Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

razorback77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Belgrade

Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by razorback77 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:16 pm

I cannot join the multiplayer, since today I keep getting the following error message: corrupt or invalid response from server

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8952
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 pm

It's working fine for me here. It could be a local ISP issue connecting to the server, as that kind of message generally means that the HTTP call has responded with some custom "Cannot connect" page rather than getting a response from the server.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22205
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:05 am

If you are still having problems, please email support@slitherine.co.uk
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

razorback77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Belgrade

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by razorback77 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:46 am

writing to support, it has been working fine till 2 days ago and I didn't change anything in my laptop.

Thanks,
Stef

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8952
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by pipfromslitherine » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Just a guess, but does your username or password contain any non-alphanumeric characters?

Try deleting the OPTIONS.TXT file in Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

ApolloW
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by ApolloW » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Same problem for me, can't login multiplayer with same "corrupt or invalid response from server" message, did support help you ?

Zardoz02
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:37 am
Location: Melbourne, Oz

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by Zardoz02 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:50 am

Another one with the "corrupt or invalid response from server". Happening for a couple of days now. I've checked all the usual suspects eg I can ping your server and do a browser HTTP request to it which returns a reasonable error message in the browser.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/APi4JY5Qe5nAb7Lb8

I have some error logs which I will email you. But basically they all contain this:

Code: Select all

WARNING: Failed HttpSendRequestEx (2EFF):
pbem2.slitherine.com/PBEM2/ancients/auth_steam.php?bodyCredentials=1
The following was returned by the server:

WARNING: Failed HttpSendRequestEx (2EFF):
pbem2.slitherine.com/PBEM2/ancients/auth_steam.php?bodyCredentials=1
The following was returned by the server:

The following was returned by the server:
0

[{"ErrorCode":"0","clientVersion":"0001050C","login":"xxxx"}]

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22205
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 am

Guys, please email support@slitherine.co.uk

As this issue isn't affecting everyone, it may be something to do with your specific accounts (username, password or something) that the new server code isn't coping with.

support have access to this data, and can therefore assist in fixing the issue.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

Zardoz02
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:37 am
Location: Melbourne, Oz

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by Zardoz02 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:44 am

Ta. Email sent.

kbo1915
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by kbo1915 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:51 am

I've been away for a couple of weeks and returned to find I have the same problem. Has it been getting fixed for people on a case by case basis? Thanks

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22205
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by rbodleyscott » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:12 pm

kbo1915 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:51 am
I've been away for a couple of weeks and returned to find I have the same problem. Has it been getting fixed for people on a case by case basis? Thanks
I certainly hope so. Please email support@slitherine.co.uk
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8952
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:29 pm

Can you guys list the browsers you are using, and whether you have IE/Edge installed on your machines please. These issues seem to be SSL certificate related. Clearing your SSL cache may (may!) help solve the issue.

https://www.a2hosting.ca/kb/getting-sta ... -ssl-state

Please let us know if doing this helps with your issues.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

kbo1915
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by kbo1915 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:51 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:29 pm
Can you guys list the browsers you are using, and whether you have IE/Edge installed on your machines please.
I'm using Firefox. IE is installed but not used.
Thanks

btw - I cleared the cache and it didn't fix the issue

kbo1915
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by kbo1915 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:52 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 am
Guys, please email support@slitherine.co.uk

As this issue isn't affecting everyone, it may be something to do with your specific accounts (username, password or something) that the new server code isn't coping with.

support have access to this data, and can therefore assist in fixing the issue.
This seems to suggest that you all have the password stored in the clear, rather than as a hashed value, which would be slightly worrisome if one is the sort of person who reuses passwords (ie, most users)

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8952
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:55 pm

kbo1915 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:52 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 am
Guys, please email support@slitherine.co.uk

As this issue isn't affecting everyone, it may be something to do with your specific accounts (username, password or something) that the new server code isn't coping with.

support have access to this data, and can therefore assist in fixing the issue.
This seems to suggest that you all have the password stored in the clear, rather than as a hashed value, which would be slightly worrisome if one is the sort of person who reuses passwords (ie, most users)
That is not the case. Passwords are not stored in a way we can access - but we can see usernames and other data as it flows into the server.

That said, reusing passwords is a bad idea in any case.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

kbo1915
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by kbo1915 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:03 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:55 pm

That said, reusing passwords is a bad idea in any case.
Agreed :)

kbo1915
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by kbo1915 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 pm

Fwiw - my problem is now solved. I went on to the main slitherine site and changed my password. Once I did that and accessed the multiplayer page, I got a message that an update was required ( to ,18). After I installed the update, I could connect fine. The weird thing is that despite playing multiplayer continuously, I never got a message about the update, even though it's been out since May.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22205
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:04 pm

kbo1915 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 pm
Fwiw - my problem is now solved. I went on to the main slitherine site and changed my password. Once I did that and accessed the multiplayer page, I got a message that an update was required ( to ,18). After I installed the update, I could connect fine. The weird thing is that despite playing multiplayer continuously, I never got a message about the update, even though it's been out since May.
The 1.5.18 update has only been out since 28th August, but we forgot to update the version number on the MP server until today, hence it has not issued update warnings until today. :oops:
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

kbo1915
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by kbo1915 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:12 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:04 pm
kbo1915 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 pm
Fwiw - my problem is now solved. I went on to the main slitherine site and changed my password. Once I did that and accessed the multiplayer page, I got a message that an update was required ( to ,18). After I installed the update, I could connect fine. The weird thing is that despite playing multiplayer continuously, I never got a message about the update, even though it's been out since May.
The 1.5.18 update has only been out since 28th August, but we forgot to update the version number on the MP server until today, hence it has not issued update warnings until today. :oops:
Well, then maybe just changing my password fixed the problem, though in form it's not that different from my old one.

KiFi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:49 pm
Location: Western Michigan, USA

Re: Multiplayer issue - corrupt or invalid response from server

Post by KiFi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:52 am

I too am having this problem. I will contact tech support and change my password.

Changed my Slitherine password. I am able to log in.

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tech Support”