Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Post Reply
IntelPlus
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by IntelPlus » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Hello. Many years ago I was inspired by Jrouch's PG1 project, which let us play a huge Europe map 1939 scenario.

Now we got Panzer Corps 2 released.. and this game brings awesome graphics and animations.
I would like to form a group of mod developers, who have experience on working with big maps and I am ready to support the project of creating 500x500 hexes+ European Map for Panzer Corps 2.

Please add me on discord, if you are insterested in this project and have experience in PG1 / PzC modding:
ZERGRUSH#7651

nexusno2000
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1167
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by nexusno2000 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:34 pm

IntelPlus wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:15 pm
Hello. Many years ago I was inspired by Jrouch's PG1 project, which let us play a huge Europe map 1939 scenario.

Now we got Panzer Corps 2 released.. and this game brings awesome graphics and animations.
I would like to form a group of mod developers, who have experience on working with big maps and I am ready to support the project of creating 500x500 hexes+ European Map for Panzer Corps 2.

Please add me on discord, if you are insterested in this project and have experience in PG1 / PzC modding:
ZERGRUSH#7651
Make it to the same scale as the Fall Weiss scenario! :D
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

dalfrede
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by dalfrede » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:16 pm

nexusno2000 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:34 pm
Make it to the same scale as the Fall Weiss scenario! :D
Of course it would probably crash most computers. :mrgreen:
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

TJLionheart
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by TJLionheart » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:36 pm

500 x 500 is really, really big: 250,000 hexes.

Retributarr
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 428
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by Retributarr » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:49 pm

TJLionheart wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:36 pm
500 x 500 is really, really big: 250,000 hexes.
Thank's "TJLionheart" for the perspective 'heads-up"!. Now that I have a more cognizant clarity on how really huge that the Map would be... it then brings into question... Game-Play 'Functionality'... if the size of the Map could be Game-Disruptive!.

So that... the Game doesn't slow down to an absolute intolerable 'Crawl'... could not a Map of that size perhaps be divided into 4-equal sections... where-by the player could then transition from one map to the other somehow?... so that the Game would then run at an acceptable regular pace without the hindering slowdowns and movement/also processor lag?.

nexusno2000
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Posts: 1167
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by nexusno2000 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:53 pm

dalfrede wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:16 pm
nexusno2000 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:34 pm
Make it to the same scale as the Fall Weiss scenario! :D
Of course it would probably crash most computers. :mrgreen:
I now want to try and see how big I can make a map and still run it... :mrgreen:
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1396
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by Akkula » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 pm

So far the game do not support big scenarios. Even a 150x150 would crash, I tried it and the devs confirmed the game is not ready to handle huge maps. But for sure in the future it would optimized and improved.
So patience my friends :D
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

Spiffing Brit
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:29 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by Spiffing Brit » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:56 am

IntelPlus wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:15 pm
Hello. Many years ago I was inspired by Jrouch's PG1 project, which let us play a huge Europe map 1939 scenario.

Now we got Panzer Corps 2 released.. and this game brings awesome graphics and animations.
I would like to form a group of mod developers, who have experience on working with big maps and I am ready to support the project of creating 500x500 hexes+ European Map for Panzer Corps 2.

Please add me on discord, if you are insterested in this project and have experience in PG1 / PzC modding:
ZERGRUSH#7651
Make sure to contact McGuba, Battlefield: Europe is his baby and it is a masterpiece.
Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas. - Erwin Rommel

(Not the Youtuber)

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer
Posts: 6189
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 am

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by Kerensky » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:25 am

Akkula wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 pm
So far the game do not support big scenarios. Even a 150x150 would crash, I tried it and the devs confirmed the game is not ready to handle huge maps. But for sure in the future it would optimized and improved.
So patience my friends :D
20x20 is small.
30x30 is average/medium
50x50 is large/big.

150x150 is extra huge.
500x500 is... obviously not intended for this game/engine.

So good luck with that I guess.

I guess I've always been of the mindset that dozens of linked scenarios you can consume slowly and piecemeal is far more enjoyable than a one ultra gargantuan bloated giant.

MickMannock
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:09 am

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by MickMannock » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:44 am

Kerensky wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:25 am
I guess I've always been of the mindset that dozens of linked scenarios you can consume slowly and piecemeal is far more enjoyable than a one ultra gargantuan bloated giant.
I tend to agree with that. Super large maps, whatever strategy game we're talking about, tend to just get bogged down. The fun goes away.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer
Posts: 6189
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 am

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by Kerensky » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:58 am

MickMannock wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:44 am
I tend to agree with that. Super large maps, whatever strategy game we're talking about, tend to just get bogged down. The fun goes away.
I can see how some people like such Grand Strategy, Paradox is a prime publisher of such games. But it's just not for me. As you say, it really bogs down.

Akkula
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Posts: 1396
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 am

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by Akkula » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:38 am

Kerensky wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:25 am
Akkula wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 pm
So far the game do not support big scenarios. Even a 150x150 would crash, I tried it and the devs confirmed the game is not ready to handle huge maps. But for sure in the future it would optimized and improved.
So patience my friends :D
20x20 is small.
30x30 is average/medium
50x50 is large/big.

150x150 is extra huge.
500x500 is... obviously not intended for this game/engine.

So good luck with that I guess.

I guess I've always been of the mindset that dozens of linked scenarios you can consume slowly and piecemeal is far more enjoyable than a one ultra gargantuan bloated giant.
500x500 is not realistic, I agree. But 150x150 is quite reasonable for a "big scenario"" (Battefield Europe and Soviet Storm have bigger ones).
And I never said that big scenarios are THE way to go, I like both styles: long campaigns with regular scenarios and grand strategy challenges.

Regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.1): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062

stevemat
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2: Europe Map

Post by stevemat » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:25 pm

MickMannock wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:44 am
Kerensky wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:25 am
I guess I've always been of the mindset that dozens of linked scenarios you can consume slowly and piecemeal is far more enjoyable than a one ultra gargantuan bloated giant.
I tend to agree with that. Super large maps, whatever strategy game we're talking about, tend to just get bogged down. The fun goes away.
How man hexes did that old Gary Grisby War in the East game have? It was quite fun!

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”