Little Wars Tourney

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Little Wars Tourney

Post by Karvon »

Well, we have a champion already in Div 2.

TomoeGozen and Aetius39 both swept through their six matches, each losing one, but Aetius39 was edged out on total score. He would've lost an eventual tie-breaker as he lost their head-to-head match. Everyone else has lost at least two matches, so the others are battling for the bronze at this point.

Here's their final standings
Attachments
2020-08-25 lw lb.jpg
2020-08-25 lw lb.jpg (12.84 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
TomoeGozen
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by TomoeGozen »

Thank you to Karvon for running this and to all my opponents who all gave great games. I can't believe I won! :D

I hope no one minds if I mention the scoring...
I'm inclined to agree with what DanZanZibar said at the beginning, I'm not sure the 7 points for a bloody win and 6 for a decisive one seem fair. Comparing my results to Aetius' there was little difference in points differences for most games except our games against Blagrot where I won 62-35 and got 7 points but Aetius won 40-5 and only got 6 points. A fairer result probably should have seen Aetius scoring one more point than I did to be honest.

Or maybe just a win is a win for 6 points and losers score depending on the damage they do, that way our head to head game would have decided it.

I'm still taking the win and the bragging rights though.. :lol:

Cheers,
Dave.
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

TomoeGozen wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:37 am Thank you to Karvon for running this and to all my opponents who all gave great games. I can't believe I won! :D

I'm inclined to agree with what DanZanZibar said at the beginning, I'm not sure the 7 points for a bloody win and 6 for a decisive one seem fair. Comparing my results to Aetius' there was little difference in points differences for most games except our games against Blagrot where I won 62-35 and got 7 points but Aetius won 40-5 and only got 6 points. A fairer result probably should have seen Aetius scoring one more point than I did to be honest.

Or maybe just a win is a win for 6 points and losers score depending on the damage they do, that way our head to head game would have decided it.

Cheers,
Dave.
Well, point argument non-withstanding, you did beat me so either way you're the overall winner :) Congrats!
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
DanZanzibar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by DanZanzibar »

Div 1 Result (sorry for the delay)

DanZanzibar (Arab) defeats Karvon (Germanic) 57-24

Good game!
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Division 1

SnuggleBunnies (Indian) defeats iandavidsmith (Indo-Greek) 43-2

https://youtu.be/z65V5GJGOBU

The Indians fend off the Indo-Greek cavalry, pin down the phalangites, and charge their archers.

GG
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Div 1

Karvon's Germanic Horse Tribes with Dacian allies defeated iandavidsmith Indo-Greeks 51-12 for a 6-0 victory.

A deep stream ran through a valley between opposing ridges dividing the field. Rather large forests lay beyond the stream on both the right and left flank of the Indo-Greek side. A large patch of rough ground topped the end of the ridge on the Indo-Greek side at about the middle of the field. Other small patches of rough ground and trees were scattered across the field.

Given the lay of the land, and the possibility of elephants, we decided on a four loose warband based force screened by half a dozen light foot and supported by a pair of lancers and a token light horse. Our plan was to advance up to the ridge overlooking the stream and possibly flank through the rough and difficult ground, depending on how the Indo-Greeks deployed.

The Indo-Greeks deployed a mixed infantry force anchored on the woods on their right. A phalanx and warband were supported by a mix of medium foot and four Indian bow. A small mounted contingent of a cataphract, lancer and horse archer formed a reserve. One or two light foot provided a token screen. Surprisingly, there were no elephants.

Both armies pushed forward to the stream aggressively on their right, resulting in the forces, mostly swapping sides of the valley. However, we caught the warband, some of the medium foot and archers defending the rough high ground and swept them away as well as chasing and eventually destroying the horse archer sent to skirmish with our flanking lancers. The phalanx attempted to recross the stream to engage our warbands, but we caught it mid-stream and it was rather quickly broken, and the Indo-Greeks collapsed shortly there after.

A look at the final positions.
Attachments
2020-08-26 Germ HT vs Indo Greek.jpg
2020-08-26 Germ HT vs Indo Greek.jpg (251.4 KiB) Viewed 1511 times
Darkwater247
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Darkwater247 »

Darkwater247 (Romans 425 with Alan allies) defeats kronenblatt (Bulgar) 45 - 18

Kronenblatt was a prefect gent, in a difficult match up for his Bulgars, the Romans gained a bit of a upper hand early on when one unit of Roman lancers decided to try win it themselves and routed and chase several of the Bulgar's. The Bulgers didnt give up though and battled on with gusto.

Thankyou again for the game Kronenblatt and I look forward to our next meeting.
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Division 1

SnuggleBunnies (Indian) defeats Challenge1 (Dailami) 46-4

https://youtu.be/7GZZhcDmipM

A giant hill dominated the battlefield. The Indians seized it first. The Dailami infantry, attempting to back away from the Indian elephants, panicked and fled before their supporting cavalry could contribute meaningfully to the action.

GG.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

Challenge1
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Challenge1 »

Division 1

Challenge1 (Dailami) defeats iandavidsmith (Indo-Greek) - 42-0

Thanks for the game!
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Division 1

SnuggleBunnies (Indian) defeats NikiforosFokas (Byzantine) 63-42

https://youtu.be/inO_5ETl0MQ

A confused battle in which the Byzantines lost their early momentum as casualties mounted from a relentless storm of arrows.

GG.

Blagrot

Post by Blagrot »

Division 3 result

Blagrot (British 600-1030 AD with Viking 900-1049 AD Allies) beat Darkwater247 (Roman 425-492 with Alans) 50% - 22%

The Roman Cavalry rode out boldly but got caught between two packs of British spears, with them chased off or dead the British steadily encircled and killed the Roman infantry. Thanks for the game and good to see you joining more things :-D
iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by iandavidsmith »

Challenge Posted

Vrs phoyle3290 4.03 Ptolemaic 166-56 BC

Password = little
pm sent

Good luck

Ian
DanZanzibar

Post by DanZanzibar »

Div 1 Result

DanZanzibar (Arab) defeats Challenge1 (Dailami) 65-43

Our battle lines ran straight up to each other and ... social distanced for half the match. It took over 20 rounds but we got there. Very fun match - GG!
NikiforosFokas

Post by NikiforosFokas »

Div 1
NikiforosFokas (Byzantines) defeats Challenge1 (Daylami), 53-20%.
Thanks for the game.
For Byzantium!!
Blagrot

Post by Blagrot »

Division 2

Blagrot (British 600-1030 AD with Viking 900-1049 AD Allies) beat Kronenblatt (Bulgar (Volga) 675-1237 AD) 41% - 14%

Not a good matchup for the horsemen who struggled to mass the shooting needed, I think I only actually killed 2 lancer units but a substantial number of horse archers were unfortunatly disqualified for leaving the field of battle. Thanks for the game Kronenblatt, look forward to playing you again.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Div 1

Kavon (German Horse Tribes with Dacian allies) defeated Challenge1 (Dailami) 64-48 for a 7-2 win.

Battle was joined on a river plain with a few scattered patches of rough or trees.

We brought mostly lancers supported by light bow and a couple of other horse. The Dailami had a mixed cavalry force supported by a few foot bow and a pesky elephant. In short, We destroyed and pursued the enemy larger right wing and the elephant and a couple of supporting horse destroyed our smaller right wing. Our victorious left circled right and crushed the lone reserve medium foot along the banks of the river for the win.

The elephant deserves a medal; he withstood multiple volleys of arrows from my 3-4 archers, rallied when he did get disordered once, and helped destroy several horse, plus ran down one or two of the harassing archers.

The final scene
Attachments
2020--09-01 Arab GHT vs Dailami LW.jpg
2020--09-01 Arab GHT vs Dailami LW.jpg (834.43 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Here are the current standing with Div 2 almost finished, good job guys!

Karvon the Little
Attachments
2020-09 02 lw lb.jpg
2020-09 02 lw lb.jpg (55.25 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

TomoeGozen wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:37 am Thank you to Karvon for running this and to all my opponents who all gave great games. I can't believe I won! :D

Cheers,
Dave.
I'm relatively happy with the scoring system so far. While it's true a winner can only score 6-7 points, more decisive victories deny points to the loser, effectively widening the winner's lead. Thus a bloody win might end 7-3, a four point spread, while a massive win would end 7-0 with a 7 point spread.

The one change I have considered is lowering the loss ratio multiple to 15% and raising the max to 75%+ so you could score 0-5 pts for casualties inflicted plus 4 pts for a win. This would increase the spread range to 9 with a massive win, yet still cap the spread to 4 with a bloody close win.

I will solicit player feedback on the scoring at the end of the season.

Karvon the Little
iandavidsmith

Post by iandavidsmith »

Division 1 Challenges posted

vrs NikiforosFokas (Byzantine 551-578)

vrs DanZanzibar. (Arab Conquest 638)

passwords= little

PM sent.
Good Luck
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Div 1 Challenges Posted

Karvon - Germanic Horse Tribes 260 BC with Dacian allies vs....

phoyle3290 - Ptolemaic 166-56 BC

NikiforosFokas - Byzantine 551-578

PW karvon

PM sent

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”