Re: Edward77's Scenarios

Post by edward77 »

Thanks Bru.
edward77
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by edward77 »

Bru, Trying to post some screenshots from my latest scenario without any success. Could not get picture to appear in preview. What is incorrect for this image?

[img]file:///C:/Users/Edward/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%20(28).png[/img]
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Capture d’écran (910).jpg
Capture d’écran (910).jpg (110.43 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Yet again! Thank you Terminator.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

edward77 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:54 pm Yet again! Thank you Terminator.
Now show us an image of your latest scenario :)
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Terminator, Cannot get images to work. Max of three images even though using jpg, often in reverse order or preview fails to show them or attachment numbers repeat. In the end, just gave up after wasting a lot of time with repeated failures! Scenario is Kyushu 45. Here is the first image.
Attachments
Kyushu Plan.jpg
Kyushu Plan.jpg (46.13 KiB) Viewed 2042 times
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Kyushu 45, middle difficulty
(don't know if it was "V2", downloaded it yesterday.)

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE map with LOTS of units for me to move each turn. But plays quite nice overall. Actually the "hugeness" of the scen wasn't really an issue, the multiple battle zones were well orchestrated. The endless fortresses were super annoying :wink: , the AA quite well placed. Good work. 8) The AI execution was actually quite fast, considering the map size. The playing time was about 5-6h, I think.
I still prefer smaller maps... :wink:

The later turns (12+), after securing the landing zones and defeating all counterattacks, with total air superiority, my tactics changed to kind of "overrun the enemy". But don't get me wrong, there were enough dug-in enemy units on every road going further inland. I liked that very much: Constant action... :mrgreen: Usually with such large maps, after defeating/surviving the inital enemy onslaught, the larger inner areas remain mostly undefended. This is boring for the most time, because just moving my units around with nothing to do is no fun.

Putting the map size aside, this scen actually felt like a stock scen from the early Pacific DLCs. The difficulty/balance seemed about the same, should be okay for casual players as well as playing in higher difficulty settings. I have to admit it was too easy for me at middle difficulty (too many units in each category, too many RP, I could always elite repair...like I said, same as with stock scens... :lol: )

Screenshot 35.jpg
Screenshot 35.jpg (940.27 KiB) Viewed 1998 times

Everything worked as far as I could tell. Even the enemy reinforcements debarked correctly at Sasebo (some other scen designers seem to have trouble achieving this). Suggestions:

- the road-bridge-crossing at "Hitoyoshi" doesn't work like that. Not on river tiles. Also you misplaced the supply location by one hex, I believe.
- maybe you want to remove the objective-hex-linkage to the fuel depots and let the player find them on their own
- I suggest to rework/recheck the "fuel depots" sec. objective triggers, because as it is now, it's being counted twice. Most of the depots were destoyed by my bombers, but the objective popup only came after my ground troops entered the hex. I guess some "check hex ownership" condition? If intended, you should add some info that the depots have to be destroyed by land units only and adjust the triggers accordingly.

Thanks, Edward! :D
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Post by Parallax »

Finished this scenario yesterday. Very large and slow, but very interesting. Especially 30 turns limit looks great. I remember last scenario in Rising Sun campaign, and it has 100 turns :D Managed to fulfill all tasks on 4-th difficulty from the first time. I think it is possible to beat this mission on hardest difficulty for experienced players
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Radzymin44 v2, middle diff, played out of my mod

Super cool, I didn't know you could use skins if you include a \Skins folder into the scenario. 8) :!:

Bruce, Erik, maybe this is a feature you could actually use as it's not requiring any mods. :wink:

Edward, the scen played just fine, very nice Panzer sction - I only forgot that with your scens I should have chosen a higher difficulty setting. :D
And maybe you could either crop the map or use smaller ones in the future as the action mainly happens in the center and most of the southern and nothern parts aren't really needed and just use up too much PC memory <> increased loading times.

Screenshot 37.jpg
Screenshot 37.jpg (957.38 KiB) Viewed 1842 times

EDIT: I've played the scen out of my mod, meaning that the German FW190G are still fighters. I don't know how you intended this, because as of OoB v8.3 those planes are tactical bombers!
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Yes I intended them to be fighters.
I am getting a reputation for making scenarios too easy. I guess it reveals what a poor player I am.
The Radzymin map was taken from a wargame where the action started much further south and relied on substantial German retreats before the final phase. This does not work well in OOB so I moved everyone up but could not face redoing the map. Fortunately It did not slow the game down.
Pleased about the skins working. It is a pity they only work fully for the Germans.
ctskelly
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ctskelly »

I like this scenario too. Good job, Edward77. Nice fun play and I've been to most of the places on the map, since I like in Japan. Sea invasions are always fun, and the Japanese are not a pushover. It is not as challenging as some of Erik's but that's a nice break once in awhile.

The only minor bug I found is that the objective to capture Kagoshima by turn 10 is not Kagoshima (city). It is Kagoshima airport. By the way, the mountain across the bay is a sometimes active volcano. Is there a volcano title in the game design toolbox?
sakurajima-28april18.jpg
sakurajima-28april18.jpg (70.54 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”