Choose specific AI Opponent for New Customized World scenario

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Choose specific AI Opponent for New Customized World scenario

Post by athineos »

I want to create a new customized world scenario and play as Athens against Sparta (AI). I choose the HANDFUL opponent option, and generate the map and then go to the scenario editor (Alt+A). How do I change the AI PLAYER in the editor that has been selected randomly to the SPARTA nation? I cannot figure this out. :(
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: Choose specific AI Opponent for New Customized World scenario

Post by pavelk »

Hello athineos,
there is no way to "change" the nation once it is placed on the map
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

pavelk wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:24 am Hello athineos,
there is no way to "change" the nation once it is placed on the map

Is there any chance in the future, an update maybe or upcoming expansion to add the option to choose what nation you want to play against in the new customized world scenario???
It seems that a lot of players would like to do this instead of getting only random opponents.
I understand, you also have the scenario editor - map builder where you can make your own scenario from scratch, however, that takes more time. :roll:
It would be another extra nice touch and improvement to an already very good game!!!
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

athineos wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:11 pmadd the option to choose what nation you want to play against in the new customized world scenario?
Hello again,
it is an interesting request but I might be missing the actual reason for that. What would be the difference in which players were chosen for random map? I mean there wouldnt be any difference except for different banner, name and the army type that players use.
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

I am still learning about the game as I play, but I thought there are some slight differences among the units etc among various Nations? I haven’t played two Hellenic nations against each other yet, but I would think there should be some difference say playing a greek nation Against a Greek nation vs a barbarian nation (game has 5 factions). All I am saying I guess it would be nice to have more options what faction to play when you set up a new customized world scenario.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

There are differences amont army types indeed and I agree that players should be "placed" on map depending on the terrain around its initial cities. I think that is a very reasonable request. Is this what you are asking for or you still ask for choosing particular factions to be placed on the map? I am happy to think about it but I need to understand the reason behind this:)
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

pavelk wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:24 am There are differences amont army types indeed and I agree that players should be "placed" on map depending on the terrain around its initial cities. I think that is a very reasonable request. Is this what you are asking for or you still ask for choosing particular factions to be placed on the map? I am happy to think about it but I need to understand the reason behind this:)
I am asking having the choice for particular factions to be placed on the Map using the New Customized World Scenario. The reason is more Freedom/Choice for the player to select what nation he would like to include in the Random Map. Maybe I like to play factions that have only Barbarian units; or the player would like to pit Roman faction against Greek faction only on a tiny random map. and so on. Sorry if that seems not to be a good reason from a technical standpoint, but other than that I think your Random Generator and editor are outstanding. I am overall very impressed that you can shift from your newly created random map to your editor by just clicking alt+a. I have not seen that in any other game before.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hello athineos,
I am glad you are enjoying the custom world generator. I finally understand the reason why would you like to have this feature implemented. I am adding this to our "features wishlist" because there can be more players like you, who would enjoy that. On the other hand, there already exists a way how to achieve this when you manually change some files. It might sound a bit tricky but in case you want to try it:
All the players used in the custom world maps are taken from specified scenario. By default it is set to be the campaign scenario but you can change it. That means that you can create a very small scenario in the scenario builder, save it as a new scenario and use this scenario as a "players template" for building custom worlds.
There are two ways how to change which scenario is used to generate custom worlds:
  • It can be defined in file Aggressors.exe.config located in the same folder as the Aggressors.exe. Open that file and change value of key PlayersBoundToCustomizedGameScenario. The value should be a folder name (aka scenario name) located on your PC.
  • You can define default scenario value in your own mod or even rewrite it for the default mode (ancient_rome). To do that, you need to open mod.ag file and set defaultScenario="xxx" in the StateMemento line where xxx is again a folder name (aka scenario name) located on your PC. More details is written here
If you want to try that and experience any issues, please feel free to join our Aggressors discord and chat directly with me.
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

Thanks pavel and keep up the good work!

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”