How about new DLCS?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
woos1981
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

How about new DLCS?

Post by woos1981 »

It has been nearly a year since the last DLC was released. Is there any new information about the follow-up DLC?Is it In developping? Thank you very much!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: How about new DLCS?

Post by rbodleyscott »

Development work is proceeding well.
Richard Bodley Scott

woos1981

Post by woos1981 »

Good to hear that!Please keep up the good works! Thank you!
stormbringer3
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by stormbringer3 »

With all the DLCs available is there any possibility for a bundle so you don't have to do a separate purchase and download for each?
Thanks
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

stormbringer3 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:25 pm With all the DLCs available is there any possibility for a bundle so you don't have to do a separate purchase and download for each?
Thanks
There is already such a bundle on STEAM. It makes a bundle of whichever items you have not already purchased.
Richard Bodley Scott

stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I'm one of the ones who won't use STEAM. I only use Matrix/Slitherine.
Last edited by stormbringer3 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

stormbringer3 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 pm Thanks for the quick reply. However, I'm one of the ones who won't use steam. I only use Matrix/Slitherine.
I have enquired whether such a bundle could be done on the Slitherine store. The question is whether the store software is capable of bundling just the items you don't already own.
Richard Bodley Scott

stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

I bought the latest Strategic Command games as a three game bundle from the Matrix store but I didn't own any of them at the time. A premade bundle would be good for a person who just got into your game and wanted to add all the DLCs with one purchase .
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

stormbringer3 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:07 pm I bought the latest Strategic Command games as a three game bundle from the Matrix store but I didn't own any of them at the time. A premade bundle would be good for a person who just got into your game and wanted to add all the DLCs with one purchase .
There is a premade bundle for FOG2 on the Slitherine store, but it is as the bottom of the page.

https://www.slitherine.com/game/field-of-glory-ii
Richard Bodley Scott

Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:48 am Development work is proceeding well.
Yes, we've been hearing that for a while now but we are 45 days shy of a year since Wolves. It's starting to feel like Slitherine doesn't give a s*** about FoG II. If it wasn't for you working with Paul to add in the content from the TT Mod we wouldn't have had much in the way of newness outside of rules tweaks and bug fixes over this time span. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all of your efforts and dedication and this is no way a criticism of you or your work. But It's like Field of Glory is the red headed stepchild of this site, and you are the dad keeping it going while the rich step mother gives her affection to every other kid but yours.

LOL. Yeah, I am irritated, ten and a half months and we still don't even know what time frame the dlc will be in.

Mord.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Mord wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:54 am
rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:48 am Development work is proceeding well.
Yes, we've been hearing that for a while now but we are 45 days shy of a year since Wolves. It's starting to feel like Slitherine doesn't give a s*** about FoG II. If it wasn't for you working with Paul to add in the content from the TT Mod we wouldn't have had much in the way of newness outside of rules tweaks and bug fixes over this time span. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all of your efforts and dedication and this is no way a criticism of you or your work. But It's like Field of Glory is the red headed stepchild of this site, and you are the dad keeping it going while the rich step mother gives her affection to every other kid but yours.

LOL. Yeah, I am irritated, ten and a half months and we still don't even know what time frame the dlc will be in.

Mord.
You have entirely the wrong impression. Slitherine is fully on board with the "next big thing" in FOG2. But it is a big thing, and hence takes time to develop.
Richard Bodley Scott

Mord
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:25 am You have entirely the wrong impression. Slitherine is fully on board with the "next big thing" in FOG2. But it is a big thing, and hence takes time to develop.
Good. I want to be wrong.

And by "big thing" I hope it's even bigger than Wolves was, after all this time.

I am a fairly patient dude but when I love a game this much I start to lose it around the 10 month mark.

Mord.
Bladeheart
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bladeheart »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:25 am You have entirely the wrong impression. Slitherine is fully on board with the "next big thing" in FOG2. But it is a big thing, and hence takes time to develop.
For some reason I find myself wondering about FOG2 and 'Empires'.
Perhaps, this next big thing involves more than one Developer and, whilst Byzantine Games are on schedule, other developer{s} are missing their deadlines. If so then maybe Slitherine as the publisher should consider releasing the Byzantine aspects as DLC{s} whilst waiting for the other developer{s} to get their act in order.
toska
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by toska »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:25 am
You have entirely the wrong impression. Slitherine is fully on board with the "next big thing" in FOG2. But it is a big thing, and hence takes time to develop.
that's what i needed to hear. Personally, I hope it will be a great DLC of the entire Middle Ages.
Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Hoplite1963 »

I want the middle ages as well but personally I am hoping for a move in the other direction perhaps all in one go, i.e. a large “Swifter Than Eagles” DLC lining things up for a “Chariots of War” DLC for Field Of Glory Empires.

Bring on the Hittites, Mitanni, Mycenaeans and Trojans, after all we now have the Trojan war tied down to the 11190’sBC.
matlegob
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by matlegob »

To me I like to find differents thing

- a new version of senguku jidai
- middle ages with siege scenario
- a simple campaign map system
Latro

Post by Latro »

Hoplite1963 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:04 pm after all we now have the Trojan war tied down to the 11190’sBC.
Have we?
On what basis? If I may ask.
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

The timeline leading to this was presented by the Historian Michael Wood at his lecture on Tory at the British Museum associated with their Trojan War exhalation on the 6th of December this dating has also been brought into by the Australian Hittite expert Trevor Bryce.
TimDee58
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by TimDee58 »

1180's the date above includes an error
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Indeed it does it should read 1190's BC sorry about that.

Return to “Field of Glory II”