Based in South Hampshire, England.

Large number of FOG R Players.

More details at:

http://www.wessexwargamessociety.co.uk/
petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by petedalby »

I live in Fareham but Saturdays are a non-starter for me.

If you have any club members who fancy a mid-week game please ask them to get in touch? I play FoGA&M and want to start playing FoGR.

Please pass on my email address - peterdalby@talktalk.net

Cheers
Pete
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

As my sister lives in Southampton I might be able to drop in occasionally if doing family visiting type stuff :)
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk
Syph
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Syph »

We are looking into holding some games midweek, we are currently seeing how much support we would likely expect.
Syph

Post by Syph »

Nik, you would be welcome to come along any time. probably best to post in the forums (a link can be found off website above) tp sort out an opponent.
Smithy1854
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Wessex Wargames Society Southampton

Post by Smithy1854 »

Just an update to the very old thread messages above. As chairman of the club now I can confirm, yes we do have a large number of a regular players of FOGA and FOGR players. We did attempt to have a by weekly Wednesday night meeting which unfortunately did not continue due to numerous reasons. We are going to address this again in the near future. Please do look at our website which will give you dates and times of our meetings. We have a number of members in the Southampton area who game as and when work permits, I am sure midweek games could and would be arranged through the club site. Nik by all means please do visit, you will be made most welcome.

Cheers Kevin, chairman
nigelemsen
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by nigelemsen »

I'm going to try and get across to Solent on Thursday evenings in the near future... But happy to host mid week evening game live near ringwood or happy to travel after work within reason...
Proelium: Wargaming rules for 3000B.C. - 1901A.D.
Hordes of Models and Buckets of Dice
Web: www.quickplayrules.com
Social: www.facebook.com/quickplayrules
Twitter: @quickplayrules
BrendaM

Post by BrendaM »

New member here on this forum, and also a member of the WWS which I've been attending for just under three years now. It's an excellent club - so much so that I am happy to do the two hours plus round trip and ignore much more local clubs, a couple of times a month. There's usually at least one big FoGR game each meeting, often more. Usually, it's 1400 points on the "long" Saturdays (10am-6pm) and 800/900 points on the "short" Saturdays (1pm-6pm) - I think all army books are covered, but mainly Tudor and ECW.
RonanTheLibrarian
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by RonanTheLibrarian »

Just to add that a triumvirate of Wessex Wargames Society members, alternating as a pair under the name "The Double Ones", managed to come a very creditable last (out of 12 teams) in the Abingdon Doubles last October, snatching a draw from the jaws of victory in the last of our four matches by failing a death roll of 1 with the final roll of the bones. But were we disheartened? Well.....er, yes, a bit actually as we could easily have come 7th, things were so close. Nevertheless, inspired by our unexpectedly high placing, we are now thinking of entering two teams in the Devizes Doubles in July. Onwards and downwards is our motto.......so look out for us (hint: if you are looking for us, starting at the bottom of the league table will save you a lot of time).
"No plan survives the first contact with the dice."

"There is something wrong with our bloody dice today!"
nigelemsen
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by nigelemsen »

RonanTheLibrarian wrote:Just to add that a triumvirate of Wessex Wargames Society members, alternating as a pair under the name "The Double Ones", managed to come a very creditable last (out of 12 teams) in the Abingdon Doubles last October, snatching a draw from the jaws of victory in the last of our four matches by failing a death roll of 1 with the final roll of the bones. But were we disheartened? Well.....er, yes, a bit actually as we could easily have come 7th, things were so close. Nevertheless, inspired by our unexpectedly high placing, we are now thinking of entering two teams in the Devizes Doubles in July. Onwards and downwards is our motto.......so look out for us (hint: if you are looking for us, starting at the bottom of the league table will save you a lot of time).
And brain and I kept you company at the bottom in Abingdon... Thank you for saving us from total ignamy :)

I'm planning to go to devises too... So you won't be lonely at the bottom....
Proelium: Wargaming rules for 3000B.C. - 1901A.D.
Hordes of Models and Buckets of Dice
Web: www.quickplayrules.com
Social: www.facebook.com/quickplayrules
Twitter: @quickplayrules
BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Just a quick update to this thread. The FoG:R players at Wessex Wargames Society are about to start an ECW campaign in January 2020, using the FoG:R rules for battles and army lists. If there are any current - or lapsed, we are happy to rescue "fallen" wargamers - players in the Southampton area, or further afield, I drive down from Haslemere* as does my regular sparring partner David Hewkin (the only other gamer in the village :lol: ), you are most welcome.

BvW (formerly RonanTheLibrarian - see above)

(That's the Surrey one, not the Buckinghamshire one - that would be a bit too keen!)

Return to “Opponent Finder”