Question on System Specs?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Question on System Specs?

Post by LandMarine47 »

I just pre-ordered the game, but I am running on a pretty old PC. I can run PzC and OOB relatively well with occasional problems. Will PzC 2 have similar specs?
matthew2582
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Question on System Specs?

Post by matthew2582 »

MINIMUM:
OS: 64-bit Windows 8/10 (the game runs on Windows 7 but no support will be provided)
Processor: Intel or AMD, Dual Core or better (Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia or AMD, 2GB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 9 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound device
RECOMMENDED:
OS: 64-bit Windows 8/10 (the game runs on Windows 7 but no support will be provided)
Processor: Intel or AMD, Dual Core or better (Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia or AMD, 4GB of VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 9 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound device
Regards
Matthew
koopanique
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by koopanique »

Graphics: nVidia or AMD, 2GB VRAM
That should do the trick for most people, I think. But 8g memory at the *minimum* is starting to be harder. 8g memory is, I would say, slightly above average for people not used to play very demanding games.
lloydster4
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by lloydster4 »

koopanique wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:31 pm That should do the trick for most people, I think. But 8g memory at the *minimum* is starting to be harder. 8g memory is, I would say, slightly above average for people not used to play very demanding games.
You can buy 8 gigs of DDR3 RAM for $30-$40 and it's very easy to install even if you have no experience at all.

RAM is the cheapest upgrade you can make to a computer. There's no benefit to having too much, but not having enough is catastrophic.
koopanique

Post by koopanique »

You can buy 8 gigs of DDR3 RAM for $30-$40 and it's very easy to install even if you have no experience at all.
That's what I would do... but I'm on a laptop. Anyway, I'll find a way to play PzC2!
lloydster4

Post by lloydster4 »

koopanique wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:37 pm That's what I would do... but I'm on a laptop. Anyway, I'll find a way to play PzC2!
That makes the install a bit harder, but nothing that you couldn't figure out with the help of Dr. Google

...Unless it's an Apple. Then you're screwed.
koopanique

Post by koopanique »

lloydster4 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:08 pm ...Unless it's an Apple. Then you're screwed.
Screwed, that's the word :) Nah I'm on a regular PC, but I don't want to go through the hassle of opening it and tinker with the components. I'll just find a way for sure
gerbercage
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by gerbercage »

I test on my pc which is AMD Phenom II X4 955, 4GB Ram, GTX 650 1GB VRam. Windows 7, no SSD.
For those tutorials and first campaign, which is small map and a few units, it runs very well even all graphic setting to the best/top.
I check taskmgr it show about 2.0++GB ram used for the game.

Then I try the Italy Campaign 1943, which have to defend it from allied, that one big map with a lot of units, it take quite long to load the mission. I think more than 5 minutes, then in game it show red text at top left side "texture streaming pool over budget 100.00 Mib" I think it related to video memory which I got 1GB only so I reduce all to the lowest. After reduce all to lowest, it still show that text but now is 1.0Mib only rather than 100Mib.

This is what I tried so far.
Hope that can give you idea on it.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”