Campaign: Operation Unthinkable (6 Scenarios)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Campaign: Operation Unthinkable (6 Scenarios)

Post by WookieeDavidson »

Hello all, Back at it again with another Campaign, a little shorter compared to Big Red One, but i thought i'd experiment with late war equipment and test its balance

This campaign is based on an Operation Unthinkable scenario with the Soviets and Yugoslavians invading Italy through the Free Territory of Trieste which was the neutral buffer zone between Yugoslavia and Italy in 1946, however with Yugoslavia claiming Trieste as rightful slavic lands they decide to break peace and attempt to roll over the allied forces with the numerical advantage

So its August 1946 and the campaign starts with You commanding a small task force in Western Berlin, while you hold the line and wait for reinforcements the next scenario throws you to Denmark where you then command another Task Force comprised of German reactivated soldiers, US troops from the 1st Infantry, and British infantry from the 7th Armored, As you assist the Danish Royal Family's escape from Denmark into Neutral Sweden. You are then redeployed to Kiel where you defend the Kiel Canal from a soviet invasion. From there you're redeployed South to Austria to defend from a Yugoslavian/Soviet joint invasion from the South and East defending the vital crossroad city of Graz. Before beginning the counter offensive and cutting off a large Slavic/Soviet force near the Italian Border. Before finally regrouping at Magdeburg for the counter attack to Berlin before peace talks and Nuclear Weapons are considered.

Install

To install the Campaign, Unzip the folder here - *Drive*:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps 2\Campaigns

if you dont see a Campaigns Folder in your Panzer Corps 2 then make a folder and place Unthinkable inside
Attachments
Unthinkable1.3.rar
(140.92 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
Last edited by WookieeDavidson on Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: Campaign: Operation Unthinkable (6 Scenarios)

Post by Akkula »

But Operation Unthinkable was a plan from the Allies (Churchill mostly) to attack the Soviets. Not viceversa :S
I was expecting a campaign of the invasion of the USSR by the Allies... that would awesome :O

Still your screenshots looks beautiful.
Best regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

"YEEEAAAUUUHHH!!!""Akkula" is "right-on-target" here!... so!... do it right!.
WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Akkula wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:34 pm But Operation Unthinkable was a plan from the Allies (Churchill mostly) to attack the Soviets. Not viceversa :S
I was expecting a campaign of the invasion of the USSR by the Allies... that would awesome :O

Still your screenshots looks beautiful.
Best regards,
Akkula.
Yea i couldn't think of a better name so i just went with the only one i could find, I do plan on having some expansions to the campaign, so maybe i can include a Joint German/Allied invasion of the Soviet union
Mikaba
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Mikaba »

Hi Wookie, Just started 1st scenario which is quite fun as I have lived in Berlin, and did now enter the city again. Have you worked on this campaign in the meantime?
Mikaba

Post by Mikaba »

Hi, one question: In Denmark 2nd scen. It seems possible to buy new troops, but not to place them. Is that a bug or do I miss something here to see?
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Mikaba wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:15 pm Hi, one question: In Denmark 2nd scen. It seems possible to buy new troops, but not to place them. Is that a bug or do I miss something here to see?
"Mikaba"...You!!! are not 'Alone!'... I too encountered this very same dilemma!. I purchased some troops... but could not find anywhere to deploy them???. "Was ist Loss?"..."Nicht ist Loss?". I had to quit playing the Game any-further!.

Pleas 'Fix' this very-annoying-'Bug'.
naughtybalrog
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by naughtybalrog »

Hi Wookiee!
Loved the Big Red One and am excited about diving into this campaign :) Keep them coming!
WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Updated the campaign, silly me forgot to put deployable tiles on the Denmark scenario, so thats fixed now
Attachments
Unthinkable1.1.rar
(139.99 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
naughtybalrog

Post by naughtybalrog »

Kiel Canal turn 17: cannot proceed beyond this point even though all objectives attained.
Help!
WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

naughtybalrog wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:11 am Kiel Canal turn 17: cannot proceed beyond this point even though all objectives attained.
Help!
oh my god i'm an idiot, i didn't even have objectives for the scenario to end
Attachments
Unthinkable1.2.rar
(141.09 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
naughtybalrog

Post by naughtybalrog »

Thanks Wales Wookie!
I still cannot end the scenario... do I have to restart the scenario or the whole campaign?
WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Try restarting the scenario, otherwise just use the runany Victory 0 code to skip the mission for now.
Mikaba

Post by Mikaba »

Hi Wookie, many thanks for updating the scenario. Now it works perfectly with deploying the troops. I have restarted the campaign and got to Denmark this morning.
Do u have any other campaigns under construction? Would love to help in some way.
Thanks again and best, Mika
naughtybalrog

Post by naughtybalrog »

Greetings Wookie!

Berlin or Bust mission has airfields in Soviet controlled territory. When I occupied the airfield 2 hexes northwest of Brandenburg, I could not deploy nor rebase any of my aircraft there. Help?

Great campaign! Would love to have some transport available even if it is rail...
WookieeDavidson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

naughtybalrog wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:45 am Greetings Wookie!

Berlin or Bust mission has airfields in Soviet controlled territory. When I occupied the airfield 2 hexes northwest of Brandenburg, I could not deploy nor rebase any of my aircraft there. Help?

Great campaign! Would love to have some transport available even if it is rail...
Once again my fault, i forgot to make the airfields captureable... should be fixed now
Attachments
Unthinkable1.3.rar
(140.92 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
naughtybalrog

Post by naughtybalrog »

Hey Wookie!

Thanks so much for fixing that, What a great campaign!

Keep creating please.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

"Domina-Novicius Scenario/Campaign-Artiest":

"WookieeDavidson": Despite some initial setbacks that have befallen you... you are definitely making 'Magnificent-Progress' in your continuing unending-effort's to make progress!. Keep up the 'Good-Work'... you're determined stalwartness in making your creation work... will inspire other's to follow your lead... they may also soon be asking for your guidance!.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”