Nations most played and most interesting

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Fieswurst
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Nations most played and most interesting

Post by Fieswurst »

What are the most played nations?
What do you think is the nation which is most interesting to play?
I only played rome and sparta and am very interested in your opinion which nation i should play next...
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Nations most played and most interesting

Post by loki100 »

its a really hard question as almost every faction offers something. Some are maybe because of where you live/historical links, sometimes its interesting to explore a really different playstyle. I've had hugely enjoyable games with the Picts, Sarmatians, Belgae - all presents a different game to picking say Rome (which is also hugely enjoyable). The secondary powers in Greece and Asia Minor are great too, take some patience and a bit of luck to get off the ground so have had fun with Rhodes, Armenia, Pontus and Athens in this respect.

Carthage forces again a slightly different approach and then the bigger Diadochi all offer an interesting game each with their very different quirks.

And then there are factions like the Samnites where you are on the edge of disaster from T1 ... and these games can sometimes end very early :D
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Post by Parallax »

Antigonid. The more wars you wage the better for you :twisted:
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by eddieballgame »

Judea has been an a fun & challenging nation to play, for me.
Jagger2002
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Jagger2002 »

My favorites are the Ptolomies, Rome and Carthage. And all need different strategies.

My most difficult and challenging nation has been the Seleucids.

Some of the smaller nations have been fun too like the Cheruscii, Britonae and Celtiberi. Again different strategies for the smaller nations vs larger nations.
Dalwin
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Dalwin »

I have had fun (and reached a competitive score) with a number of different nations, including ones you might not consider as viable. Hibernii, Aethiopia and the Goths all did well, but the Skythians ended up in a CDR death spiral that I could not pull out of.
TimDee58
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by TimDee58 »

I have won on Difficult level with the following: Macedonia (3 times), Achaia (2), Epirus(1), Athenae (0/1 - am about to win this game).

I'm not a fan of Barbarians / Nomads and I find being Etruscans too difficult because of the neighbours.

My fave WRG army was the Alans so i may be tempted to give them a try next.
Wulfburk
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Wulfburk »

I think Antigonus is the most fun. You are on the thick of it and you are the most powerful, but it isnt easy at all.

So far i prefer playing hellenic nations. Singleplayer ive only played as Rhodes and Antigonus, and on multiplayer i have had really long plays with Epirus, Pontus, Syracuse, Antigonus. Also am ending one mp playthrough as Aquitane, been great.

Playing around Greece and Anatolia though, is the most interesting, with really cool province units and a lot of factions to interact with. The wars are always with multiple fronts and with a lot of naval action.
Fieswurst

Post by Fieswurst »

Thanks for the suggestions so it will be a Celtic nation or the antigonids next...
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

That's great feedback and it's nice to see you try different nations and they play sufficiently differently. With more time or more modders we could have an even better Empires game... :wink:
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Culthrasa
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Culthrasa »

to pitch in my two dinarii,

I've played a lot of nations, all over the map. My most enjoyable games where with Ethiopia and Belgea. I've been playing for achievements too, so i've played Scythia, Egypt and Rhodos too. All very fun and challenging in their own way. One memorable battle as Scythia was when i was able to kill 3 noble cav from the blue guys (can't remember the nations name)... very good feeling knowing you broke their core army units which he can't rebuild and knowing that victory is eminent now :)
Rome and Macedon did feel quite easy though... :)
Fieswurst

Post by Fieswurst »

I took Belgea its very different from the other 2 i played. I think i overexpanded in the first 15 turns but it is fun to play
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

Have been playing Gothones, recently.
Mainly as a challenge vs a couple of friends.
Quite the...challenge.
I have found patients is key. :)

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”