Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Scandinavia 1940 5.4

Post by Erik2 »

Scandinavia 1940 5.4
Link updated in first post.

Added purchase option for all factions (were applicable).
WileyKojote
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by WileyKojote »

Hello Erik,

I'm not sure what the issue is, but on the 2v2 market garden I am unable to choose my faction, it simply puts me in first available. This is whether i join one or make one, and another player is having the same issue.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

WileyKojote wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:19 am Hello Erik,

I'm not sure what the issue is, but on the 2v2 market garden I am unable to choose my faction, it simply puts me in first available. This is whether i join one or make one, and another player is having the same issue.
I have this issue too whenever I multiplay (all scenarios I've joined).
Other players have no problem selecting a slot (same scenarios).
So this appears to be a pbem/server/player/user issue.

I posted my issue on the tech support forum a good while back. I recommend you guys do the same.
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=372
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Brenmusik »

Will do, happening to me. Can't join Anzio 1.6, despite playing one, also the same applies to the latest Normandy.
WileyKojote
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WileyKojote »

Erik

The Arnhem scenario - 1v1 and possibly the 2v2 - certain German fighters are labeled as airborne? They cannot attack other air unit formations. They tend to have JG in their name. Is this intended?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

WileyKojote wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:26 pm Erik

The Arnhem scenario - 1v1 and possibly the 2v2 - certain German fighters are labeled as airborne? They cannot attack other air unit formations. They tend to have JG in their name. Is this intended?
I believe the FW190 F and G was changed from fighter to tactical bomber in v8.3 of the game. This is consistent with their historical role (and armament).
You can use the excellent Unit Navigator http://mfendek.byethost16.com/?i=1 to check this.

They still belong to the JG2, JG6, JG26 etc though. This can of course be a bit confusing, but I'd like to keep the historical unit designations.
WileyKojote
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WileyKojote »

Sorry, the those units did do ground support and tact roles, I'm mistaken sir!
Zekedia222
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Zekedia222 »

JG is almost certainly short for the German fighter designation, Jagdgeschwader. As you can imagine, its more practical to shorten it to JG. Just in case you were wondering of the meaning of JG2, JG26, and so on, assuming I am right in my assumption.
Klinger, you're dumber than you look, and THAT boggles the MIND.
- Charles Emerson Winchester III
Erik2

2v1 Gothic Line 1944 2.2

Post by Erik2 »

2v1 Gothic Line 1944 2.2

Royal Navy withdraws after Rimini is captured
10 more turns
Replaced MG nests with proper partisans (easier to brush aside, harder to track down).
The Germans get 10 resources for each partisan unit eliminated.
The Allies must together capture all 9 objectives
The Germans must hold 4 objectives (down from 5)
Erik2

2v1 Sicily 1943 3.0

Post by Erik2 »

2v1 Sicily 1943 3.0

Reduced resource income for all factions. Italian income reduced to 1 RP pr air unit pr turn.
Doubled cost of activating early/extra reinforcements.

All units are now full strength at start.

British naval reinforcements will spawn if Italian large surface ships are spotted. Changed naval sec obj.

“Para support” units like eng and art removed from para formations.

Removed escarpments.

Supply output on a hex will be reduced to 10% when Allies capture the hex. They must rely on their supply ships. If a supply ship is sunk, the player may purchase another ship at the cost of 20 RPs. The ship will spawn 7 hexes from the coast.
The number of supply ships are increased from 10 to 20 for the British and US. Canadian supply ships increased from 5 to 10.
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: 2v1 Sicily 1943 3.0

Post by ColonelY »

Erik2 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:06 pm 2v1 Sicily 1943 3.0
Why? :shock:

Well, I haven't tested that scenario, but basically it surprises me. :?

If they were there... one knows that many airborne elements were brought by gliders instead of real parachutes, but still. :wink:
Erik2

Re: 2v1 Sicily 1943 3.0

Post by Erik2 »

ColonelY wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:52 pm

If they were there... one knows that many airborne elements were brought by gliders instead of real parachutes, but still. :wink:
These units are not really airborne, they are regular land units. You need to debark them at a friendly airfield.
In this particular scenario it meant debarking them very close to their starting positions on a couple of coastal airfields.
So, not very useful. This scenario has plenty of on-map units already.
If the devs add some real para-engineers and -artillery....
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

Erik2 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:16 pm
ColonelY wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:52 pm

These units are not really airborne, they are regular land units. You need to debark them at a friendly airfield.
In this particular scenario it meant debarking them very close to their starting positions on a couple of coastal airfields.
So, not very useful. This scenario has plenty of on-map units already.
If the devs add some real para-engineers and -artillery....
"These units are not really airborne, they are regular land units. You need to debark them at a friendly airfield."

Ah? Okay, all right then. :)

For the Normandy landings, I believe that troops were also transported in gliders... and that to actually land them, it was rather simple, it was directly on the ground, preferably in a fairly clear area (but there were accidents and some navigational problems :? ). If I'm not mistaken, it's said that they "plowed the ground"...

:idea: This last aspect could perhaps simply be represented by spawning these units directly on the ground, possibly together with an event informing the player on what's happening.

This will probably reappear like that, especially for the landing in Provence... :wink:
Brenmusik

Post by Brenmusik »

Sicily 3.
By the end of turn two the US forces have not received any RPs. The French are on track with a princely one per turn! :wink:
Also there is still a problem with the reinforcements message box causing the game to freeze. It was worked around by ignoring it, the British Commander reported. I had to acknowledge the US's message, to move units. Game ran fine, perhaps because there were not the RPs to deploy them?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Brenmusik wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:25 pm Sicily 3.
By the end of turn two the US forces have not received any RPs. The French are on track with a princely one per turn! :wink:
Also there is still a problem with the reinforcements message box causing the game to freeze. It was worked around by ignoring it, the British Commander reported. I had to acknowledge the US's message, to move units. Game ran fine, perhaps because there were not the RPs to deploy them?
Joe, I'll take a look at this after I'm finished testing the Winter War 40.
Bwian
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Bwian »

Erik, I have looked everywhere to be able to make a comment about your scenario, Market Garden. The map is excellently put together and the research into it is to be commended. I did however, find quite a few faults with it whilst playing it and it would have been interesting to read other players comments on the playability of the scenario as well. Playing as the Allies was quite a challenge, especially against the axis who appeared to get fifteen new units each turn, while you get zero. As it is has 40 turns, one can imagine the axis strength at the end of the game. It was impossible to hold either Arnhem or Nijmegen so I tried to out flank the axis troops by sweeping up the West side of the map. My troops all moved alright until I reached the river, the crossing went as normal but then the movement of the troop carriers reduced to one hex at a time. I had clear line of supply from the edge of the map but this did not help at all. With the units you have, there are no recon aircraft so one has to use either your fighter or bomber aircraft to recon. As mentioned, there are no reinforcements and one cannot purchase or upgrade units during the campaign which is a great shame as the scenario has so much potential.
With the supply depots, instead of knocking them out it would have been better to capture them and use the supply yourself. I destroyed all of the supply depots on the western side of the map but that did not stop the axis from repairing their units so they must have had quite a few supply depots on the eastern side of the map? If anyone else has played the Market Garden scenario to the end, I would be interested to read your comments. I did do a search of Market Garden and Arnhem but could not find a thread.
Pernik
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

1v1 Betio Island 1943 v7.1

Post by Pernik »

Hi, it seems there is a similar bug I reported in the past for Guam. My opponent has reached all of the primary objectives and the battle still goes on (see in the attachment). Please for the bug fixing, thanks!
Attachments
1v1 Betio Island 1943 v7.1_bug.jpg
1v1 Betio Island 1943 v7.1_bug.jpg (184.89 KiB) Viewed 1966 times
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Pernik

This is the way the scenario was designed years ago in OOB version 2.6.7 ( :!: ).
The scenario plays out until the last turn.
I will probably change this to end the scenario whenever the Allies have captured all primary objectives.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Bwian wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:32 pm Erik, I have looked everywhere to be able to make a comment about your scenario, Market Garden. The map is excellently put together and the research into it is to be commended. I did however, find quite a few faults with it whilst playing it and it would have been interesting to read other players comments on the playability of the scenario as well. Playing as the Allies was quite a challenge, especially against the axis who appeared to get fifteen new units each turn, while you get zero. As it is has 40 turns, one can imagine the axis strength at the end of the game. It was impossible to hold either Arnhem or Nijmegen so I tried to out flank the axis troops by sweeping up the West side of the map. My troops all moved alright until I reached the river, the crossing went as normal but then the movement of the troop carriers reduced to one hex at a time. I had clear line of supply from the edge of the map but this did not help at all. With the units you have, there are no recon aircraft so one has to use either your fighter or bomber aircraft to recon. As mentioned, there are no reinforcements and one cannot purchase or upgrade units during the campaign which is a great shame as the scenario has so much potential.
With the supply depots, instead of knocking them out it would have been better to capture them and use the supply yourself. I destroyed all of the supply depots on the western side of the map but that did not stop the axis from repairing their units so they must have had quite a few supply depots on the eastern side of the map? If anyone else has played the Market Garden scenario to the end, I would be interested to read your comments. I did do a search of Market Garden and Arnhem but could not find a thread.
i'm still waiting for a single player version, and live in hope one day it will be done, but may now just play with myself with the 2 player version while i wait :roll: :wink:

i've not played the one that's in Order of Battle Endsieg as of yet, so that may do tbh, but i'm sure your's will / would be better lol
Bwian

Post by Bwian »

The Market Garden scenario in Endsieg is quite good but not as in depth as Erik's scenario. In Endsieg, it is quite easy to command the battlefield and take control of the towns.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”