Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Lifever »

Units with ability AT support don't share their ability equally.

Specifically they don't shoot at attacking hard targets to support AT and AA in AT mode.

I suppose this is on purpose so AT guns can't support each other to create a triangle of doom for any hard target.
So it makes sense that is does not work here.

But on a piece of arty - it makes little sense to me
Especially because in certain constellations it is a lot smarter to leave AA in AA mode, backing it up with AT.
Smaller AA is a lot more dangerous against INF.. and gets the critical AT-Support while still protecting the airspace.

So a triangle of AA in AA mode on the front, backed by 15cm (soft & hard support) + AT can be a lot tougher than the same AA in AT mode.
That makes little sense to me... even if we screw realism and such.

Imo the big guns should still grant AT-support to AT
OR
It should say they don't in the description of the ability (i.e "doesn't work on friendly AT equip")
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

se1000 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:37 am there´s some missing german translation in the Gazala Scenario
In Moscow Scenario too!
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

SineMora wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:49 pm That killing more enemies can actually result in taking more damage because supression decreases is a questionable mechanic TBH. If this is working as intended then I can understand some of the frustration with supression, because improving the accuracy of my Pioniere should not lead to their taking more damage.
This is not how it is intended to work. Dealing more damage is always more beneficial. Your example is very intriguing actually. I've tried to recreate it in the Editor, but I get -1/-5 prediction for both cases. No idea why you get 0/-5 and -1/-6. Do you still have a save handy?
SineMora
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by SineMora »

Rudankort wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:01 pmThis is not how it is intended to work. Dealing more damage is always more beneficial. Your example is very intriguing actually. I've tried to recreate it in the Editor, but I get -1/-5 prediction for both cases. No idea why you get 0/-5 and -1/-6. Do you still have a save handy?
I have an end of turn autosave from the turn before; should I mail it or try to upload it as an attachment? The RNG is set to 25% for the campaign if it matters.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

SineMora wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:27 pm I have an end of turn autosave from the turn before; should I mail it or try to upload it as an attachment? The RNG is set to 25% for the campaign if it matters.
Whatever way is more convenient. Attach it here or send to rudankort@yandex.ru. Thanks in advance!
SineMora

Post by SineMora »

Rudankort wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:30 pm Whatever way is more convenient. Attach it here or send to rudankort@yandex.ru. Thanks in advance!
All right. I was able to recreate it using the save after a bit of trial and error.

Edit: I'm also using Deep Recon, so the accuracy bonus is larger than it'd normally be.
Last edited by SineMora on Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
SineMora

Post by SineMora »

The cumulative penalties that encircled units suffer are reset if the encirclement is broken at any time during your turn, even if you re-establish it later. As supression isn't reset this way I assume this is a bug.
comradep
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by comradep »

Good find.

As far as I know, suppression can only ever increase during a side's phase (aside from it decreasing through combat, but that seems to be a bug). It will only decrease at the start of the next phase for that side.
tim1357
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by tim1357 »

The Kursk mission won't end. I've captured all the required hexes before the turn limit but the mission still will not end. Anyone else have this issue?
ForestRed
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by ForestRed »

ForestRed wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:34 am
ShiftZ wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:49 pm
ForestRed wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:13 pm Hi. It's a multiplayer game on the Tobruk map. Sometimes it crashes after one action, sometimes after a couple. It always crashes before the end of the turn though.
I've just tested Tobruk map with tester and everything went smooth. Can you tell me please your multiplayer name?
My multiplayer name is "Richard Berger".
Hello, just wanted to know if there's an update on this? I've tried on a couple of different machines and the problem persists. I wondered if it was a version .08 -> .09 multiplayer save issue?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Dunno if anybody's already mentioned it, but when rocket-firing ground units fire, the map screen sometimes auto-scrolls away from the impact hex too quickly before we can see their effect.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Yup. Same here.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
SSLConf_pewp3w
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

I have auto-save at start of turn enabled, but it does not work anymore. I only get autosaves at end of turn.
ShiftZ
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by ShiftZ »

ForestRed wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:13 pm Hi. It's a multiplayer game on the Tobruk map. Sometimes it crashes after one action, sometimes after a couple. It always crashes before the end of the turn though.
I've just tested Tobruk map with tester and everything went smooth. Can you tell me please your multiplayer name?
I've just tried your multiplayer game localy and everything seems ok. It wasn't online mode though. Can you check if it's still crashes on the latest patch?
ShiftZ
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by ShiftZ »

ForestRed wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:17 pm
Hello, just wanted to know if there's an update on this? I've tried on a couple of different machines and the problem persists. I wondered if it was a version .08 -> .09 multiplayer save issue?
It might be. Old multiplayer games had alot of issues. But currently most of the problems seems gone.
Sharkyzero
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Sharkyzero »

The audio is stuttering when doing anything or listening to anything (briefings included). It was happening consistently before, was fixed, and now affects everything again.

Edit: not 20min later, after deleting cache (unsure if this did anything) and going to a puzzle scenario, the audio has gone back to normal...don't know what to make of this
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

tim1357 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:36 pm The Kursk mission won't end. I've captured all the required hexes before the turn limit but the mission still will not end. Anyone else have this issue?
Could you please post a save with this problem?
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

Rudankort wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:53 pm
tim1357 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:36 pm The Kursk mission won't end. I've captured all the required hexes before the turn limit but the mission still will not end. Anyone else have this issue?
Could you please post a save with this problem?
Kursk mission is not supposed to end when all victory hexes are captured. After the offensive phase there is a defensive phase.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Creatings aircraft via scripts stacks them all in one hex instead of spreading them out over all designated hexes.
SineMora

Post by SineMora »

Splitting a unit on high ground and moving its child unit away strips the parent unit of its high-ground bonus.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”