Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

ForestRed
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Bug Reports

Post by ForestRed »

ShiftZ wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:50 pm
ForestRed wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:17 pm
ForestRed wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:34 am

My multiplayer name is "Richard Berger".
Hello, just wanted to know if there's an update on this? I've tried on a couple of different machines and the problem persists. I wondered if it was a version .08 -> .09 multiplayer save issue?
It might be. Old multiplayer games had alot of issues. But currently most of the problems seems gone.
Yes, it's still crashing at the .09 version. We've noticed that the crash always occurs when an attack happens. Not every attack, but about 80% of the time.
ShiftZ
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by ShiftZ »

SineMora wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:02 pm Splitting a unit on high ground and moving its child unit away strips the parent unit of its high-ground bonus.
Thanks for the report. Fixed.
se1000

Post by se1000 »

When entering the army overview (details screen) core units can be distinguished from non core units by an arrow above them. I found a bug when clicking on a non core unit and going back to you core unit the arrow vanishes in the detail screen (where the stats are numbered).
Catacol
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Catacol »

I've discovered that the cache folder fills up with some very big files. Each time the game is played a cache file of over 100mb is left in the folder, and as my drive was quite close to capacity I started to get strange crashes and game judder until I worked out that 3gb of space was being burned by the cache. Deleted it - all good. Can a feature be added to auto clean the cache?
Catacol

Post by Catacol »

And I think some fairly major graphics optimization needs to happen. I've built a scenario on a map 80 by 60 hexes, and my Radeon 570 card is running at 100% and the graphics in the game are poor. I'm gonna run some tests and see at what point the graphics declines like this, but for a hex based game it needs some work.
LarkitsLaxen

Post by LarkitsLaxen »

Here is pic of my Ju87 attacked by a Soviet Yak. The Ju87 had two neighbouring 109s, but they did not protect the Junkers. How come? (They had all just rebased, is that the reason?)

The attachment Stuff.png is no longer available
The attachment Stuff.png is no longer available
Attachments
Stuff  2.png
Stuff 2.png (171.13 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
SineMora
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by SineMora »

ShiftZ wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:07 am Thanks for the report. Fixed.
Great.

It seems the game treats Lend-Lease equipment as separate entries, but as they're functionally the same units shouldn't they be merged when captured? E.g., the two versions of the Valentine III are identical.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
Catacol

Post by Catacol »

Server down? Game wont connect for me or my opponent. Gutted.
Agarwaen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Agarwaen »

Alright, here are some bugs...
version 1.0.9.

1. First one is small - a typo in the "Elite Anti-Air" achievement, Steam.

2. Display always shows the captured equipment as zero, see attached savegame for repro.
BUG - Captured 0 equipment.png
BUG - Captured 0 equipment.png (975.21 KiB) Viewed 2826 times

3. I was able to get a level 6 tactical bomber and artillery. See attached savegames for repro.
BUG - Lvl 6 arty.png
BUG - Lvl 6 arty.png (207.94 KiB) Viewed 2825 times
BUG - Lvl 6 tac bomber.jpg
BUG - Lvl 6 tac bomber.jpg (545.07 KiB) Viewed 2825 times
Hmm, having issues attaching saves...

PS. apparently there's also a bug with ordering attachments to posts :/
Attachments
BUG - Lvl 6 arty.png
BUG - Lvl 6 arty.png (207.94 KiB) Viewed 2826 times
BUG - Typo in Elite Anti-Air achievement.png
BUG - Typo in Elite Anti-Air achievement.png (24.92 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
Agarwaen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Agarwaen »

Sorry had to break the saves into a different post. Was having waaay too many issues ordering and uploading stuff in the post above.
Here are the saves to repro #2 & #3.
PzC 2 BUGS.rar
(875.52 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Demetrios_of_Messene
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Demetrios_of_Messene »

Patch 3 is making the game to crash in Steam after pushing the Play button in the launcher.

There is an "Unreal Engine 4 Crash reporter" with following information:

Unhandled Exception: 0xe06d7363

PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!JsonBox::Value::writeToFile()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FMallocBinned2::Free()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!std::basic_ofstream<char,std::char_traits<char> >::`vbtable'()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!std::basic_filebuf<char,std::char_traits<char> >::`vftable'()
UNQUOTE

The game runs fine if I revert to previous version (through the beta options in Steam).
Hassanka
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Hassanka »

Hello,

Also have experience bug.
It shoud have been solved since patch 1, where it states this problem was solved.
WileyKojote
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WileyKojote »

Not sure if this is a bug, or anything new but.... for multiplayer If I end my turn, it simply grays out the hour glass and while leaving the game because I assumed my turn was finished it still highlights "Play". I hit it because it didn't seem right, and sure enough I had to redo my turn again. This is a big 8 player random FFA (lol) that I created and is now full with 8 players. Do I have to leave the game open until everyone takes their turn?! Surely not. Do I need to refrain from going back in the game once i click my turn end? What if someone is taking their turn already? Seems like a bug.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Bug that was supposed to be fixed by the 3rd patch is not fixed, in fact for me it got introduced (was not even aware it's a thing when it did not occur in the first place). Units appear with medals lost a the start of a new scenario. This get fixed after each combat, but only one level at a time. This is a pain in the historical path, where the enemy starts first most of the time, so the bonuses would have been useful:
Attachments
Example.png
Example.png (259.24 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
WileyKojote
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WileyKojote »

WileyKojote wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:44 pm Not sure if this is a bug, or anything new but.... for multiplayer If I end my turn, it simply grays out the hour glass and while leaving the game because I assumed my turn was finished it still highlights "Play". I hit it because it didn't seem right, and sure enough I had to redo my turn again. This is a big 8 player random FFA (lol) that I created and is now full with 8 players. Do I have to leave the game open until everyone takes their turn?! Surely not. Do I need to refrain from going back in the game once i click my turn end? What if someone is taking their turn already? Seems like a bug.
hmmm, so it appears a second patch came through, is this a forced update in regards to a multiplayer turn being completed? Or did you guys do a quick hot fix haha. Either way, I look again and yes it has completed the turn it seems. So one has to manually update the game through steam in order for this to be reflected? Not sure what the game store folks will be able to do. Another QoL improvement I'd suggest is to let the other players know whose turn it is (Highlighting the current player's turn in the MP lobby perhaps). And also while in game, which player is which color/faction instead of being player 1, 2 etc.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Demetrios_of_Messene wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:05 pm Patch 3 is making the game to crash in Steam after pushing the Play button in the launcher.
We've rolled out an update, please try to switch from legacy 1.0.9 branch to actual one again. Will it work any better?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Hassanka wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:30 pm Also have experience bug.
It shoud have been solved since patch 1, where it states this problem was solved.
Which bug exactly do you mean?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Tassadar wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:52 pm Bug that was supposed to be fixed by the 3rd patch is not fixed, in fact for me it got introduced (was not even aware it's a thing when it did not occur in the first place). Units appear with medals lost a the start of a new scenario. This get fixed after each combat, but only one level at a time. This is a pain in the historical path, where the enemy starts first most of the time, so the bonuses would have been useful:
This should be fixed in an update which we've rolled out to Steam and GOG. And if you are using a standalone version, you can download fixed files here:
http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/PanzerCo ... Hotfix.zip
But alas we did not have enough time to create an installer today, so you'll need to unpack this archive manually to game's <install folder>/PanzerCorps2/Binaries/Win64

Sorry for this issue.
Gwaylare
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Gwaylare »

There is a problem with one of my multiplayer games. After loading the game the replay is fine, but once i hit L to have a lock at the combat log, the game crashes.
The error is reproducable in different games, I tried it about 3-4 times. Combat log is fine in Single Player or Hotseat games. I did not have problems before with the combat log in multiplayer games.

Best regards
Gwaylare
Catacol

Post by Catacol »

With the multiplayer editor if a scenario is not given a name in the parameters menu it shows up fine in the game list and can be played on hotseat, but it cannot be played online via the server. Game crashes on loading. However if you DO give it a scenario name in the parameters menu then the list of custom scenarios available creates options that are blacked out in the menu, and I'm getting some very strange stuff with several different scenarios appearing to have the same game name when the blacked out game names are clicked on. As it happens these can still be loaded ok - so the games still work (provided they have been given a scenario name) but the menu list is a mess. I would post an image - but no matter what I try to do I cant get an attachment to paste...

Also in a custom scenario multiplayer the side selection is bugged. I built a scenario where the two sides were Germany and the US - but in order to make me Germany I had to click on US in the menu. If I selected Germany it gave me the US. Again - I worked it out so that my opponent and I are playing fine, but the menu is messed up.

Basically - a lot of work needed on multiplayer scenario menus!
Last edited by Catacol on Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”