I need some help Supplying forces when conquering Islands?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

jack54
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

I need some help Supplying forces when conquering Islands?

Post by jack54 »

When taking Rhodus (as Persia) I owned Lycia which meant that the neighboring sea area Sporades Insulae is supplyed. Rhodus straddles 'Sporades Insulae' and 'Carpathium Mare' which is out of supply. When my land army disembarked on Rhodus they went out of supply.
I tried daisy chaining naval units but that didn't help. I took the island but the army was serious depleted... almost lost my 'Immortals'...

Any ideas would be appreciated...
Surt
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: I need some help Supplying forces when conquering Islands?

Post by Surt »

If you hold the mouse over the first circle in the region, it should show that both seas have harbour exits. So a ship in Sporades should supply in Rhodes, Lycia should have enough food to supply both ships and army. Don't know how many ships are needed though.
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Ok thanks
Laotse1990
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: ¿Necesito ayuda A las fuerzas de suministro al conquistar islas?

Post by Laotse1990 »

jack54 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:40 pmOk thanks
You have to put on the coast as many ships as food points your army needs on the island. I don't know right now the position you're talking about. But normally, if they are not at the same time in contact with their own coast, the boats have to return on the next turn for not to lose efficiency. Then you have to go to the island so many other boats to take turns in supplying. It's like some of them are going to deliver food and the others are going to recharge food. For example: for an army that eats 10, you need 20 ships, of any kind, 10 to go and 10 to return. I don't understand why they do manuals so badly because I've had to learn it by doing a lot of tests. The game is very good, but the manual and the lack of manual updates... it's disappointing. Especially for those who don't have that much free time.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

The rule was added to a patch and the manual is not a live manual, online, but a PDF.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”