Activating the heavy infantry upgrade stops Judea from building them. Bug or WAD?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

vaalen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Activating the heavy infantry upgrade stops Judea from building them. Bug or WAD?

Post by vaalen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:25 am

After finally building the needed Arsenal, I was able to take the decision to improve my heavy infantry. I am playing Judea.

I had been able to build heavy infantry in every province where I had a training ground.

However, when I tried to build some heavy infantry after the upgrade, the display told me I needed a barracks to build them.

As Judea, I have never had the opportunity to build a barracks, even though I have a number of training grounds. Judea does have a Zealot barracks, a unique building that enables the building of Zealots, who are medium infantry, but it does not enable the building of heavy infantry.

Despite this, my existing heavy infantry are converting to the improved version of heavy infantry, but I still cannot build any, and I still cannot build any barracks.

Is this intentional, or a bug?

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Activating the heavy infantry upgrade stops Judea from building them. Bug or WAD?

Post by devoncop » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:13 am

vaalen wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:25 am
After finally building the needed Arsenal, I was able to take the decision to improve my heavy infantry. I am playing Judea.

I had been able to build heavy infantry in every province where I had a training ground.

However, when I tried to build some heavy infantry after the upgrade, the display told me I needed a barracks to build them.

As Judea, I have never had the opportunity to build a barracks, even though I have a number of training grounds. Judea does have a Zealot barracks, a unique building that enables the building of Zealots, who are medium infantry, but it does not enable the building of heavy infantry.

Despite this, my existing heavy infantry are converting to the improved version of heavy infantry, but I still cannot build any, and I still cannot build any barracks.

Is this intentional, or a bug?

I believe Pocus has indicated this is WAD.

Judea historically fielded extremely effective zealots rather than relying on lots of HI......in FoG2 the Jewish Revolt army is one of the strongest in the game for that reason.

vaalen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Activating the heavy infantry upgrade stops Judea from building them. Bug or WAD?

Post by vaalen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:35 am

Thanks for answering my question.

I will have to try out the Jewish Revolt army in FOG 2.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”