[1.33 MOD] - Administrative Burden fix

Moderator: Pocus

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

[1.33 MOD] - Administrative Burden fix

Post by Pocus »

Hi guys

Given the next patch is some weeks away ... probably, here is a surgical change to a single file that will fix the AB bug.
Faction.zip
(101.48 KiB) Downloaded 250 times

How to install:
Open the zip
Drag&drop the file to this directory:
\Empires\Data\scripts

You should be prompted if you want to overwrite faction.bsf
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
poesel71
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: [1.33 MOD] - Administrative Burden fix

Post by poesel71 »

What exactly does that fix?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

The issue of having AB higher than planned.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
poesel71

Post by poesel71 »

Ok, that sold me. :)

Btw the full path for the Steam version is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Field of Glory Empires\Data\scripts
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by desertedfox »

Hi Pocus,

Can this manual patch be applied in a multiplayer game with disrupting it?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

That's dangerous, everybody will need to apply it or you'll get out of synch.
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by desertedfox »

Cheers.
Laotse1990
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [1.33 MOD] - Corrección de la carga administrativa

Post by Laotse1990 »

This answer is repeated with quote, I could´nt delete the duplicated later for some reason, sorry. It's spanish translation, I hope there are no mistakes. I have exactly the same problem with gold for a few turns with Rome, in version 1.3.3. The administrative burden is large, but that's not the problem. The problem is that the forecast given to you by the game is not correct and, in each turn, you lose 2000 gold or more without knowing why. "fj.einherjar" explains it very well, I am not doing anything to lose gold, but quite the opposite, even selling human and metal potential and there is no way to correct it. It's definitely a program error. Anyway, I'll patch the administrative burden, but I don't think that's going to fix it, because it's just so that there's no excessive administrative burden, I don't think it fixes the foresight error or the hole through which the money goes. Well, we'll see. Another important thing: treaties offered to other factions should be somewhere in the next turn to consider them. They could also be included in the accounting forecast as possible variations. Finally: the objectives always say "given in turn 15", they do not say the turn that they were actually given. It happens whether I play in Spanish or change it to English. Thank you so much for everything. Magnificent game despite these little things. :D
Last edited by Laotse1990 on Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laotse1990
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Laotse1990 »

Pocus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:57 pm The issue of having AB higher than planned.
It's spanish translation, I hope there are no mistakes. I have exactly the same problem with gold for a few turns with Rome, in version 1.3.3. The administrative burden is large, but that's not the problem. The problem is that the forecast given to you by the game is not correct and, in each turn, you lose 2000 gold or more without knowing why. "fj.einherjar" explains it very well, I am not doing anything to lose gold, but quite the opposite, even selling human and metal potential and there is no way to correct it. It's definitely a program error. Anyway, I'll patch the administrative burden, but I don't think that's going to fix it, because it's just so that there's no excessive administrative burden, I don't think it fixes the foresight error or the hole through which the money goes. Well, we'll see. Another important thing: treaties offered to other factions should be somewhere in the next turn to consider them. They could also be included in the accounting forecast as possible variations. Finally: the objectives always say "given in turn 15", they do not say the turn that they were actually given. It happens whether I play in Spanish or change it to English. Thank you so much for everything. Magnificent game despite these little things. :D
Laotse1990
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Laotse1990 »

Laotse1990 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:38 pm
Pocus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:57 pm The issue of having AB higher than planned.
It's spanish translation, I hope there are no mistakes. I have exactly the same problem with gold for a few turns with Rome, in version 1.3.3. The administrative burden is large, but that's not the problem. The problem is that the forecast given to you by the game is not correct and, in each turn, you lose 2000 gold or more without knowing why. "fj.einherjar" explains it very well, I am not doing anything to lose gold, but quite the opposite, even selling human and metal potential and there is no way to correct it. It's definitely a program error. Anyway, I'll patch the administrative burden, but I don't think that's going to fix it, because it's just so that there's no excessive administrative burden, I don't think it fixes the foresight error or the hole through which the money goes. Well, we'll see. Another important thing: treaties offered to other factions should be somewhere in the next turn to consider them. They could also be included in the accounting forecast as possible variations. Finally: the objectives always say "given in turn 15", they do not say the turn that they were actually given. It happens whether I play in Spanish or change it to English. Thank you so much for everything. Magnificent game despite these little things. :D
I must say that I was wrong, indeed the pacht corrects the problems of unexplained losses in accounting. The administrative burden remains great because the Empire is growing, after a few turns, but I no longer have any surprises in accounting expectations. Thanks a lot.
Laotse1990
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Laotse1990 »

Laotse1990 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:46 pm
I must say that I was wrong, indeed the pacht corrects the problems of unexplained losses in accounting. The administrative burden remains great because the Empire is growing, after a few turns, but I no longer have any surprises in accounting expectations. Thanks a lot.
Well, no, I think I've talked too soon. In this last turn I was told that I had 2980 gold (+803 in the next shift) I gave 425 to the Iutos, but I sold slaves for 1000. There's no other deal or decision. So it should be 2980+803+1000-425 equal to 4358(+the next turn income). However the game, the next turn, says 2907(+1322). I don't know why this happens, but it's a good thing the game is easy, at least at this level. I love the game, but I don't understand these things. Nor that they don't specify things in your accounting, so you could understand the mistake. You don't even detail the agreements or the sale of slaves, you never know if they've really been taken into account, especially when these things happen. For the most part, this is not a criticism. I'm just saying it to make you better the game, because it's a shame these little things that spoil the masterpiece.
Laotse1990
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Laotse1990 »

Laotse1990 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:00 am
Laotse1990 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Well, no, I think I've talked too soon. In this last turn I was told that I had 2980 gold (+803 in the next shift) I gave 425 to the Iutos, but I sold slaves for 1000. There's no other deal or decision. So it should be 2980+803+1000-425 equal to 4358(+the next turn income). However the game, the next turn, says 2907(+1322). I don't know why this happens, but it's a good thing the game is easy, at least at this level. I love the game, but I don't understand these things. Nor that they don't specify things in your accounting, so you could understand the mistake. You don't even detail the agreements or the sale of slaves, you never know if they've really been taken into account, especially when these things happen. For the most part, this is not a criticism. I'm just saying it to make you better the game, because it's a shame these little things that spoil the masterpiece.
In the last ten or so turns since I wrote the above quote, it all fits me pretty well in accounting. The administrative burden is great because the empire grows. So maybe the patch has helped stabilize things. Now I have built a Royal Treasury, which will also help me. :D
antiochosIII
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by antiochosIII »

Could you guys update this? I'm still having the problem but it now crashes my game if i use the modded file.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Don't use it, this is included in 1.34. This is why you are crashing, the file you are using is too old.

Return to “MOD”