Kwantung Scenarios

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.
Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

rico21
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Kwantung Scenarios

Post by rico21 »

Unzip and Paste in Paul'Mod [ Japanese v Soviet Skirmish Mod ]
KhalkhinGol
Khasan
Shumshu
Scenarios.zip
(954.04 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
Last edited by rico21 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
rico21

Re: Kwantung Scenarios

Post by rico21 »

Screen_00000000.jpg
Screen_00000000.jpg (107.93 KiB) Viewed 4666 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Screen_00000001.jpg
Screen_00000001.jpg (122.77 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Screen_00000002.jpg
Screen_00000002.jpg (114.97 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Screen_00000003.jpg
Screen_00000003.jpg (125.54 KiB) Viewed 4613 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Screen_00000000.jpg
Screen_00000000.jpg (147.17 KiB) Viewed 4548 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Screen_00000001.jpg
Screen_00000001.jpg (144.28 KiB) Viewed 4548 times
mpetri
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by mpetri »

rico21 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:12 pm Unzip and Paste in Paul'Mod [ Japanese v Soviet Skirmish Mod ]
KhalkhinGol
Khasan
Shumshu
Scenarios.zip
Scenario link doesn’t work for me?

I downloaded the files and pasted them in the campaigns folder but the game isn’t displaying the campaign as selectable. It just gives the same basic empty screen rather than the mission popping up and letting you select it.

Have similar issue with the Poland, “Far West” and Italian Eastern Front scenarios.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

mpetri wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:59 am
rico21 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:12 pm Unzip and Paste in Paul'Mod [ Japanese v Soviet Skirmish Mod ]
KhalkhinGol
Khasan
Shumshu
Scenarios.zip

I downloaded the files and pasted them in the campaigns folder but the game isn’t displaying the campaign as selectable. It just gives the same basic empty screen rather than the mission popping up and letting you select it.

Have similar issue with the Poland, “Far West” and Italian Eastern Front scenarios.
You need to download my Japanese v Soviet Skirmish mod, and then paste rico's scenarios into it.

It's the same story with rico's other scenarios, they have to be pasted into the appropriate skirmish mod.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
mpetri

Post by mpetri »

Paul59 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:52 pm
mpetri wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:59 am
KhalkhinGol
Khasan
Shumshu
Scenarios.zip

You need to download my Japanese v Soviet Skirmish mod, and then paste rico's scenarios into it.

It's the same story with rico's other scenarios, they have to be pasted into the appropriate skirmish mod.
Oh.....I did though(I pasted the “scenarios” folder supposed to allow me to play these missions folder into the “Japanese EF Skirmish” folder).

The skirmish part of the mod works fine, but the campaign part of it doesn’t show up. I’m using the exact same procedure as I did for the campaigns which have popped up(for example, the Indochina campaign within Cold War Skirmish) but for whatever reason, it’s not giving me the ability to play the campaign scenarios.

One thing I did notice going through the game files is that there isn’t a “tiles” folder for the skirmish missions which aren’t allowing me to play the campaign scenarios(Italian East Front, Kwantung, Polish 1939) but there is one for the rest. Do you think that could be the issue? Like I said before the skirmish part works fine, so I’m very confused.
mpetri

Post by mpetri »

rico21 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:27 pm viewtopic.php?f=313&t=97242
I followed that procedure and it worked perfectly for the Indochina, Spanish Civil War, British 1945 skirmish mods(I can select the campaign missions instead of just getting a blank screen with the Soviet and German roundels imposed on a map of the Western USSR— same sort of map that pops up when you complete a campaign)

I’m very confused because it seems like it worked for some and not for others, which is what makes me think it’s something within the zip files.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

check1.JPG
check1.JPG (39.97 KiB) Viewed 3524 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

check2.JPG
check2.JPG (75.79 KiB) Viewed 3523 times
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

mpetri wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:54 am
One thing I did notice going through the game files is that there isn’t a “tiles” folder for the skirmish missions which aren’t allowing me to play the campaign scenarios(Italian East Front, Kwantung, Polish 1939) but there is one for the rest. Do you think that could be the issue? Like I said before the skirmish part works fine, so I’m very confused.
No, it can't be anything to do with the Tiles folder. That mod does not need a Tiles folder, as it just uses the standard BA2 Russian terrain. I have just checked, and the Kwantung scenarios work on my installation.

As you have managed to get some of rico's other scenarios working, you obviously know what you are doing, so maybe you just have a corrupt scenario download. So maybe delete the Scenarios folder in the mod and download rico's Kwantung scenarios again.

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

mpetri

Post by mpetri »

Paul59 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:05 am
mpetri wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:54 am
No, it can't be anything to do with the Tiles folder. That mod does not need a Tiles folder, as it just uses the standard BA2 Russian terrain. I have just checked, and the Kwantung scenarios work on my installation.

As you have managed to get some of rico's other scenarios working, you obviously know what you are doing, so maybe you just have a corrupt scenario download. So maybe delete the Scenarios folder in the mod and download rico's Kwantung scenarios again.

cheers

Paul
I just tried deleting the scenario folder and re-downloading it, pasting it within the “Japanese EF Skirmish” folder, but I got the exact same empty screen, so I’m even more confused now since you said you got it to work.

Would it be possible for you to post the file you downloaded as a zip here so I could try downloading that and see if anything changes?

Thanks!
mpetri

Post by mpetri »

rico21 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:28 amcheck2.JPG
I did see the file folders(as in two distinct copies of the files within the folders) pop up two times when I searched my downloads for “scenarios”— seems to have appeared when I copied the scenario folders to paste within the specific campaign section. I deleted the duplicate copies, but I’m still getting the same empty screen.

I am playing Battle Academy 2 on a Mac if that makes any difference in terms of procedure or what I should be doing.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

mpetri wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:50 pm
I did see the file folders(as in two distinct copies of the files within the folders) pop up two times when I searched my downloads for “scenarios”— seems to have appeared when I copied the scenario folders to paste within the specific campaign section. I deleted the duplicate copies, but I’m still getting the same empty screen.

I am playing Battle Academy 2 on a Mac if that makes any difference in terms of procedure or what I should be doing.
It's all very strange. I do not know anything about Mac, but maybe it's something connected to that, but why you can get some of rico's scenarios to work and not others makes no sense.

I don't think me uploading the scenarios would do any good, I got them exactly the same way you got them, from ricos's link in this thread.

The only thing I think may work is if I upload a new version of the Japanese EF Skirmish Mod with the scenarios already inside it. I have also fixed the minefield problem, so it may be worth uploading it anyway.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

mpetri

Post by mpetri »

Paul59 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:50 pm

It's all very strange. I do not know anything about Mac, but maybe it's something connected to that, but why you can get some of rico's scenarios to work and not others makes no sense.

I don't think me uploading the scenarios would do any good, I got them exactly the same way you got them, from ricos's link in this thread.

The only thing I think may work is if I upload a new version of the Japanese EF Skirmish Mod with the scenarios already inside it. I have also fixed the minefield problem, so it may be worth uploading it anyway.
I’m not great with computers, so it’s entirely possibly I’m doing something wrong, but I’m following the exact same steps that I did for the other campaigns which are working, so it’s a bit disheartening. Furthermore, I’ve downloaded multiple user made campaigns from the forums here and they’ve worked fine, so it’s confusing why these three or so just simply don’t want to work for me.

Yes please, I would greatly appreciate that! Would you just post the link to that here, or would it be in the “community scenarios” section on the app?

While I’m here, I would also like to thank you for all your hard work on all of these different skirmish mods; I played Battle Academy and Battle Academy 2 extensively(probably close to five hundred hours on each easily) on my iPad back in high school, and I dearly loved them— I was definitely saddened when the new iOS update meant they no longer worked for iPad and my six year old iPad with them downloaded which I had faithfully not updated so I could keep playing finally hit its natural expiration date. When I managed to get Battle Academy 2 working on my Mac and saw so much excellent new content I was very happy. Thank you again for all your hard work.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

mpetri wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:23 pm
Paul59 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:50 pm

I’m not great with computers, so it’s entirely possibly I’m doing something wrong, but I’m following the exact same steps that I did for the other campaigns which are working, so it’s a bit disheartening. Furthermore, I’ve downloaded multiple user made campaigns from the forums here and they’ve worked fine, so it’s confusing why these three or so just simply don’t want to work for me.

Yes please, I would greatly appreciate that! Would you just post the link to that here, or would it be in the “community scenarios” section on the app?

While I’m here, I would also like to thank you for all your hard work on all of these different skirmish mods; I played Battle Academy and Battle Academy 2 extensively(probably close to five hundred hours on each easily) on my iPad back in high school, and I dearly loved them— I was definitely saddened when the new iOS update meant they no longer worked for iPad and my six year old iPad with them downloaded which I had faithfully not updated so I could keep playing finally hit its natural expiration date. When I managed to get Battle Academy 2 working on my Mac and saw so much excellent new content I was very happy. Thank you again for all your hard work.
Thanks,

The updated mod is now available for download from within the game.

You can just delete the old mod, unless you have any uncompleted skirmishes.

Cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Scenario Design”