Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Yaitz331 »

Judea would like to inform Ptolemy that, in the interests of maintaining a form a detente between Judea and Egypt, Judea will not attack Ptolemaic land proper unless Ptolemy should engage Judean forces in battle first.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:56 am Judea would like to inform Ptolemy that, in the interests of maintaining a form a detente between Judea and Egypt, Judea will not attack Ptolemaic land proper unless Ptolemy should engage Judean forces in battle first.

Translation:

The Judeans want a free hand to conquer Egypt's only client state Nabatea and Egypt's ally Arabia without the Egyptian military intervening to stop us......errr....yes sure...seems completely reasonable to me :shock:

Would you like Alexandria as well while you are at it ? :mrgreen:
ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by ledo »

No Alexandria was expressly omitted unless you engage. Keep up. Seriously though I've never played Judea so I don't know their ability to hold their own, but this is some terrible diplomacy if Ptolemy has the power to steamroll you. I'd be glad Ptolemy isn't already attacking me if I'm worried about Arabia and Nabatea, rather than trying to provoke their involvement.

One of two things is happening here Ptolemy either doesn't have the capacity or positioning to invade you, or he's being more patient than you'd normally expect. In our other game Macedonia wiped out Epirus over the slightest whiff that they weren't possibly as commited to a joint war against aetolia as they were.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Devoncop can be quite devious! My guess is he has another thing on his mind, so uses veiled threats to stall Judean aggression. Or perhaps he's roleplaying a benevolent Ptolemey (which he was not)?
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

ledo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:43 amSeriously though I've never played Judea so I don't know their ability to hold their own, but this is some terrible diplomacy if Ptolemy has the power to steamroll you. I'd be glad Ptolemy isn't already attacking me if I'm worried about Arabia and Nabatea, rather than trying to provoke their involvement.
Ptolemy unilaterally broke a deal made in good faith with no provocation. Judea trusted Ptolemy to hold to the deal, and they did not. The time for diplomacy has passed.
One of two things is happening here Ptolemy either doesn't have the capacity or positioning to invade you, or he's being more patient than you'd normally expect. In our other game Macedonia wiped out Epirus over the slightest whiff that they weren't possibly as commited to a joint war against aetolia as they were.
Given that Ptolemy has no troops on my border and is highly involved in Southern Arabia and Nubia, I'm pretty sure that he's trying to delay long enough to get troops to my border.

Oh, and if Ptolemy is actually ever in a position to wipe me out, the Antigonids and Seleucids would have to join to prevent Ptolemy from taking the whole Levant.
Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Lysimachos »

Yaitz331 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:06 am
Oh, and if Ptolemy is actually ever in a position to wipe me out, the Antigonids and Seleucids would have to join to prevent Ptolemy from taking the whole Levant.
That's the only real thing lying under the empty words of Judea.
They are just a puppet state of the Antigonids, who have sealed an alliance with the Seleucids to occupy the whole center of the world map and then conquer the rest.
If nobody dares to attack them the destiny of all the other nations is undone ...
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

Lysimachos wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 am
They are just a puppet state of the Antigonids, who have sealed an alliance with the Seleucids to occupy the whole center of the world map and then conquer the rest.
If nobody dares to attack them the destiny of all the other nations is undone ...
Judea is no puppet of anyone. Should Antigonus break a deal with Judea, Judea would no more hesitate to go to war then it has with Ptolemy.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:01 am
Lysimachos wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 am
Judea is no puppet of anyone. Should Antigonus break a deal with Judea, Judea would no more hesitate to go to war then it has with Ptolemy.

The new turn reveals Judean troops engaged in a fruitless siege of Nabatea city.

The idea for a new film is germinated......

Death Wish 6.......The Judean Chronicles.....starting Yaitz as a crazed High Priest leading his chosen people to oblivion 😉
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

13obo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:50 am Devoncop can be quite devious! My guess is he has another thing on his mind, so uses veiled threats to stall Judean aggression. Or perhaps he's roleplaying a benevolent Ptolemey (which he was not)?

Ptolemy is so benevolent he is in line for the inaugural Nobel Peace Prize.....
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:12 amThe new turn reveals Judean troops engaged in a fruitless siege of Nabatea city.

The idea for a new film is germinated......

Death Wish 6.......The Judean Chronicles.....starting Yaitz as a crazed High Priest leading his chosen people to oblivion 😉
What does Ptolemy wish us to do? We have bowed to your desire for us not to take our homeland for twenty years, we have bowed to your desire for us to restrain our response to Arabia's aggressive war, and you have repeatedly shown a total lack of goodwill in diplomatic negotiations.

Judea desires nothing more than peace, but how can we do that when Ptolemy repeatedly pushes for an excuse to war with us and breaks his deals made in good faith? How can we trust that, if we make peace now, Ptolemy will not merely return to take a more weakened Judea in another five years, with another scurrilous excuse?
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

You are about to starve out the garrison of the Capital city of my client state Nabatea, and (temporarily) take her Capital. Please enjoy this moment of success.......

There are no grey areas.

The map does not lie.

Judea has expanded 15 fold since start of game.

Egypt remains almost identical in region number as at game start.

Only one nation has been shown to be an expansionist threat to her neighbours .....and it has not been Egypt ......
lecrop
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by lecrop »

devoncop wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:48 amOnly one nation has been shown to be an expansionist threat to her neighbours .....and it has not been Egypt ......
Britania!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops:
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

lecrop wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:45 am
devoncop wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:48 amOnly one nation has been shown to be an expansionist threat to her neighbours .....and it has not been Egypt ......
Britania!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops:

Well that is certainly one interpretation ...... :wink:

I hope you are learning the Belgae language is my only advice :D
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:48 amThere are no grey areas.

The map does not lie.

Judea has expanded 15 fold since start of game.

Egypt remains almost identical in region number as at game start.

Only one nation has been shown to be an expansionist threat to her neighbours .....and it has not been Egypt ......
Judea has not attacked even a single organized sovereign nation. Ptolemy has attacked many organized sovereign nations without pretext, Judea included.

Two thirds of Judea's expansion has been peaceful, by agreement. None of Ptolemy's actions have been peaceful.

And, given that Egypt has not ceased threatening us for over two decades, to say that it is not a "threat to her neighbours" is simply wrong. For a threatening, aggressive nation to accuse a nation who has never attacked a single sovereign entity of being aggressive and threatening is the highest hypocrisy.

Stop with the bluster. We have told you what we want you to do; return to our former deal. Now please, tell us what you want us to do. We cannot do what you want us to do bif we do not know what it is that you want us to do. If you continue to ignore this question, it will be made clear that all you wish for is the death of the Jewish people.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Peaceful expansion? Didn't know this concept exists in the game.

Kudos on the roleplay from both sides! I'm almost convinced you guys believe the stuff you say.
ledo

Post by ledo »

13obo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:34 pm Peaceful expansion? Didn't know this concept exists in the game.

Kudos on the roleplay from both sides! I'm almost convinced you guys believe the stuff you say.
I approve your newfound reticence to believe the roleplay. :lol:
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

13obo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:34 pmPeaceful expansion? Didn't know this concept exists in the game.
Antigonus agreed to give me Syria, Palestine, and Phoenicia with no resistance other than the automatic garrisons. As peaceful as it gets withing the game, and totally peaceful in RP.
I do believe what I say. You know, because I'm right. :D
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

You should be an actor! Such overconfidence is on par with what we see in politics these days.
ledo

Post by ledo »

13obo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:28 pm You should be an actor! Such overconfidence is on par with what we see in politics these days.
And actors are making very successful politicians these days.

I find it an interesting political situation. If Judea has the forces or the alliances to hold off Ptolemy then fair enough. If it doesn't, emotion is getting the better of reason here.

Also alliances are double-edged swords at times. As satisfying as Antigonids assistance might be against Ptolemy, if the antigonids conquer high culture regions in Egypt early, I assume everyone loses. When you are weak you must appear to be everyone's puppet, to survive, but the trick is to never lose sight of your own interests. Maybe, Judea gains from a war between the antigonids and Ptolemy, but it is more likely they lose one way or the other.

A war between the two not fought over your territory would probably be a better outcome.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I'd be interested to see a screenshot of the map of the disputed area. Judea may have grown 15 fold but those are probably <5 population regions that wouldn't be necessarily classified as "useful" until early mid-game.

Any of the participants care to entertain the popcorn eaters with some visuals from this hugely popular multiplayer game?

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”