Table Top Banners For Vanilla FoG II

Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Table Top Banners For Vanilla FoG II

Post by Mord »

This is basically all of Paul's banners cut out of the TT Mod and setup to use in Vanilla FoG II (65 banners in all). I have been working on getting my game modded just so and started working on this this morning. Spent the entire day figuring it out (luckily Paul tipped me to the fact some files won't work in the Global Mod setting). It was quite a learning experience. It started out just being for personal use but figured there's enough of that in gaming and thought maybe some of you guys would like to use it too. I know some of you don't use the TT Mod but let me tell you what, these banners are worth their weight in immersion! Paul did a fantastic job on them. They made me want to play even more. Had a helluva a time not starting the fighting when I was taking the screens.

NOTE: Not sure how well the MP part will be. I had no way to test it. Basically I duplicated the Custom Battles folder and threw it in the MP folder. I was under the impression that was the correct way to do it.

ATTENTION: PATCH
You only need this patch if you DLed before 12/06/19

This is a tiny patch that fixes a bug where the Anglo-Danes were using Roman banners. Paul told me it was a known issue and would be updated in the next TT Mod version but graciously allowed me to upload a fix for the the banners now. Just down load and unzip the included folders directly into the Campaigns and Multiplayer folders. Let them overwrite whatever they ask to.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ij59vtyvc ... h.zip/file

UPDATED LINKS 12/06/2019
Custom Battles Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rbq1tfk2 ... s.zip/file

Custom Battles Installation:
Unzip/extract the TT banners For Vanilla Custom Battles folder to C:\Users\(User's name)\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\Campaigns. Or where ever you installed it. If you know where your Documents folder is you are right on the money.

Campaigns Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/la3y5r8bp ... s.zip/file

Campaigns Installation:

Unzip/extract the TT banners For Vanilla Custom Campaigns folder to C:\Users\(User's name)\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\Campaigns.

Multiplayer Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zjiacqz1 ... s.zip/file

Multiplayer Installation:
Unzip/extract the MP TT banners For Vanilla Custom Battles folder to C:\Users\(User's name)\Documents\My Games\FieldOfGlory2\Multiplayer.

(Anyone that wants feel free to mirror these DLs too many files get lost in these forums)

Some examples of Paul's crazy work!

Carthaginian Banner

Franks Banner

Assyrian Banner

Uratrian Banner

German Banner

Viking Banner (Killer!)

Rus Banner (GORGEOUS!)

List of factions with custom banners

------------------------------------------
Roman
Seleucids etc.
Celts/Germans etc.
Greeks/Hellenistic/Italians etc.
Persian/Median, other Iranians etc.
Indian
Huns and other Nomads
Byzantine
Seleucid
Egypt/Kushite/
Pyrrhic
Macedon
Carthaginian/Libyan/Moorish/Cypriot/Phoenician
Anglo Saxon
Romano British/Breton
Picts
Mannaean/Parthian
Sparta
Numidian
Thracian/Slave Revolt
Babylonian
Assyrian
Lydian
Skythians/Cimmerians
Ptolemaic
Elamite
Armenian/Urartian
Jewish/Hebrew
Pontic/Bosporan
Gallic/Galatian/Ligurian
Ancient British/Caledonian
Dacia/Carpi
Welsh
Scots-Irish
Nabatean/Palmyran
Antigonid
Graeco-Bactrian/Indo-Greek
Etruscan
All other Italian factions
Illyrians
Iberian
Lysimachus
Sarmatians/Alans
Franks/French
Scots
German
Spanish
Navarre
Andalusian/Bedouin Dynasties (Syrian)
Viking
Poland
Muslim Arab white/black (Conquest/Umayyad/Abbasid)
Bulgarian
Khazar
Lombard
Serbian
Norman
Croatian
Visigoth
Georgian/Templar
Rus
Moravian and Slav
Ghaznavid
Fatimid
Avars

"A special credit is due to 'Little Big Men Studios' for many of the new banner designs in this mod. Stephen Hales (of Little Big Men Studios) has given Paul Adaway permission to use these for this user mod only and no company may take these designs for use without his permission or for sale in any way."

Mord.
Last edited by Mord on Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Table Top Banners For Vanilla FoG II

Post by Paul59 »

"A special credit is due to 'Little Big Men Studios' for many of the new banner designs in this mod. Stephen Hales (of Little Big Men Studios) has given Paul Adaway permission to use these for this user mod only and no company may take these designs for use without his permission or for sale in any way."
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Mord

Post by Mord »

Paul59 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:36 pm "A special credit is due to 'Little Big Men Studios' for many of the new banner designs in this mod. Stephen Hales (of Little Big Men Studios) has given Paul Adaway permission to use these for this user mod only and no company may take these designs for use without his permission or for sale in any way."
Yes, I included that in the Text1 file so it shows up in the game description.

Mord.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Mord wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:46 pm
Paul59 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:36 pm "A special credit is due to 'Little Big Men Studios' for many of the new banner designs in this mod. Stephen Hales (of Little Big Men Studios) has given Paul Adaway permission to use these for this user mod only and no company may take these designs for use without his permission or for sale in any way."
Yes, I included that in the Text1 file so it shows up in the game description.

Mord.
I think it needs mentioning here though as well. I prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to legal matters.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Mord

Post by Mord »

Gotchya, I understand. I'll update the main title with that and the other corrections.

Mord.
Adebar
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adebar »

Thank you very much, Mord! Great job!

BTW: Greetings to the fishmen of good old Innsmouth. Fhtagn etc.

IC XC
NI KA
Mord

Post by Mord »

You're welcome. Glad I can start to give back a bit.
BTW. Love your sound mods for P&S and Sengoku.

Mord.

P.S. The Deep Ones said to tell you, Merry Fishmas.
Adebar

Post by Adebar »

Thanks, Mord/Deep Ones! :mrgreen:

ATM I'm quite burned out and done with modding - just playing FOG2 and battling my way through the history of the Eastern Roman/Byzantine Empire. So I'm really happy about mods like this; always glad to see new content.

(BTW, Richard, in case you're reading this, - is there perhaps something new in the pipeline …?)

IC XC
NI KA
Mord

Post by Mord »

Adebar wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:43 pm
ATM I'm quite burned out and done with modding - just playing FOG2 and battling my way through the history of the Eastern Roman/Byzantine Empire. So I'm really happy about mods like this; always glad to see new content.
I get it, man. I released a huge mod for CMSF 2 back last summer that I worked on for about 9 months and it kicked my ass. I hand designed over 3000 infantry/armor portraits for the UI and when it was FINALLY over I was buuuuurned out bad. I tried working on my CMFI mod for a while but just got tired (I'll get back to it eventually).

This is what I mean by hand designed:

Some of the bottom portrait pics I kept, other were redone. They were in an alpha state.

But Archon/Unity Modding is much harder than that!

I've been reading about and dicking with FoG modding since I got the game. Slowly and painfully figuring things out. I've got a few mods lined up for P&S and FoG I that I am getting near to releasing too.

Mord.
Adebar

Post by Adebar »

Sweetness!

I know your work from the other CM2 games. Always great quality!

(But I'm still a reactionary CMBB fanboy. I don't like things that are new. :mrgreen:)

Not so long ago I realized that I`ve spend more time modding certain games than actually playing them. Quite absurd considering the limited lifespan we are given ... :wink:

So I said to myself: Screw it! - But I`m always glad to hear other guys are still enjoying the stuff I did back then; so it wasn`t all in vain.

IC XC
NI KA
Mord

Post by Mord »

Adebar wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pm I know your work from the other CM2 games. Always great quality!
Thank you! I appreciate it. My stuff has come a long way over the last 10 years!
Adebar wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pm(But I'm still a reactionary CMBB fanboy. I don't like things that are new. :mrgreen:)
Ah, a lot of people still love BB. It was BF's Magnum Opus.

I live and breathe CM and now I am that way about FoG II! I feel like I did back in 2000 when I first encountered CMBO.
Adebar wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pmNot so long ago I realized that I`ve spend more time modding certain games than actually playing them. Quite absurd considering the limited lifespan we are given ... :wink:
I've been feeling that way for the last two years. I can't remember the last time I fired up a scenario in CM but I remember the last 500 hours I put into modding. LOL.
Adebar wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pmSo I said to myself: Screw it! - But I`m always glad to hear other guys are still enjoying the stuff I did back then; so it wasn`t all in vain.
Oh, I am definitely enjoying those sound mods. I left you a glowing review in your thread.

Mord.
gbaby
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by gbaby »

The second link for campaigns appears to be no longer valid, site complaining about "something appears to be missing". The first link for custom battles worked just fine for download.
Mord

Post by Mord »

gbaby wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:54 am The second link for campaigns appears to be no longer valid, site complaining about "something appears to be missing". The first link for custom battles worked just fine for download.

Thanks. Should be good now.

Mord.
gbaby

Post by gbaby »

Yep, worked fine, thank you very much.
Mord