Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Kerensky »

Gwaylare wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:55 pm Thanks for quick response Kerensky. So actually I was not aware, that taking no damage is a requirement for overrun. It is written in manual, but I did forget about that and it was the first time I took damage while finishing an almost dead unit.

Nothing to do with RNG, was just misinformation on my side.

Yes just started this szenario and struggeling with it ;-)

Best regards
Gwaylare
Except it was RNG that changed the outcome, dice rolls moved initiative and damage to make an overrun not an overrun. :P

But at least you understand why it happened now, and will undoubtably plan for this contingency now that you're aware of it. :D

And yes, that scenario is not designed to be fair. It's more rogue-like than anything. It's hard, you're probably going to lose, but the next time you play... it's not going to be a repeat experience. Depot rewards and Berlin attack waves will all shuffle. That's what I'd define as positive RNG. :mrgreen:
jchastain
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by jchastain »

When you go to the Unit Info panel, it returns to the "tab" last visited (as it should).

When in Deployment Phase of a single player game, if you were last in the Heroes "tab" and closed the Unit Info window, when you hit "i" and return to the Unit Info window, you will be in the Heroes "tab" but you cannot select "Assign Hero". It is greyed out and the mouse over reads "Not Your Turn." If you select a different tab and then return to heroes, it corrects itself and is then accessible.
MickMannock
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by MickMannock »

In the Kursk scenario of the campaign I couldn't assign my newly acquired. I got a message saying it wasn't my turn yet.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

jchastain wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:49 pm When you go to the Unit Info panel, it returns to the "tab" last visited (as it should).

When in Deployment Phase of a single player game, if you were last in the Heroes "tab" and closed the Unit Info window, when you hit "i" and return to the Unit Info window, you will be in the Heroes "tab" but you cannot select "Assign Hero". It is greyed out and the mouse over reads "Not Your Turn." If you select a different tab and then return to heroes, it corrects itself and is then accessible.
Confirmed and fixed.
MickMannock wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:22 pm In the Kursk scenario of the campaign I couldn't assign my newly acquired. I got a message saying it wasn't my turn yet.
See above. To workaround it, you can switch to a different tab and return to heroes tab, it should fix itself.
SSLConf_pewp3w
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

I guess, this is not a bug:

But to me it seems like my tank should not be encircled, since I have perimeter control. So far it has worked all the time, I guess it has to do with the bridge?
panzeh
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by panzeh »

pewp3w wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:59 pm I guess, this is not a bug:

But to me it seems like my tank should not be encircled, since I have perimeter control. So far it has worked all the time, I guess it has to do with the bridge?
Yeah, because of the direction of the bridge, the river hex is impassable to the tank from the current hex.
voody
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by voody »

I think I am experiencing a new bug with hero assignment which possibly came with the patch (pretty sure it worked before). In the deployment phase, when I go to a unit's hero submenu and click "assign hero", the list pops up and I can assign a hero just as usual. So far so good. But if I go there, click "assign hero", DON'T assign a hero, leave and then go back again to try to assign a hero, the button "assign hero" is greyed out and a mouse over says "Not your turn." I then have to shut down the game and the same problem occurs if I repeat the procedure above.

Aynone else having this issue?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

voody wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:07 am I think I am experiencing a new bug with hero assignment which possibly came with the patch (pretty sure it worked before). In the deployment phase, when I go to a unit's hero submenu and click "assign hero", the list pops up and I can assign a hero just as usual. So far so good. But if I go there, click "assign hero", DON'T assign a hero, leave and then go back again to try to assign a hero, the button "assign hero" is greyed out and a mouse over says "Not your turn." I then have to shut down the game and the same problem occurs if I repeat the procedure above.
Yes, I can confirm that this bug exists (fixed already in my local version). But you don't need to restart the game, just switch Unit Details to a different tab and back to "heroes", and the button should be enabled.
SSLConf_pewp3w
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

panzeh wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:18 pm
pewp3w wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:59 pm I guess, this is not a bug:

Yeah, because of the direction of the bridge, the river hex is impassable to the tank from the current hex.
But I went there via the bridge?
voody

Post by voody »

Rudankort wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:31 am
voody wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:07 am I think I am experiencing a new bug with hero assignment which possibly came with the patch (pretty sure it worked before). In the deployment phase, when I go to a unit's hero submenu and click "assign hero", the list pops up and I can assign a hero just as usual. So far so good. But if I go there, click "assign hero", DON'T assign a hero, leave and then go back again to try to assign a hero, the button "assign hero" is greyed out and a mouse over says "Not your turn." I then have to shut down the game and the same problem occurs if I repeat the procedure above.
Yes, I can confirm that this bug exists (fixed already in my local version). But you don't need to restart the game, just switch Unit Details to a different tab and back to "heroes", and the button should be enabled.
Okay, going to try that next time it happens. Thanks 8)
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

First of all, I would like to applaud the developers, this is excellent work! I play Panzer General since V1 (under DOS), hence my appreciation!
Now to my problem: I have the Field Marshal edition and after the update to V 1.06 all additional camouflages are gone. The units themselves have kept their camouflages, but the templates for this in the settings are gone. How can I restore them? Thank you for your help...
Attachments
camo.jpg
camo.jpg (287.85 KiB) Viewed 2951 times
Mors certa, Hora incerta.
comradep
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by comradep »

-Paratroopers can parachute during rain turns, their transports are locked in place like other aircraft.

-Destroyers in Norway South (and possibly destroyers in general) only seem to be able to bombard Port hexes and not adjacent ground hexes of other types, at least not Clear, Town or Fortification hexes. Example: they can't bombard Stavanger, but can bombard Bergen (a port).

-Norwegian Patrol Boats fire in support of Norwegian ground units when my unit is not adjacent to the Patrol Boat. The Norwegian unit which I'm attacking is adjacent to the Patrol Boat. The manual states destroyer-type units should only fire in support if the enemy unit is adjacent to the destroyer-type unit (and possibly the friendly unit is as well, that isn't entirely clear).
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

I know it's a common issue, but I'm having trouble running this game. I have it at minimal settings, and can mostly play OK. But if I try to load two campaigns that I know of, Barbarossa Center and Kursk, it goes to the LOADING screen and then completely locks up my computer forever. I have to manually restart.
Gwaylare
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Gwaylare »

Here is a bug within the combat prediction:

I try to kill a strength 1 unit which was totally surpressed. The result was a unit with strength 1 without surpression.
In the combat results there is a -1 as a prediction. I saw this for surpression only so far.

By the way I like the decimal prediction without rounded values. That is great, please show them in the short prediction with one decimal place.
Attachments
NegativCombatResult.jpg
NegativCombatResult.jpg (201.76 KiB) Viewed 2892 times
Cortilein
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Cortilein »

Devs might want to take a look at some typos/issues in the Units.csv file:

(1) There are two versions of a switchable Soviet self-propelled Arty/AT: SU-76 and SU-76M. The switch triggers of the "M" variant at the end of the code lines point to the base model without the "M". This should be changed.

(2) The Bulgarian version of the Bf 109E reads "HUBf 109E" instead of "HUBf109E" at the very start of the code line. I guess the empty space in the string definition should be deleted here. There are also some double spaces in the name strings of several German Sd.Kfz. (7/2, 251/1, 250/1).

(3) The Italian-only version of the "Fiat-Ansaldo L3/33" reads "NSLOCTEXT('units','BGL3-33','L3/33')" for its short name, just like the Bulgarian version. I guess the "BG" in the name string of the Italian version of this unit should be deleted.

(4) NOT a bug: The "R" variant of the Ju 87 Stuka tactical bomber actually was an extended-range version, yet in PzC 2 it simply has slightly improved stats compared to the "B" version and identical range.

(5) NOT a bug: The Sd.Kfz. 222 four-wheeled armoured recon car was capable (and, in fact, specifically designed) for AA defensive fire with its turret MG/cannon. You might want to consider to make this unit switchable for some weak AA capabilities (with stats similar to the Soviet "GAZ-AA MG" anti-aircraft truck).
Lokesz
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Prototype overstrength

Post by Lokesz »

When I want to overstrength a prototype, it only calculates the amount of reserves. The amount of the existing unit is not included.

Example: If have a 9 strength unit and 8 reserves. Want to overstrength to 15. When I click upgrade I got a 8 strength unit and cashback for 1 disappeared unit. Then I can 'elite replace' for 7 units. In the end there is no money lost but it is a bit queer.
econ21
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by econ21 »

Not sure if it is a bug, but when I turn the music volume slider to its lowest level, I can still hear music. Very faint, but audible. Any way to mute completely?
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

Cortilein wrote: (1) There are two versions of a switchable Soviet self-propelled Arty/AT: SU-76 and SU-76M. The switch triggers of the "M" variant at the end of the code lines point to the base model without the "M". This should be changed.
Fixed.
Cortilein wrote: (2) The Bulgarian version of the Bf 109E reads "HUBf 109E" instead of "HUBf109E" at the very start of the code line. I guess the empty space in the string definition should be deleted here. There are also some double spaces in the name strings of several German Sd.Kfz. (7/2, 251/1, 250/1).
You mean Hungarian? It is a mistake but unit IDs are better left as they are. Other cases in a long name fixed.
Cortilein wrote: (3) The Italian-only version of the "Fiat-Ansaldo L3/33" reads "NSLOCTEXT('units','BGL3-33','L3/33')" for its short name, just like the Bulgarian version. I guess the "BG" in the name string of the Italian version of this unit should be deleted.
Can't see it anymore so it was probably fixed in the meantime.
Cortilein wrote: (4) NOT a bug: The "R" variant of the Ju 87 Stuka tactical bomber actually was an extended-range version, yet in PzC 2 it simply has slightly improved stats compared to the "B" version and identical range.
Ju87B has movement of 11 while Ju87R has movement of 12. This is equivalent to range increase.
Cortilein wrote: (5) NOT a bug: The Sd.Kfz. 222 four-wheeled armoured recon car was capable (and, in fact, specifically designed) for AA defensive fire with its turret MG/cannon. You might want to consider to make this unit switchable for some weak AA capabilities (with stats similar to the Soviet "GAZ-AA MG" anti-aircraft truck).
We used to have AA values if unit was attacked by a plane but decided to remove it because people find it annoying in PzC1. Unit was capable of AA fire but stil I don't think it deserves switcher status because of it. It is a recon not AD platform.

Thx for reports.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

I have the Field Marshal edition and there is no way to return to the default design after choosing a camo design for the infantry. A "Standard" button is missing, as is the case with the tanks.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Magic1111 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:33 pm I have the Field Marshal edition and there is no way to return to the default design after choosing a camo design for the infantry. A "Standard" button is missing, as is the case with the tanks.
This is a known although the default texture should be present in the list, just not highlighted. Infantry have to use a different texturing system to vehicles and that system doesnot cater for Default representation in the camo panel.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”