Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Arranging MP Game....Interested ?

Post by Geffalrus »

Tragedy in the Aegean! The Antigonid Royal News reports a terrible accident off the coast of Troy. Drunk on Greek wine stolen from the concession stand at the Troy Museum, the Pictish navigator of Caledonian Cruiselines ran into some rocks and sank the flimsy craft. There were no survivors.

Antigonid rescue services rush to the scene:
Rescue.jpg
Rescue.jpg (205.56 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
But alas, they were not in time...... :cry:
Tragedy.jpg
Tragedy.jpg (213.14 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Yaitz331 »

Ptolemy? Why the FUCK are you DISASSEMBLING EVERY SINGLE BUILDING IN JERUSALEM AND DELIBERATELY SABOTAGING THE REGION BY MISMANAGING THE POPULATION?!

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:43 pm Ptolemy? Why the FUCK are you DISASSEMBLING EVERY SINGLE BUILDING IN JERUSALEM AND DELIBERATELY SABOTAGING THE REGION BY MISMANAGING THE POPULATION?!

Politeness.costs nothing.....

Funnily enough that situation closely resembles the situation in Petra after the "accidental" attack and capture by the Judean Army a few years back...

I am sure the two facts are not in any way related :wink:

In any case you should be in Jerusalem before the buildings collapse if you stick to the timetable....
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Geffalrus wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:32 pm Tragedy in the Aegean! The Antigonid Royal News reports a terrible accident off the coast of Troy. Drunk on Greek wine stolen from the concession stand at the Troy Museum, the Pictish navigator of Caledonian Cruiselines ran into some rocks and sank the flimsy craft. There were no survivors.

Antigonid rescue services rush to the scene:
Rescue.jpg

But alas, they were not in time...... :cry:
Tragedy.jpg
A career in PR awaits I suspect....... :mrgreen:
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:12 pm
Yaitz331 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:43 pm Ptolemy? Why the FUCK are you DISASSEMBLING EVERY SINGLE BUILDING IN JERUSALEM AND DELIBERATELY SABOTAGING THE REGION BY MISMANAGING THE POPULATION?!

Politeness.costs nothing.....

Funnily enough that situation closely resembles the situation in Petra after the "accidental" attack and capture by the Judean Army a few years back...

I am sure the two facts are not in any way related :wink:

In any case you should be in Jerusalem before the buildings collapse if you stick to the timetable....
Not deliberately sabotaging Jerusalem out of spite costs nothing...

Judea did not disassemble a single buiding in Petra, nor did Judea deliberately mismanage the population thereof. Ptolemy is falsely twisting the facts, as he has done many times before.

Given that Ptolemy's premature conquest of Samaria a year early has exposed Gallilea to Nabatean attack and defeat of Judea's forces marching to liberate Jerusalem, the timetable of which Ptolemy speaks is no longer applicable.

Judea did not complain of breach of the treaty when Ptoleemy acted prematurely in conquering Samaria a year ahead of schedule. This has opened the door to Nabatean breach of the treaty, and this in turn has opened the door to Ptolemaic destruction of Jerusalem. Seeing as how the treaty called for a return of Jerusalem to Judea, not the return of a smoldering ruin on the former site of Jerusalem, this too constitutes a breach of the treaty.

Ptolemy and Nabatea have both violated the treaty, and Ptolemy is now attemping to violate the treaty once more. Seeing as how the Ptolemaic breach of a treaty is what led to this war in the first place, this comes as no surprise.

If Jerusalem is destroyed, the treaty will be rendered null and void, and Seleucus' powerful army in the area will steamroll Ptolemy's forces. As it is now once again made clear that it is Ptolemy and not Judea who desires war, Judea requests Antigonid alliance.

Ptolemy's evil must not go unpunished.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Scorched earth tactics are much older than those times! Efficient and effective- I do the same all the time.

Don't worry, you can't disassemble wonders though I'm sure devoncop tried.
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by loki100 »

Geffalrus wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:32 pm Tragedy in the Aegean! The Antigonid Royal News reports a terrible accident off the coast of Troy. Drunk on Greek wine stolen from the concession stand at the Troy Museum, the Pictish navigator of Caledonian Cruiselines ran into some rocks and sank the flimsy craft. There were no survivors.

ah, and there is the error. The cowardly Berlix did indeed survive, and will no doubt have much to tell at the next round of the Itunae book festival (with carved stones) when he finally arrives
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

devoncop wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:12 pm Image
Dude, not cool. Taunting him with the disassembly is one thing since that's reversible and non-permanent if you stop it in time. But the food sabotage is a humanitarian crisis with longer term consequences, none of which were part of the treaty agreement.

Put those farmers back in the field and stop riling up the Jewish Elders. I SWEAR THAT I WILL PULL THIS CAR OVER, SO HELP ME ZEUS :wink:

Now if y'all don't mind, I have a missing Pictish ship captain to chase down...........
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

To show restraint and goodwill Egypt will put the farmers back to work.

However .......private demands by Judea to take an extra region on the Red Sea in addition to what was agreed in the peace deal (which prompted this action) must be withdrawn immediately.....otherwise Egypt reserves the right to deal with Jerusalem as it sees fit whatever the consequences. This will include up to and beyond the option of simply abandoning Samaria to the Seleucids and the any other areas of Palestine under Egyptian rulers from Jerusalem) and defending Jerusalem from Judean/Seleucid assault.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

devoncop wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:06 am To show restraint and goodwill Egypt will put the farmers back to work.

However .......private demands by Judea to take an extra region on the Red Sea in addition to what was agreed in the peace deal (which prompted this action) must be withdrawn immediately.....otherwise Egypt reserves the right to deal with Jerusalem as it sees fit whatever the consequences. This will include up to and beyond the option of simply abandoning Samaria to the Seleucids and the any other areas of Palestine under Egyptian rule from Jerusalem) and defending Jerusalem from Judea assault.
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:06 am To show restraint and goodwill Egypt will put the farmers back to work.

However .......private demands by Judea to take an extra region on the Red Sea in addition to what was agreed in the peace deal (which prompted this action) must be withdrawn immediately.....otherwise Egypt reserves the right to deal with Jerusalem as it sees fit whatever the consequences. This will include up to and beyond the option of simply abandoning Samaria to the Seleucids and the any other areas of Palestine under Egyptian rulers from Jerusalem) and defending Jerusalem from Judean/Seleucid assault.
This demand came as a result of Ptolemy's premature conquest of Samaria which Judea wished compensation for, upon which Ptolemy replied:
There is no compensation due to Judea as Egypt has taken a region that it was agreed she could take and abandoned the region it was agreed she would abandon.

The matter of timing is one in which the Judean and Egyptian position differs but which is essentially irrelevant in the greater scheme of things. Judea has lost nothing and Egypt has gained nothing either way.
However, seeing as how the premature conquest of Samaria has led to Nabatean conquest of Galilea and destruction of Judea's army attempting to liberate Jerusalem, this claim is false. Judea has indeed lost out due to Ptolemy's premature action.

Judea merely wishes to take one extra region to avoid an Arabian-held region in their rear and to be able to form a province. Given that Ptolemy has acted prematurely and Nabatea has invaded Judean territory proper, this minor request for compensation is not very much.

Judea is open to reconsidering her stance on this matter, and is in fact likely to concede this issue (indeed, Judea was about to suggest a deal that would satisfy both Judea and Ptolemy in private communications when Ptolemy's disgraceful actions in Jerusalem were uncovered) - however, Ptolemy must cease the sabotage of Jerusalem before any further negotiation can take place.

Judea gives Ptolemy her word that, once the destruction of Jerusalem is stopped, they will suggest the compromise and, if Ptolemy should reject that, will merely request monetary compensation for the premature conquest of Samaria and Nabatea's invasion of Galilea (and, unlike Ptolemy's word, ours can be trusted). Until the sabotage of Jerusalem is stopped, however, no negotiations will be held.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

All demolition of Jerusalem's facilities has already been stopped and food production resumed.

A garrison has however been placed in the city which will remain until the demand for a further Red Sea region is withdrawn.

The actions of Nabatea are (as Judea is well aware) outside of the control of Egypt.

Egypt will await the Judean clarification.....however it needs to be understood that as per the agreement made there will be no monetary payments going from the Egyptian treasury to the Judean one. Indeed given the recent large payments made to Judea from her sponsors Judea is hardly "out of pocket" :roll:
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:30 amAll demolition of Jerusalem's facilities has already been stopped and food production resumed.

A garrison has however been placed in the city which will remain until the demand for a further Red Sea region is withdrawn.

The actions of Nabatea are (as Judea is well aware) outside of the control of Egypt.

Egypt will await the Judean clarification.....however it needs to be understood that as per the agreement made there will be no monetary payments going from the Egyptian treasury to the Judean one. Indeed given the recent large payments made to Judea from her sponsors Judea is hardly "out of pocket" :roll:
While Nabatea's actions are indeed outside of Egyptian control, Egypt is still responsible for the actions of her vassals. If Ptolemy wishes to entirely remove his responsibility for Nabatea's actions, he would have to revoke his protection as well, and while Judea would not complain in that eventuality, Judea does find that eventuality highly unlikely.

As for the "large payments", Judea is currently in deficit despite Seleucus' generous gifts. For a nation much reduced by aggressive hostile action, it is hard to field any sizable army without running a deficit.

Judea's compromise suggestion is this: Seeing as how Judea's two reasons for wanting the extra region are to form the province and remove an Arabian region in Judea's rear, taking the region, forming the province, and then abandoning the region will satisfy both of Judea's wishes and be entirely acceptable to Ptolemy. As that will leave Judea with two of the four regions of the province, the province will not be destroyed by this abandonment.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

One can also see Geffalrus is sending you gold from his screenshots.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

13obo wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:20 pm One can also see Geffalrus is sending you gold from his screenshots.
That confused me initially too....I put that to the Antigonids and they denied sending money......

The screenshot actually says "Antigonus of the Seleucids" sent the money. If I remember correctly the Seleucids are now being ruled by a ruler called Antigonus !

On such misunderstandings world wars have started :D
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

My bad! Didn't know Antigonid could see Seleucid gifts on the map.
jimwinsor
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by jimwinsor »

devoncop wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:31 pm
13obo wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:20 pm One can also see Geffalrus is sending you gold from his screenshots.
That confused me initially too....I put that to the Antigonids and they denied sending money......

The screenshot actually says "Antigonus of the Seleucids" sent the money. If I remember correctly the Seleucids are now being ruled by a ruler called Antigonus !

On such misunderstandings world wars have started :D
Indeed!

Antigonus Seleucus I
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

Yaitz331 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:09 pmJudea's compromise suggestion is this: Seeing as how Judea's two reasons for wanting the extra region are to form the province and remove an Arabian region in Judea's rear, taking the region, forming the province, and then abandoning the region will satisfy both of Judea's wishes and be entirely acceptable to Ptolemy. As that will leave Judea with two of the four regions of the province, the province will not be destroyed by this abandonment.
So does Ptolemy approve of this compromise?

This will satisfy Judea's wishes, and I see no reason why Ptolemy would object.
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

13obo wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:58 pm My bad! Didn't know Antigonid could see Seleucid gifts on the map.
I see EVERYTHING on the map. Nothing is hidden from me. :lol: :twisted:
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:42 pm
Yaitz331 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:09 pmJudea's compromise suggestion is this: Seeing as how Judea's two reasons for wanting the extra region are to form the province and remove an Arabian region in Judea's rear, taking the region, forming the province, and then abandoning the region will satisfy both of Judea's wishes and be entirely acceptable to Ptolemy. As that will leave Judea with two of the four regions of the province, the province will not be destroyed by this abandonment.
So does Ptolemy approve of this compromise?

This will satisfy Judea's wishes, and I see no reason why Ptolemy would object.

The offer is accepted provided no raiding of any kind occurs on Egyptian,Arabian or Nabatean regions.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”