SUPER GREAT NEWS I AM ON YOUTUBE

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Liveplay Weekend Channel Update:

Post by goose_2 »

Only limited time so quickly

So Storm eagle could not play on Saturday because he was having wifi troubles so we ended up playing on Sunday instead of Saturday, but I was already up and got started on Saturday so I ended up trying a liveplay on my Ultimate playthrough on Stonne in a 2 parter. Tried something different than I have seen done, and it went pretty well.

It has Braccada's approval so check out part 1 which is on restrictive status for some reason and part 2 here:

Here is mp from my side. This will be it for 2 weeks as gone this coming weekend as will be visiting family friends:

I am getting frustrated a little with playing Sturmadler as he surrenders the maps before we finish. I get excited because I think I have a challenge and then surrender. :?

He wants to pick a map in 2 weeks and wants me to pick a map for as to do 2 maps at once. I am thinking trying to save France as the allies on France mp that is very difficult to pull off as the allies, but I want to try.

But am open to ideas that you would like to see.

Single Player Update:

Afrika Korps:

I have almost finished Syria. Looking forward to posting and seeing what you think of my decisions for upgrades and new purchases, as well as strategy for playthrough.

Grand Campaign Ultimate Difficulty:

Stonne was all I did

Grand Campaign 45 East Manstein:

I spent most time doing liveplay and as such did not even touch the playthrough of Budapest, but I have 3 more broadcasts to post so no hurry to finish yet.

Blind Playthrough of US Corps 44-45:

Did not even look at the next battle

I want to keep the momentum the channel seems to be garnering but will probably be taking another week to play catch up when I leave on Friday 8/23/19 to give me time to catch up on recording broadcasts.

I have some ideas on exciting stuff to come, but I will wait when I have more time to detail.

Thanks for watching
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

I am back Baby: SUPER GREAT NEWS I AM ON YOUTUBE

Post by goose_2 »

I took a week hiatus as I went out of town and needed to kind of play catch up.

As such very limited gametime has happened, only so much time in the day, and contrary to popular belief I do need some sleep. ;)

Single Player Update:

Afrika Korps:

Syria is in the bag, and I actually completed Iraq this week. Basra is a big one to consider for upgrades, and I hope I have enough for all I am considering to do.

Thoughts:
Upgrade SE Bf-109G to an FW-190
Upgrade SE Pz3J and the captured Grant to Tiger's. (These will be the only Tiger's based on my no more than 2 of any 1 unit.)
Upgrade 2 Panzer Grenadiers to 43 Grenadiers, the Bersaglieri to the 43 version. (Not sure what I will do with my Italian Inf, I kind of like him as the Italian inf for only 60 prestige. (Just love those super cheap replacements.) Thoughts?
Upgrade StuG3F/8 to StuG3G.

That is all I can consider at this time, let me know if there is something I am missing.

Wassigny last weekend was all I have done for this one, but need to redo as that was a painful liveplay.

Still have not touched as rather intimidated with what to do next with what I have on the board. Should I retreat, regroup, and let them spread out to thin, or keep pressing where I have them currently? Unsure.

Started Remagen last night. Lost 2 units already. I am so ready to be done with this playthrough. I know I could play this so much better, but the triple threat combo of playing Blind, Rommel, and Field Marshall is just too much even for me.

I still have thoughts on my next campaigns, and have heard some thoughts from my fans. Let me know your thoughts, either here or on my channel of which campaigns I should try next, and at what difficulty level.

My personal favorite difficulty level has been Double Rommel. That 25% prestige thing is enough to make it tight, but no restrictions on experience, and no +5 enemy strength makes it doable. I personally hate Guderian as 5 less turns is just disappointing on every level.

But let me know your thoughts
goose_2

faos333
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: SUPER GREAT NEWS I AM ON YOUTUBE

Post by faos333 »

Thanks for sharing with us Goose, is great fun to watch and learn from your tactics. Especially, these forced surrenders style you employ, is a must to be seen.

I can not recommend lots of things, since Iam new to the game. But I still remember Basra high difficulty level. For me it is a nightmare on Basra streets, to say.

My recommendations are to employ strong in artillery force and capable infantry units. On top you have to cover for air landings nightmare too. You need to be ready when they appear. Tanks in my opinion are less important in this map. You need only later on the scenario to catch up after exiting town hexes. So, maybe one Tiger is enough.
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
goose_2

Extended Weekend Channel Update

Post by goose_2 »

faos333 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:22 pm Thanks for sharing with us Goose, is great fun to watch and learn from your tactics. Especially, these forced surrenders style you employ, is a must to be seen.

I can not recommend lots of things, since Iam new to the game. But I still remember Basra high difficulty level. For me it is a nightmare on Basra streets, to say.

My recommendations are to employ strong in artillery force and capable infantry units. On top you have to cover for air landings nightmare too. You need to be ready when they appear. Tanks in my opinion are less important in this map. You need only later on the scenario to catch up after exiting town hexes. So, maybe one Tiger is enough.
Thanks for the feedback, my update will address what you are discussing.

Here is the update:

Single Player Update:

Afrika Korps:

I looked at Basra
Deeper
Thoughts on Upgrades:
Upgrade SE Bf-109G to an FW-190 Not doing this upgrade as upon further reflection, it is expensive and if I get a green SE Fighter I may have to downgrade a FW-190A based on my no more than 2 of the same unit type.
Upgrade SE Pz3J and the captured Grant to Tiger's. Based on the amount of other upgrades only going to ba able to do the SE Pz3J, which is actually not able to buy anymore as they have been phased out. It is pretty neat that I was able to hold onto it longer than the game offers it.
Upgrade 2 Panzer Grenadiers to 43 Grenadiers, the Bersaglieri to the 43 version. The Italian Inf is remaining an Italian inf until The Caucasus as I will need another Alpini
Upgrade StuG3F/8 to StuG3G.

Because I overstrengthen before I upgrade it is very costly and is draining me of my build up in prestige.

I hope to start Basra this weekend, and plan on uploading the 1st episode of my Iraq playthrough tomorrow

Here is the end of Syria:

No Ultimate playing but here is the end of my 1st attempt to play Maubeuge:

I hope to retry Wassigny after I complete Budapest 45

I have worked to play more of this intense battle. It is super extensive with so many units to balance and so many options to play. These uploads are intense, and is getting ever more dicey.

Finished Remagen this weekend. UGH! Here is the painful start:

I just want to be done with US Corps because the ulcer I am developing is just too overwhelming. ;)

As far as MP is concerned it seems to be ramping up in interest and is getting me excited once again to organize another tournament for 2020. :D :D :D :mrgreen:
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Yeah, US Corps at these settings isn't just a straight walk in the park! :)
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:52 am Yeah, US Corps at these settings isn't just a straight walk in the park! :)
Did you get a Decisive on Remagen? Spoiler alert...I did not.

I have slowed down on uploads to my channel as I have not found time to record much in the way of broadcasts.

I am teaching math to 4 of my kids and Catechizing my 11 year old in the Faith and working full time, so...even I need sleep.

But with a Baby coming soon I will have a lot more time. ;)

Here is a quick update on where I am at.

Afrika Korps:
Basra will give it a go this weekend, still doing some thinking on what to bring and how to best play, but should be ready to start this weekend. Not sure why but my latest posts on Iraq have not garnered the views and buzz my Double Rommel usually garners, not sure why, but happy that anyone is interested in what I am doing.

Richard Martin has started a posting of playing this to help me out and give me some ideas and I appreciate the alongside encouragement. I will be honest Wassigny has riled me up to no end. I liveplay it and garner a Decisive Victory, but it was far from clean as it ended up costing me 2 recons and quite a lot of damage. So I ended up trying again and have my 2nd playthrough already for posting but this time weather did not cooperate at all, and I ended up with 3 days straight of rain. UGH! So I lost, I lost the scenario and lost like 2 or 3 units. So I tried yet again but after 10 days I did not like how that was going either, so I am settling for more a loss play than a Decisive play to garner the desired prestige while at the same time getting kills and desired experience.

That is where I am at. Then I have to prepare for Arras. :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :roll:

I finally finished Budapest 45. So it will be a while before I pick this one back up.

Remagen is in the bag next is Torgau, which I will get to, I am not sure, but am so ready to put this playthrough in the scrap heap. I do not see myself playing at this difficulty level ever again. Not fun way to end a campaign, I am not sure what others experience has been with this expansion, but I would much rather do Double Rommel than combo again. :(

Liveplay is on this weekend, but he only wants to play a single scenario, so I will try to spice it up, but I think playing Battle of Britain should go pretty quick as less units to mess with.
goose_2

goose_2

WEEKEND UPDATE

Post by goose_2 »

Mostly played multiplayer as my liveplay shows. So much fun doing multiplayer I just can't get enough of it.

Let me know which maps you want to see, seemed to be some excitement around that 1939 mod I am playing with Scarface. We are at the start of 1941 in the timeline of the map, and I have yet to capture France, but getting close. Afrika and the Balkans has just opened up, and I am super pleased with how I am doing against their Navy.

Single Player Update:

Afrika Korps:

EXCITING NEWS!!! Basra is in the can, and now it is time for even more serious upgrades at the start of Persia. I will detail my thoughts on upgrades in the AAR post discussion going on in hurly's old post. Really enjoying that one.

I am surprised in the extreme dip in viewership on my Iraq posts as this used to be my most popular playthrough but seems to have waned as of late. Not sure why?

Wassigny is completed finally and I am posting the 2nd try with rain failure and will be posting my many tries on this extremely difficult scenario, if you try for a win. (This will be my next 2 posts on my channel, as I have a lot of Wassigny pain to dig through.)

Almost prepared for Arras.

Same spot for Manstein, will not be doing Seelow Heights for a while yet.

I will be looking at the 2nd to last battle here soon and hoping to attempt in the near future.

Liveplay has been garnering more and more viewers, and seems to be something I can offer that other channels do not showcase, so I am hoping to find more interested liveplayers for me on multiplayer. Let me know

Thanks for watching
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

goose_2 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:44 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:52 am Yeah, US Corps at these settings isn't just a straight walk in the park! :)
Did you get a Decisive on Remagen? Spoiler alert...I did not.
Yes, it's possible: https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 20#p798579
Will send you the file by email...
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

So after some personal and some business travel and a two months PzC break... a DV at Torgau is possible if you heavily focus on the northern part. :D

However, for sure not during the first attempt and most likely not without casualties. Maybe if I had been more patient and less aggressive but then time becomes an issue very quickly as well. I also didn't want to try too many times... As always, I am sure these scenarios can be played in a much better way, too. :mrgreen:

Anyways, so after all these US Corps battles, my fairly beaten up army is now not really in a position to take on the Red Army in any of the following two scenarios… :shock: :roll:
Attachments
(10.10.2019) Torgau, Turn 12 DV.zip
(83.49 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Please send me the playthrough. Thanks for checking out my liveplay this afternoon. I would love to see the video of you doing a Decisive on Torgau. Which one will you be trying as the end scenario?
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Thanks goose_2. I just sent you the file. I may try both as the end scenario but I am not expecting too much anymore, I had a brief look at both maps... well, will see...

By the way, I like that you are playing big MP maps now, too!
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

So I gave US Corps Wargames a defensive try, i.e. holding on to the first river for around 20 turns, then moved a small force along the Eastern flank to prolong it a bit, but well... here is how it ended after 30 turns (basically I was defeated by turn 1 already)... the number of heavy SU tanks is insane but likely realistic as well... :mrgreen:
US Corps Wargames.jpg
US Corps Wargames.jpg (428.03 KiB) Viewed 4131 times
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

So I am kind of done with US Corps now, just played Unthinkable once... Offensively until I reached the Oder River and then stopped to wait and see what happens...

It's not a DV, given the victory conditions (hold at least six objectives) it should be a MV but the game says Loss now, so don't know/not sure... crossing the Oder River seemed suicide given what was already West of the Oder. However, it is more playable than Wargames…

Well, for me US Corps was great fun though... Would recommend it to anybody but maybe not at FM plus Rommel settings plus attempting to play it fully blind the first time... blind kills it at these settings IMHO... good luck to all! :mrgreen:
Attachments
(17.10.2019) Unthinkable, Turn 30 - no DV.zip
(121.83 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

I looked with the Editor, Unthinkable does not have a MV. A DV and two losses are given.
It may be a typo.
Last edited by dalfrede on Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

dalfrede wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:01 am I looked with the Editor, Unthinkable does not have a MV. A DV and two losses are given.
I may be a typo.
Thanks dalfrede!
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Wow I stop posting for 6 weeks and a lot has happened since my last update.

My channel has reached 84 subscribers as off today, which is a super nice birthday present as today is my birthday. Hoping that I may actually hit 100 subs by the end of the year? Maybe?

Anyway, channel updates.

Finished US Corps, well at least as far as I was willing to go as Wargames broke me. :(

Here is the last post that broke me...you can feel it breaking me:

I am trying to liveplay my latest in Manstein 1945 playthrough, but my last attempt was to ambitious so I will try again, soon:

Afrika Korps Double Rommel is quickly coming to a close, but I have some questions before I can start/finish the last 3 battles.

Here is the latest post:

Here are my questions.

I have 5 more units to fill before the final battle in India.

Problem, I said that I would limit my purchases to only 2 units of every type. And I only can purchase Italian units. But I feel India needs 3 Strategic Bombers. So I am thinking of making a final exception for India and allowing for a 3rd Piagio. Thoughts?

My other purchases is another M40 da 75/18, and maybe another 1 or 2 75mm arty's as the most recent is being upgraded to a 14 strength 149mm arty after earning 4 stars rather easily.

I am wondering if I should purchase another Italian Fighter? A couple cheaper less effective Italian 88's? (I have 2 awesome Italian 88's already with 2 stars experience each. I really want a couple mobile AA's but Italian units do not have that option.)

Are there other gaps you see in my core force that I am not considering?

I have finished Dunkirk on Ultimate difficulty and came out shining savescumming the results of one day which I saw as critical.

I am busy posting my final playthrough for Amiens, which I will not bother posting a link to because for some reason it posted at 360 resolution. :| :oops: :roll:

My most exciting new playthrough has to be my Soviet Corps as it is getting some of the most views that my channel has ever received on my posts.

Here is the exciting conclusion to Finland, which I thought was a super difficult battle that I will let you see how/if I pulled it off.

not sure why at the crappy 360p resolution... :oops: :oops: :cry: :evil:
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

goose_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:34 pm My channel has reached 84 subscribers as off today, which is a super nice birthday present as today is my birthday.
Happy (84th?) birthday then!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(=just kidding)... all the best to you (and your family)! :D
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Well as of today I made it to 100 subscribers a day before my official 1st post. I am hoping to get my nephew up here towards the end of the month who knows how to work with hardware and I hope he can help me attach a video card to my newish computer so I can play PC 2 as well as other games, maybe. ;)

Thanks for all the interest in my channel, as I have almost 4000 hours watched of my videos in the past year. Crazy!
goose_2

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Finally getting those upgrades eh? Panzer Corps 2 multiplayer could use some important stress and balancing testing. ;)
faos333

Post by faos333 »

goose_2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:53 pm Well as of today I made it to 100 subscribers a day before my official 1st post. I am hoping to get my nephew up here towards the end of the month who knows how to work with hardware and I hope he can help me attach a video card to my newish computer so I can play PC 2 as well as other games, maybe. ;)

Thanks for all the interest in my channel, as I have almost 4000 hours watched of my videos in the past year. Crazy!
Great news!!!
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985

Return to “Panzer Corps”