New TT Mod version 1.5.18 now available!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

New TT Mod version 1.5.18 now available!

Post by Paul59 »

The TT mod has now been updated to cover the "Wolves at the Gate" DLC, and the latest 1.5.18 game patch.

In addition to the new armies and units for the new period, the original TT Mod armies and units have had many improvements, additions and corrections. I have attempted to keep track of all the changes, and you can find a full list within the mod folder, AmendmentsV1.5.18.txt, it is far too long to print here!

Due to all the changes, this new version of the mod will probably be incompatible with any TT Mod campaigns and battles that you are currently playing, so please finish them before installing this version of the Mod.

Once installed you can delete the old version of the mod.

Even though the full list of features is too long to reproduce here, the "headlines" are these:

The long banner problem has finally been solved. If by any chance you are still experiencing the Long banner problem with this version of the mod please report the problem in this thread with a screenshot.

Nearly all vanilla armies in Field of Glory II and it's DLCs have been reworked with new units and textures. This includes all the Wolves at the Gate armies.

The Custom battles modules now includes my Wars of the Diadochi Epic Battles collection. I have indicated the scenario difficulty level which most closely matches the reported historical situation of each battle in the introduction. However you can still play at other levels to give yourself an appropriate challenge. The battles are; Defeat of Leonnatus, Crannon, The Hellespont, Orcynia, Cretopolis, Paraitakene, Gabiene, Gaza, Ipsus and Corupedium. To find these select Epic Battles and they will be within the TT Mod Custom Battles 1.5.18 module. The three battles most suitable for MP play; Orcynia, Paraitakene and Gabiene are available under TT Mod Multiplayer 1.5.18.

Some minor bugs in the last release (TT Mod 1.5.3) have been fixed.

Some screenshots:

New warm side textures and banner for Norman Armoured Lancers (called Milites in the mod).

New warm side banner for Andalusians

New cool side textures and banner for Dark Age Spanish.

New Etruscan Axemen.

TT Mod Campaigns

Here is the link to the TT Mod Campaigns:

LINK DELETED PLEASE FIND NEW VERSION OF THE TT MOD

To install:
1) Click on the link and download.

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.18.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.18.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.18 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_CampaignsV1.5.18 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS.

DO NOT PUT THIS MOD IN YOUR MAIN GAME BUILD!

TT Mod Custom Battles

Here is the link to the TT Mod Custom Battles Module:

To install:

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.18.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.18.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.18 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_CustomBattlesV1.5.18 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS.

TT Mod Multiplayer

Here is the link to the TT Mod Multiplayer Custom Battles Module:

To install:

2) You will probably find the downloaded TT_Mod_MPV1.5.18.rar file in your Downloads folder.

3) Extract the TT_Mod_MPV1.5.18.rar file to produce the TT_Mod_MPV1.5.18 folder.

4) Cut and paste the TT_Mod_MPV1.5.18 folder into My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/MULTIPLAYER.

When attempting to play the TT Mod Custom Battles and TT Mod Multiplayer Custom Battles, make sure you click on the "Select Another Module" button to select the TT Mod.

A special credit is due to 'Little Big Men Studios' for most of the new shield and banner designs in this mod. Stephen Hales (of Little Big Men Studios) has given Paul Adaway permission to use these for this user mod only and no company may take these designs for use without his permission or for sale in any way.

Also some of Weeag's shields (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthre ... s-Resource) used in the many of my new Dark Age unit textures.

Many thanks to paleologos for some of his Slavic shields: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/download ... le&id=4320

The shields for the Saitic Egyptian Foot were obtained with permission from MonsterMind at Spiral Graphics Forum:

http://www.spiralforums.biz/index.php?s ... 513&page=1

Many thanks to WhollyFool for his Arthurian Mod banner designs, and Kaweh K for many of his Total War mod banner designs.

Many thanks to Anardion for his Mount and Blade Templar banner: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1872

Many thanks to Roudrac for his Mount and Blade black and white Templar banner: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=219978.0

Enjoy!

Paul
Last edited by Paul59 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
petrus58
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: New TT Mod version 1.5.18 now available!

Post by petrus58 »

Paul, many thanks again for updating this excellent mod, Peter
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Truly outstanding work, Paul. Can’t wait to try the new units!
pinwolf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pinwolf »

Thank you very much for this.
Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

Appreciate all the time and effort. I know how much work goes into mods like this. Thanks very much.

Mord.
MarkShot
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by MarkShot »

I just played this, and had a blast (lost too). :)

Thanks!!!
antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

Fantastic! Trying it now! Thanks for your hard work.
miki

Post by miki »

Downloaded! Thanks a lot!
Saludos
Miki
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Paul,

I played a couple test battles as this. With the standard game, I would have won. I lost 2. Initially, it was close, and then the score diverged. I don't think you changed the AI. I am just curious what might account for it? BTW, I am not complaining; I lost very happily.

Thanks!

2019-08-30 21-56-19.jpg
2019-08-30 21-56-19.jpg (227.13 KiB) Viewed 8242 times
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

MarkShot wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:45 am Paul,

I played a couple test battles as this. With the standard game, I would have won. I lost 2. Initially, it was close, and then the score diverged. I don't think you changed the AI. I am just curious what might account for it? BTW, I am not complaining; I lost very happily.

Thanks!

2019-08-30 21-56-19.jpg
You are right, there are no changes to the AI behaviour.

The only thing that might explain it is that some of the Macedonian Pike units are slightly better quality than in the standard game. They cost more points, and are costed correctly using the official points chart, but maybe in very small battles that points differential might not translate into a real advantage for the Romans.

The Macedonian Pike have been that way since the start of the mod, nearly two years ago. I have sometimes considered changing it back to the standard values, maybe I will for the next update.

cheers
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

uneducated
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by uneducated »

The Etruscan Axemen look absolutely gorgeous! Amazing work!

Thank you for the Mod.

These mods and campaigns are large and I hope that Field of Glory II will soon support manual selection of the folder where they are expected to be found.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Well, I want to say that it was close enough that I could have/should have won it.

But then, it is also odd when the 40% win is close to achievable, but failure to do so should result in a significant loss at the 60% juncture.

I don't know enough military history to know, if a force had just fought on for another 30-120 minutes, they would have gone from being big losers to winners. But scientifically I can easily see a case where equal force is brought to a battle. One side expends its peak early while another expends it in a more measured fashion.

I don't think it is a major problem. Even if my force curve peaks early, then it simply means, I must learn to break the enemy in the early battle before his stamina undoes me.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

MarkShot wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:36 pm Well, I want to say that it was close enough that I could have/should have won it.

But then, it is also odd when the 40% win is close to achievable, but failure to do so should result in a significant loss at the 60% juncture.

I don't know enough military history to know, if a force had just fought on for another 30-120 minutes, they would have gone from being big losers to winners. But scientifically I can easily see a case where equal force is brought to a battle. One side expends its peak early while another expends it in a more measured fashion.

I don't think it is a major problem. Even if my force curve peaks early, then it simply means, I must learn to break the enemy in the early battle before his stamina undoes me.
That phenomenon is typical of FOG2 and is nothing to do with the mod. I experience it many times when playing at Emperor level, I will race ahead to an early points lead, but then my army just runs out of steam as the AIs numerical advantage kicks in.

Historically, such things did happen occasionally, but usually through a particular incident such as the death of a commander, or the intervention of reinforcements. The Battle of Apamea, which I made for Wolves at the Gate, is a good example, apparently the Byzantines had virtually won the battle when their CinC was killed, causing the complete disintergration of their army and the Fatimids to rally.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Well, I survived this little battle with Macedon as the Romans on Legate by "dancing around the table" as it were. :) I was just single turn short of a flank charge!
2019-09-01 00-55-15 Survive1.jpg
2019-09-01 00-55-15 Survive1.jpg (427.75 KiB) Viewed 8165 times
2019-09-01 00-55-15 Survive1.jpg
2019-09-01 00-55-15 Survive1.jpg (427.75 KiB) Viewed 8165 times
Sorry, don't know why I have a duplicate image.
Attachments
2019-09-01 00-55-50 Survive2.jpg
2019-09-01 00-55-50 Survive2.jpg (259.64 KiB) Viewed 8165 times
BornGinger
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BornGinger »

Great. Now I can have the Etruscans and the Samnites in new clothes.
julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

There seems to be a bug in the Cretopolis Epic Battle included in the Mod.

Playing Antigonid I have destroyed or routed every enemy unit with 8% losses but have not won as enemy losses are shown as 36% even though there is not a single unit remaining on the map.

I have played the scenario from the other side and can confirm there are no other units, no flanking forces etc. that I have not destroyed.

Because I can't win, the game just goes on and on and never ends. I have played past turn 40 without the game ending or any enemy units being found in woods, or coming in from off map.
Screen_00000007s.jpg
Screen_00000007s.jpg (426.25 KiB) Viewed 7917 times
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

julianbarker wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:48 pm There seems to be a bug in the Cretopolis Epic Battle included in the Mod.

Playing Antigonid I have destroyed or routed every enemy unit with 8% losses but have not won as enemy losses are shown as 36% even though there is not a single unit remaining on the map.

I have played the scenario from the other side and can confirm there are no other units, no flanking forces etc. that I have not destroyed.

Because I can't win, the game just goes on and on and never ends. I have played past turn 40 without the game ending or any enemy units being found in woods, or coming in from off map.

Screen_00000007s.jpg
Thanks for spotting this bug Julian!

I actually identified this bug while working on the Diadochi scenarios, it is caused by the unusual method of adjusting the Difficulty level that I was using for some of the scenarios, and actually was affecting some of the official Immortal Fire scenarios too. RBS worked out a solution which I applied to the Diadochi scenarios, but it looks like I made some last minute changes to Cretopolis and forgot to add the solution.

I will correct the scenarios in the next update, but that might not be for a long time. If you want I can post a link to the corrected scenario scripts, but you would have to copy and paste them into the scenario folder yourself.

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

Glad it is a known fix. No need for the for the correction. I am really enjoying the Diadochi battles. Many thanks for adding them in.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

julianbarker wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 pm Glad it is a known fix. No need for the for the correction. I am really enjoying the Diadochi battles. Many thanks for adding them in.
I have checked the scripts for all the other scenarios, and it looks like it was only the Cretopolis scenarios that have the problem.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

Great work again Paul. Thanks!

Return to “Field of Glory II”