I suggest upgrade Italic Rebel in later game in FOGII

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

I suggest upgrade Italic Rebel in later game in FOGII

Post by melm »

Currently Italic rebels transferred to FOGII are always mainly Italian foot, even if I already reformed my legions as imperial legion. I think the rebels should be upgraded as well, say Imitation Legion is a good candidate.

If this issue is created by that dev needs to stick to one current existing army list in FOGII, how about change the Italic rebel army list to Revolt Slave after Marian legion reform completed?
Meditans ex luce mundi
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: I suggest upgrade Italic Rebel in later game in FOGII

Post by rbodleyscott »

The conversion is not dependent on army lists, it is a direct unit by unit translation. Each unit in FOGE translates to one specific FOG2 unit. (Though there is some post-processing in FOG2 for horse archers and pre-Marian legions)

So, in order for FOG2 to use different units for Italian rebels after a certain date, FOGE would need to do so, and then the "later Italian rebel" units could indeed be mapped to Imitation Legions.
Richard Bodley Scott

melm

Re: I suggest upgrade Italic Rebel in later game in FOGII

Post by melm »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:10 am The conversion is not dependent on army lists, it is a direct unit by unit translation. Each unit in FOGE translates to one specific FOG2 unit. (Though there is some post-processing in FOG2 for horse archers and pre-Marian legions)

So, in order for FOG2 to use different units for Italian rebels after a certain date, FOGE would need to do so, and then the "later Italian rebel" units could indeed be mapped to Imitation Legions.
It's a good news for me, thanks!
Meditans ex luce mundi

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”