Great game but the editor dissapoints me a lot ...

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

o_t_d_x
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Great game but the editor dissapoints me a lot ...

Post by o_t_d_x » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:48 pm

1. The graphics are awesome, for the genre at least. The problem: many people dont zoom in, so they miss a lot of your great work. I put mouse zoom to 100% and zoom in manually, to see the fights in detail. Why dont you create an option, for an automatic zoom, when a battle happens ? I know that simultanous commands aren´t possible then, but i dont need that. And people who do, must not activate it. If people only play with nearly no zoom i can understand, why they say that graphics didnt improve much.

2. I am a passionate PC 1 modder, i made a very big campaign, its still not finished, because i wanted to bring it to the new engine. The problem i cant program lua and i dont want to program at all (i tried teaching myself to programm in C++ , when i learned modding with the unreal engine, and failed - dont want that "thing" again with lua). The old editor had zones and scripts without programming. In the current state the editor is worthless for me. I understand that you want to sell dlcs. Maybe you did that to prevent guys from releasing mods too soon, that might interfere with your business plans. Thats ok, but please put the old options in the editor after you have finished all dlcs at least. Otherwise i have to return to the old PC because i have developed a unit placing system that makes every new game challenging. Because without that system, only the first try on a map is a wargame, where scouting matters. After that its more or less boring optimization, of things already known. This system is a great step forward for the whole genre and its so easily done, with the old editor. Developers like you could put it in ALL of your games, making them much more challenging. And dont fear, that people have so much fun with it, that they wont buy dlcs. This system cant replace the feeling of a new campaign, new graphics etc. And even if a mod would be so good that people dont need dlcs anymore, just give the dlcs to the modder for free and they will integrate it in their mods. So everybody who wants the mod, has to buy ALL dlcs. Would be good for all sides.

3. What a brilliant idea to give weaker versions of for example arty, different capabilities. Never thought that i would deny the 21 cm artillery for the little ones because they provide fire support ag. tanks and infantry.

4. Same for general traits, great idea. I started my fst. campaign, at fieldmarshal and had my first defeat at ... of course moscow. Maybe green army was not so smart, my pioneers suck so much against the soviet guards. Although i managed to destroy the soviet counter offensive and captured large parts of moscow. In reality german high command would have been happy with such an outcome. In PC2 its only game over. Man, the russians have no more reserves, i have still a good army, with tousands of prestige (supply) and its a loss just because of not occupying a district of moscow that is held by troops that i could have easily destroyed with only one more day ? I am tempted to deactivate time limit but on the other hand i fear that its to easy that way. So the fst. thing i would change with an editor are multiple victory conditions and multiple loss conditions.
And another thing that i dont like, you used absolute triggers. So the counter offensive is always at the same time, which humans exploit easily . In the old editor you could enter a random chance, that the counteroffensive starts a turn earlier, or maybe later. It would be even better if the drop point for the whole counter offensive could be at least a little bit random. It should always start from the east of course but it could hit the player in the middle and southern parts of the map too. But with lua that will never happen. :( Remember: everything thats predictable is boring. I had so much fun, one hour ago, beating back the soviet counter offensive ag. voronesh in fall blau. But now i know that it happens, i know the trigger, so it will be boring and easy to prevent that counteroffensive. Same in moscow, the second try was a nightmare for the russian heavy tanks. I just say sturer emil. :mrgreen:

Wow, a lot of text for my fst impressions. Although the editor is a nightmare for me, the game itself, especially the graphics, are so good, you made a dream come true. Thank you and keep up the good work.

o_t_d_x
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Great game but the editor dissapoints me a lot ...

Post by o_t_d_x » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:01 pm

5. Great, that you created the "swap units" function of civilization V, for pc2. When i had to defend voronesh with only a pioneer, a scout 2c tank, 2 artys (only one of them gave firesupport ag. tanks) and an 88 gun, this saved me.

jeffoot77
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by jeffoot77 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:46 pm

hello,

"the little ones because they provide fire support ag. tanks and infantry."

--> artillery doesns't support tanks. Which one support tanks?
my custom single player mini-campaign in order of battle : normandie-niemen: Image
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

dalfrede
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by dalfrede » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:01 pm

jeffoot77 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:46 pm
--> artillery doesn't support tanks. Which one support tanks?
Light Arty supports against soft attackers [ArtySupport],
Heavy Arty supports against hard attackers [ATsupport].
150mm has both.

Both support tanks, just not against tanks.
And ATsupport does not support AT.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”