Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Germany West 1939-40 v1.4

Post by bru888 »

Bobster66 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:46 pm I did console my self by capturing Erik's House. :lol:
I hope you didn't distract him from his OOB work. Though he may not have even noticed the disturbance.
- Bru
Erik2

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 »

I'm disappointed my dogs did not notice the intruder.

Anyway, all feedback is welcomed. There will probably be more campaign updates.
Erik2

Germany West 39-40 1.5

Post by Erik2 »

Germany West 39-40 1.5
Link updated in first post.

1Poznan:
Removed 2 air (naval) commanders

2DanzigN:
Added more Polish supply in the south

7Kampinoska:
Removed txt about pri obj commander reward

8Modlin:
Removed victory txt about scenario branching. The original 2 Warsaw scenarios have been compiled into 1 scenario.

10Brest:
I think the Germans need to be the first occupant of the neutral objectives. Fixed sec objs.

11Oslo:
Added deployment phase.
Added Kriegsmarine commanders.

11Bergen:
The Bergen supply line won’t be enabled until Bergen, Voss and Ulven are captured. This is a sec obj and not supposed be difficult to fulfill.
Added more turns.

11Trondheim:
It pays to follow the instructions how to occupy Trondheim and capture the coastal batteries...

16Sedan:
You need to cross from the east bank south of Sedan.

18Stonne:
Added more turns.

21Wassigny:
Added more turns.

23Dunkerque:
Removed a few turns.
Erik2

Germany West 41-43 1.5

Post by Erik2 »

Germany West 41-43 1.5

10Messina:
Changing branching result to allow for Messina minor defeat continuing to next scenario.
Added a couple of aux Stuka units.
Erik2

US Corps 1942-43 1.1

Post by Erik2 »

US Corps 1942-43 1.1

Campaign:
Fixed Morning/Spring branching

All scenarios:
Removed redundant specifications for AI/team factions
Added trucks to certain unit types
US commanders added after Kasserine when Patton replaced a lot of commanders

05Djebel:
Changed pri obj txt
LW sec obj active after turn-2 to take into account LW reinforcements
Replaced M24 with M5A1 Stuart

06Tebourba:
Fixed LW commander

07Morning:
Changed turns pr day setting
Replaced Me 410 with Bf 110

08Kasserine:
Replaced SS units with Wehrmacht
Added garrison to Axis supply loc

11Guettar:
Fixed mines
Fixed orphan units

12Hills:
Fixed pri obj
Fixed sec obj and added reward
prattaa
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by prattaa »

Player feedback for Germany East '43 v1.4, Difficulty level 3 with imported core from Germany East '41-'42.

Kharkov-43 - Please add air/ground exit hex, objectives captured by 20/40
Belgorod - Please add air/ground exit hex, objectives captured by turn 20/34, all enemy wiped by 25/34
Orel - Please add air/ground exit hex, SS core units on turn 2 no experience and worsen supply situation as player will lose -60 supply in the first few turns as forward Italian units get pushed back, recommend increase supply value of rear VP's; primary objective completed by turn 23/38, all enemy wiped by 24/38, Italian unit at Pozdeevo is impossible to save which makes a secondary objective unobtainable, outcome event for minor vitcory has some grammar issues (halted --out-- the russian offensive)
Pnyri - Please add air/ground exit hex, objectives complete 24/40
Olkhovatka - Please add air/ground exit hex, not enough supply for full deployment (-9), objectives completed 25/44, all enemy wiped by 26/44
Kursk Armory North - Please add air/ground exit hex, primary objective completed 20/32, all enemy wiped by 22/32
Yakovlevo - Please add air/ground exit hex, not enough supply for full deployment (-17), some Soviet units are being damaged by their own minefields, objectives captured by 24/40 all enemy wiped by 30/40
Oboyan - Please add air/ground exit hex, not enough supply for full deployment (-23), objectives completed 34/44, enemy wiped by 35/44; this is a very tough mission, player would benefit from additional command points & supply at start
Kursk Armory South - Please add air/ground exit hex, not enough supply for full deployment (-15), objectives completed 25/32, enemy wiped by 27/32, primary objective is to "Capture all 10 Objectives" but counter stops at 9; end of mission shows 10/9
Prohorovka - Please add air/ground exit hexes, SS Tiger unit that arrives on turn 2 results in supply problem - increase supply in Yakolevo to 200, objectives completed 25/44, enemy wiped by 38/44, SU-152 secondary objective does not complete
Dnipropetrovsk - Please add air/ground exit hexes; serious supply problem within first 2 turns as player will be -30 due to forward VP's being captured before core forces can reach, recommend increase supply of rearmost VP's; secondary objective is unobtainable, aux units destroyed before end of Soviet turn 1; misplaced bridge?, see pic below; objectives captured 20/36; all enemy wiped by 25/36
Kremenchug - Please add air/ground exit hexes; core infantry unit provided should be aux unit; none of the Soviet units have any experience except a few Guards units (intentional?); only 1 unit of Northern landing force tried to disembark; enemy wiped by turn 28/36
Kiev'43 - Please add air/ground exit hexes; enemy wiped turn 24/44; Romanian infantry in Chornobai will be destroyed prior to player starting making a secondary objective impossible; primary objective showing 13/12 by scenario end

Finished campaign with 19,000 RP for Wehrmacht & 3,300 RP for Waffen SS. Another very enjoyable campaign, this one was the most polished of any other I have tried to date.

Gifted core units - My preference would be to NOT provide the player with any core units in the scenarios. With the specializations I can get new units with experience if I want them. These units mostly just cluttered up the listing of my core forces.
AI specializations - It would be nice to vary the heroes and specializations used by the AI.
Commanders - Perhaps commanders could be tied to easily achieved secondary objectives rather than dumped all at once at campaign start.

I see US Corps has been updated, I will play that next. I hope Soviet Corps is out soon. Thanks Erik, you are doing excellent things.

Dnipropetrovsk bridge oddity
20190804073716_1.jpg
20190804073716_1.jpg (943.51 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
Dwightd
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dwightd »

Germany East 41-42 V2.7 Mission Sevastopol Choice

I was given a choice at the beginning of the Sevastopol scenario, an attack or siege. There was no signpost to tell me I had a choice. No big deal since I think most of us know how to navigate the campaign choice mechanics.

There is an odd behavior on the siege choice though. The German propaganda department is working overtime on this one. They have the Russians guarding Sicily and northern Russia!
Sevastopol.jpg
Sevastopol.jpg (312.99 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
Or it could just be a display glitch. That is for the campaign creator to decide :wink:
cwapp1967
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by cwapp1967 »

Thank you very much Erik for all the hard work making and updating your custom work. I have thoroughly enjoyed them all. You should be working as a game designer.
Charles
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

The campaign map issue is an editor glitch. Sometimes when you click on fields in the editor it will add whatever layout item you were using last.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

cwapp1967 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:52 am Thank you very much Erik for all the hard work making and updating your custom work. I have thoroughly enjoyed them all. You should be working as a game designer.
Charles
Thanks.
Note that many of these campaigns are (enhanced) versions of original Panzer Corps campaigns. So most of the kudos must go to the original PzC designers.
prattaa
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by prattaa »

Erik2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:35 am
cwapp1967 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:52 am Thank you very much Erik for all the hard work making and updating your custom work. I have thoroughly enjoyed them all. You should be working as a game designer.
Charles
Thanks.
Note that many of these campaigns are (enhanced) versions of original Panzer Corps campaigns. So most of the kudos must go to the original PzC designers.
True but not for your labors this game would have much less content. I'm currently playing through US Corps '42 and enjoying it thoroughly. Keep up the excellent work.
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

I really agree with prattaa that all gifted/captured/rewarded core units should have something special, like more xp than you could buy the unit with through specs or preferably being something you can´t buy (but still being a worthwhile type unit, so nothing that can´t compete with the buyable roster).

I would prefer fewer available rewards, but instead something worthwhile. Something like the Tiger tank in US corps.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Erik, my CSI Sweep of US Corps 1944-45 is complete. This one is going to be tremendous, congratulations. There are the usual quirky issues that I come up with, minor and major; see what you think. Of the major issues, a persistent one is designating "Hold X at all times" objectives as primary VP's and having those already-held locations count toward a "Capture all X objectives" mission that refers to other primary VP's.

Here and there in the CSI thread, I mentioned a few suggestions for addressing this; perhaps look through the entire thread before deciding what to do in general. On the other hand, you may prefer to vary your solutions by scenario; for example, this issue in the last scenario is addressable merely by changing the "Hold X at all times" objectives to secondary VP's because this type of capture point, contrary to most other scenarios, was not used in Operation Unthinkable.
- Bru
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Bruce

Once again, thank you for your invaluable help in testing campaigns.
I've been hot on your heels this time, so the publish won't be too far off.

Erik
VONdefo45
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by VONdefo45 »

Guys, your commitment with this game is absolutely fantastic. Congratulations first of all. Due to professional and familiar reponsibilities I have not even play my initial round of OOB yet!!! (I recently purchased the first DLC by Slitherine in order to have an initial brief look and, at the same time, I am reading the manual and other players advices here at this forum...), but seeing the work you are doing with all these custom scenarios and campaigns I am sure many hours of joy and amusement are waiting for me.
Thank you all of you for the passion and the dedication towards this game and the community around it. I hope to be here more actively in the coming future... :D :arrow:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Thanks for the nice words.
Now go and do battle! :D

BTW, the US Corps 1944-45 campaign is available in the first post.
Dwightd
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dwightd »

Erik, before I start my sleepless nights trying to work through US Corps 44-45, I thought I would pass on something I captured

Germany East 1941-42, v2.7 mission ilovlya

I never lost the city in the primary objective, but did not get credit at the end of the scenario. It went the full number of turns
ilovlya.jpg
ilovlya.jpg (435.35 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
Keep up the great work. Now I am heading for the beaches of France :wink:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Thanks for the feedback, added to my list.
Bobster66
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Bobster66 »

Dwightd wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:09 pm Erik, before I start my sleepless nights trying to work through US Corps 44-45, I thought I would pass on something I captured

I never lost the city in the primary objective, but did not get credit at the end of the scenario. It went the full number of turns

I can confirm, this happened to me as well a few days ago. It's in my list of notes that will come once my campaign is finished.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Dwightd wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:09 pm Erik, before I start my sleepless nights trying to work through US Corps 44-45, I thought I would pass on something I captured

ilovlya.jpg

This one is simple. The objective is not marked as completed at the beginning, i.e., only to be failed if the VP is lost:

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (71.69 KiB) Viewed 2157 times

and there is no trigger for awarding the objective at the end of the scenario. There is a trigger for failing the objective if the Soviets take the hex, but no mechanism for completing the objective for the Germans:

Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (70.92 KiB) Viewed 2157 times

The simplest thing in this case would be to just mark the objective as completed in the beginning. Erik can do this because there is at least one other primary objective that is not completed at start; else, the scenario would end immediately with a victory.

I feel an urge to sweep Germany East 1941-42 but I confine my efforts to projects that Erik is specifically focused on at the moment and for which he has requested assistance. This maximizes the use of our limited time and it preserves the notion that I do these sweeps by invitation only, not as someone who presumes to barge in, nitpick things, and dictate changes. Here is what I have done so far:

Image0029.jpg
Image0029.jpg (135.05 KiB) Viewed 2157 times
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”