Version 1.5.21 Update

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Version 1.5.21 Update

Post by Daniele »

Hi everyone,

Field of Glory II has been updated to version 1.5.21

You can download the update from here

Mirrors:
http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/Field ... 1.5.21.zip
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Field ... 1.5.21.zip

• AI:
o Improved AI for the cavalry wings of cavalry armies.

• Gameplay:
o Non-cataphract cavalry will now break off from infantry unless they will have a significant advantage in the ensuing melee. (Previously they would stay in combat if they had a very slight advantage, which tended to lead to an attritional combat that they were unlikely to win in the end). Break off logic for cataphracts has been left unchanged because they often have a better chance of winning the melee than the impact, so staying in combat if they have some advantage is often the better option.
o Heavy Infantry that are of “Below Average” (or “Somewhat Disheartened”) or worse quality (quality <= 90) no longer get the +1 CT modifier for Heavy Foot.

• UI:
o Information text will now automatically scroll to the top when you click on a different Army List, Campaign or Epic Battles module.

• Manual:
o Change: Close Order Warbands and troops of “Below Average” (or “Somewhat Disheartened”) or worse quality are excluded from the +1 Cohesion Test modifier for being Heavy Foot.

• Bug Fixes:
o Fixed bug that could sometimes cause music to play (despite music volume being on zero) on reloading a game saved in force selection or deployment mode.
o Fixed bug that corrupted campaign unit database if player rolled back to previous stage of campaign instead of playing one of the choices in a pursue/don't pursue decision.
o Fixed bug that could sometimes cause the game to crash if a new sandbox campaign was started after playing (or loading) another one in the same session.
elmo3
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Version 1.5.21 Update

Post by elmo3 »

My game says 1.5.3 so this is not an update for me apparently. The installer says I already have a newer version.
z1812z
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by z1812z »

I wonder what the problem may be that the update process is so convoluted. I opened FOG2 and navigated to where I wished to be and a pop up opened informing me that an update was available. So I clicked on the button to advance to the update. That put me back to the game menu without a clue as to where the update was. So I exited and and clicked update on the game start page which sent me to the auto update pop up which then told me there was an error and so no download. Then I came here and saw this thread and downloaded the update.

It is not a big deal and certainly miniscule in the scheme of things. However it is irritating when auto-update is so undependable. I am not just talking about this game. My remarks are about auto update in general. Perhaps it should be re-named non-auto-update.
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

Hi Elmo,

The build you currently have is a year old. You can resolve your issue, by uninstalling and redownloading the game. This can be done by logging in to the Slitherine site and locating the
[PC] Installer v1.5.12 from the dowload section of https://www.slitherine.com/game/field-of-glory-ii.

After, your game will update to the latest version :)

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

- Surtur
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Surtur

I reinstalled the game and Immortal Fire. Now when I try to update it says there is an error with the FTP server. Will download 1.5.21 manually and try to install it.

Elmo

Edit - Manually downloading and installing 1.5.21 worked. Thanks.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

elmo3 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:57 pm Surtur

I reinstalled the game and Immortal Fire. Now when I try to update it says there is an error with the FTP server. Will download 1.5.21 manually and try to install it.

Elmo

Edit - Manually downloading and installing 1.5.21 worked. Thanks.
Glad you got it sorted.
Richard Bodley Scott

Tresantes

Post by Tresantes »

I click on the link above, or from other pages, and keep getting the message 'cannot reach this page'
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Daniele wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:41 pm
Field of Glory II has been updated to version 1.5.21

You can download the update from here
This link simply times out whenever I try it. I went thru the store products page where my game is displayed and it timed out via that link as well. I tried getting at the file via ftp software rather than the browser and those attempts timed out as well.

and the launcher update button has never ever worked for me.
Tresantes

Post by Tresantes »

Y'know, Georg there has some very interesting posts. I'm not sure how interested he is in ancient wargames, but he certainly comes armed with a host of remedies...

Ah, spam post this refers to has been removed...
Last edited by Tresantes on Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by vakarr »

Same for me, I can't download it from this page or from "my page" and the check for updates download (from the game menu) has never worked. I have been able to download previous versions before from here or from "my page" but now all I get is that the page cannot be reached.
CheAhn
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by CheAhn »

I have the same issues.
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

Hello everyone, we are sorry for the issues with FTP connections and download links timeouts and we are investigating the problem. Please bear with us while we work on a fix.
garymann
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by garymann »

re the bounce off rules

"Non-cataphract cavalry" does this include Camel-mounted cavalry or are "cavalry" and "camelry" treated as distinct categories(ie only applies to the former)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

garymann wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:40 pm re the bounce off rules

"Non-cataphract cavalry" does this include Camel-mounted cavalry or are "cavalry" and "camelry" treated as distinct categories(ie only applies to the former)
It includes Camelry.
Richard Bodley Scott

Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

Are 1.5.19 and 1.5.20 rolled into 1.5.21? Patch notes skip from 1.5.18 to 1.5.21.

Mord.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Mord wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:39 pm Are 1.5.19 and 1.5.20 rolled into 1.5.21? Patch notes skip from 1.5.18 to 1.5.21.

Mord.
Yes. Those were beta versions. It confuses me less if the beta and release versions have different version numbers. (Numbers are not in short supply).
Richard Bodley Scott

Mord
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

Says you. I ran out of 3s yesterday!

Cool. Thanks brother! I knew it was a stupid question but wanted to double check. And trust me when I tell you stupid questions are never in short supply when it comes to me.

Mord.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Was able to download from the link today; thanks for the fix.
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

still getting the page unreachable error message.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

vakarr wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:07 am still getting the page unreachable error message.
Try the mirror links in the original first post.

Return to “Field of Glory II”