Version 1.5.24 Open Beta – Iberia Update

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Version 1.5.24 Open Beta – Iberia Update

Post by Daniele »

Field of Glory: 2 developers have worked hard after the release of Wolves at the Gate in keep balancing and improving the game. Today there is a special gift for you, welcome to the Iberia Open Beta!

This update impacts many elements of the game, adding new units, enhancing the gameplay, improving several army lists, and more.

One of the most striking point is the addition of new units coming from the celebrated TT Mod, notably some Ancient Spanish units (Noble Cavalry, Light Horse, Celtiberian Warband, Caetrati, Lusitanian Heavy Caetrati).

Our grateful thanks go to Paul Adaway, author of TT Mod, for permission to use units from TT mod in the main game, and Stephen Hales of Little Big Men Studios for permission to use his shield pattern designs in TT Mod units.

The Iberia Version can be downloaded in the members area section accessible through the "My Page Area", or here

This update can be downloaded in the Open Beta Steam Branch. Go to your Steam library and locate your Field of Glory: 2 entry. Right-click on it and go to "Properties" and then to "Beta". Select "Open Beta" and Steam will start downloading the Update

Version 1.5.24 Open Beta Changelog

Gameplay:
o If a unit is affected by more than one enemy ZOC, movement options will be now be restricted by all of these, rather than by only one of them as previously.
o Units that evade (from a pursuit charge) in their own turn (before the End Turn button is hit) can now evade again if charged in the enemy turn. Note that this does not apply to evades from pursuit charges that occur in the automated phase after the End Turn button is hit, as that counts as part of the ensuing turn. In the latter case, the unit cannot evade again if charged in the enemy turn.

Units:
o Our grateful thanks go to Paul Adaway, author of TT Mod, for permission to use units from TT mod in the main game, and Stephen Hales of Little Big Men Studios for permission to use his shield pattern designs in TT Mod units. https://www.littlebigmenstudios.com/
o Additional Ancient Spanish units from TT Mod added: Noble Cavalry, Light Horse, Celtiberian Warband, Caetrati, Lusitanian Heavy Caetrati.
o Additional Light Javelin Horse units from TT Mod added: Early Greek, Later Greek (Tarantine), Iranian, Late Roman, Early Thracian, Later Thracian, Lydian.

Army Lists:
o Ancient Spanish list divided into Iberian, Celtiberian and Lusitanian lists, using new units from TT Mod. Sertorian list also updated.
o TT Mod Light Javelin Horse models (see above) replace the previous models in the appropriate army lists.
o Pyrrhic list divided into 280-275 and 274-272 BC lists. Pyrrhic campaign adjusted accordingly.
o Added Greek allies to Antigonid list.

Epic Battles:
o Epic Battle scenarios have been updated to use the new units where appropriate.

UI:
o Close Combat Reports will now always open scrolled to the top.
o Cohesion Test reports (in Close Combat Report and Combat Log) now specify if the reason that a unit “Holds Firm” is that it already dropped cohesion from close combat this turn, and has not scored low enough for a further drop.
o Detailed Unit Information popups (CTRL-L click) will now always scroll to the top when a new unit is selected.
o Rout % will now update immediately when a previously unbroken unit is Dispersed.

Manual:
o Section 12.1.1. Change: “if a unit is in the ZOC of multiple enemy units, the game will decide which one it must move away from – prioritizing primary ZOCers” to “If a unit is in the ZOC of multiple enemy units, its movement is restricted by all of these.”
Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Re: Version 1.5.24 Open Beta – Iberia Update

Post by Mord »

Wow! Consider my mind blown. I was playing a battle this morning and I got to thinking about this very thing, the Lusitani in particular. Very cool.

Mord.
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

How do I install this beta on the steam version? The install procedure asks for the serial number that I don't have because I got the game on steam.
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Right click on FoGII, hit properties, then go to the beta tab
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by MVP7 »

Really nice surprise! The Iberian enhancement addresses one of my few remaining pet peeves about the game. Paul's Iberian units fit well with the vanilla stuff and the additional light horse are great to have as well! Thank you Paul and Stephen!

I haven't noticed any bugs or issues so far.
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:59 pm Right click on FoGII, hit properties, then go to the beta tab
Thanks!
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
TimDee58
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by TimDee58 »

will this beta be ok for continuing an Empires campaign with?
General Shapur

Post by General Shapur »

Geffalrus wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:11 pm
SnuggleBunnies wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:59 pm Right click on FoGII, hit properties, then go to the beta tab
Thanks!
Do you also have to download the file - or does opting in in steam do everything for you?
Previously - Pete AU (SSG)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

General Shapur wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:09 am
Geffalrus wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:11 pm
Thanks!
Do you also have to download the file - or does opting in in steam do everything for you?
It does.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

TimDee58 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:44 am will this beta be ok for continuing an Empires campaign with?
I think it should work, though the program swap might (or might not) need to be done manually. It won't add any new units though, because the translation database has not changed as yet.
Richard Bodley Scott

TimDee58

Post by TimDee58 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:15 am
TimDee58 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:44 am will this beta be ok for continuing an Empires campaign with?
I think it should work, though the program swap might (or might not) need to be done manually. It won't add any new units though, because the translation database has not changed as yet.
Thanks
General Shapur

Post by General Shapur »

seems like my tournament games have disappeared after getting the update.
Previously - Pete AU (SSG)
melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by melm »

General Shapur wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:38 pm seems like my tournament games have disappeared after getting the update.
beta version MP Lobby and released version one are different. You need to use released one to play tournament game.
Meditans ex luce mundi
miki

Post by miki »

Hi!

Custom campagin Celtiberians vs Romans

Second campaingn battle: Second line/Reserve army celtiberian troops are just caetrati units (LI with javelins) almost exclusively (with 2-3 LC units armed with javelins). Not a single line infantry unit. It was this way also in the TT mod. Looks like the celtiberians (and also the lusitanians) need some work in this type of campaign battle.

Best Regards
Saludos
Miki
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

miki wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:01 pm Hi!

Custom campagin Celtiberians vs Romans

Second campaingn battle: Second line/Reserve army celtiberian troops are just caetrati units (LI with javelins) almost exclusively (with 2-3 LC units armed with javelins). Not a single line infantry unit. It was this way also in the TT mod. Looks like the celtiberians (and also the lusitanians) need some work in this type of campaign battle.

Best Regards
Yes, this is a potential problem with armies whose only cheap units are light units. Thanks for drawing it to our attention. It may be that "rear echelon" armies in general are weighted too heavily in favour of the cheaper units. We will think about it.

Something for the next update after this one I think, so that any change can be properly beta tested.
Richard Bodley Scott

miki

Post by miki »

Thank you, Richard.
Saludos
Miki
Red Rooster
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Red Rooster »

Can this beta be played with the GOG version of FoG?
Thanks
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Red Rooster wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:37 am Can this beta be played with the GOG version of FoG?
Thanks
Unfortunately not.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”