filters mass mailings but it may be there.

EDIT: If it went to trash, I couldn't find it.
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lordhoff »

I tried again. Not sure if it worked. For one, I had to modify my login name because of an "already exists" message. Then, nothing seemed to happen and it still said, "not registered" at the top. Is there a waiting period while things are checked out?

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”