Unlock all Ships early!

The Cylons have rebelled. The alliance of the Twelve Colonies falters. Take control of the Colonial Fleet and save humanity from an endless war.
psxyke
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Unlock all Ships early!

Post by psxyke »

I was looking at some way to unlock the ships from Ghost Fleet Offensive for all campaigns and I'm glad to share how I did it :twisted: mainly because if you only play the campaign you can't use them for many missions :(

Warning: this requires editing your save game, so I recommend that you back up everything

- The main thing you need is to have all the dlc with a saved game where you already have everything unlocked , save your game in the second position on the list.
- You need a text editor, I recommend this one, since it is the one I use https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/
- Locate where your saved games are: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\180418808\544610\remote
- To start, enter the game and start a new game Deadlock Campaign+Broken Alliance Campaign save your game at the top of the list.
- If you already did all these steps you will have the following files campaign1.bsgsave (the file you will edit) and campaign2.bsgsave (where you will copy what you need)
- Open on Notepad++ campaign2.bsgsave where you have everything unlocked, will show its content in a long line of text.
- Start a search with this word "UnlockedShips"
- Copy everything from "UnlockedShips" until you find "ShipsDestroyed"
- Open on Notepad++ campaign1.bsgsave Start a search with this word "UnlockedShips"
- Select all the text from "UnlockedShips" until you find "ShipsDestroyed" and paste everything you already copied from campaign2.bsgsave. Save the file
- Star the game and load the first saved game.

Now you have the ability to build all ships, use all squadrons and ammunition even in the first campaign :mrgreen: Jupiter Mk II I see you 8)
DEFCONwon

Re: Unlock all Ships early!

Post by DEFCONwon »

Thanks! I've been wanting to be able to play the entire game with the other ships. I wish they would make this part of the game after your first playthrough. It would be good to have to save up to unlock them, but have them available to do so with.
psxyke

Post by psxyke »

DEFCONwon wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:46 pm Thanks! I've been wanting to be able to play the entire game with the other ships. I wish they would make this part of the game after your first playthrough. It would be good to have to save up to unlock them, but have them available to do so with.
You're welcome, it's worth mentioning that I already played until the Resurrection campaign without any problem and that the game detects what you previously modified to have all the ships unlocked if you use the same save when starting a new campaign 8) (for Sin and Sacrifice, Resurrection and Ghost Fleet Offensive) I also found a way to keep all your officers that you lose when starting the Resurrection campaign, but editing your save to be able to do it is a bit more complicated :| editing the save to maintain your fleets would be a nightmare :shock: (In the Resurrection campaign you lose all your officers and fleets)
DEFCONwon

Post by DEFCONwon »

All I want is making use of the ships from the dlc to put them to more use. You hardly get any time with the Defender before the game is over, and all I care about is the campaign mode. This has been just right.
psxyke

Post by psxyke »

DEFCONwon wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:15 am All I want is making use of the ships from the dlc to put them to more use. You hardly get any time with the Defender before the game is over, and all I care about is the campaign mode. This has been just right.
Keeping my officers was a priority :shock: I had 24 officers, men and women from each colony with the skills that I needed and it was neither easy nor quick to obtain them, it was a loss that I could not accept :shock: Good thing that the save is relatively easy to edit :twisted: Now i also found how to change the skills of each officer, even Silas Nash 8)

Armor and speed skills are the best for me:

Armor skill on one Jupiter turns it on another Jupiter MK2 in a matter of armor.

Speed skill on one Jupiter or Jupiter MK2 radically changes the way you use this ship, as it not only improves speed but also its maneuverability.

The loss of my 24 fleets was something difficult to accept since I had given each ship a distinctive and unique name :cry: and having to do it again was not easy :x
psxyke

Post by psxyke »

Bad and good news about the new Battlestar in the campaign, it seems that they cannot be unlocked by editing the saved game in the usual way, you have to change a ship that you already have so that it assumes the shape of the new Battlestar.

For example, search:

"ShipType":24

This Jupiter Mk2 class ship

Change it to:

"ShipType":29
For Mercury Battlestar
or
"ShipType":30
For Valkyrie Battlestar

Notice that they do not gain experience.
Last edited by psxyke on Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victor_shaw
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Victor_shaw »

psxyke wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:58 pm Bad and good news about the new Battlestar in the campaign, it seems that they cannot be unlocked by editing the saved game in the usual way, you have to change a ship that you already have so that it assumes the shape of the new Battlestar.

For example, search:

"ShipType":26

Change it to:

For Mercury Battlestar
or
For Valkyrie Battlestar

1. does i have to be a Battlestar?
2. do you have a list of all the ShipType: # so I know which ones I want to use?
3. Does it become the other ship just with a new skin or does it keep the new stats?
psxyke

Post by psxyke »

Victor_shaw wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:29 pm
psxyke wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:58 pm Bad and good news about the new Battlestar in the campaign, it seems that they cannot be unlocked by editing the saved game in the usual way, you have to change a ship that you already have so that it assumes the shape of the new Battlestar.

For example, search:

Change it to:

For Mercury Battlestar
or
For Valkyrie Battlestar

2. do you have a list of all the ShipType: # so I know which ones I want to use?
3. Does it become the other ship just with a new skin or does it keep the new stats?
Any ship can be replaced with all the benefits as far as I know. You can even exceed the limit of 8000 for a fleet.

Individual Types are these:

Of which I know are: 24 is Jupiter Mk2, 26 is Orion and 27 Defender, 0 Jupiter.
Victor_shaw

Post by Victor_shaw »

psxyke wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:24 pm
Victor_shaw wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:29 pm

For example, search:

Change it to:

For Mercury Battlestar
or
For Valkyrie Battlestar

Any ship can be replaced with all the benefits as far as I know. You can even exceed the limit of 8000 for a fleet.

Individual Types are these:

Of which I know are: 24 is Jupiter Mk2, 26 is Orion and 27 Defender, 0 Jupiter.
Using the trick of making multiplayer fleets then looking them up in the multiplayer_fleets.bsgfleets file I found all the ShipType IDs for the Colonial Fleet.

6 - Manticore
12 - Berserk
5 - Adamant
3 - Ranger
14 - Celestra
4 - Minotaur
2 - Atlas
0 - Jupiter
19 - Heracles
15 - Minerva
1 - Artemis
13 - Janus
24 - Jupiter Mk2
27 - Defender
26 - Orion
29 - Mercury
30 - Valkyrie
Hope this helps everyone.
Victor_shaw

Post by Victor_shaw »

nevermind I figured it out.
Victor_shaw

Post by Victor_shaw »

For example, search:

Change it to:

For Mercury Battlestar
or
For Valkyrie Battlestar

So after multiple tries at this I have gotten two results.
1.corrupt file so it can't load, can be fixed with reverting to previous number.
2. puts a cylon marker there that doesn't work, and if it was part of a fleet the whole fleet is useless.
MustrumRidcully0
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by MustrumRidcully0 »

Victor_shaw wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:43 pm

For example, search:

Change it to:

For Mercury Battlestar
or
For Valkyrie Battlestar

So after multiple tries at this I have gotten two results.
1.corrupt file so it can't load, can be fixed with reverting to previous number.
2. puts a cylon marker there that doesn't work, and if it was part of a fleet the whole fleet is useless.
I accomplished something resembling 2 as well, but there is a trick, to actually use a fleet with a Mercury Class ship - you must go to your Fleet List. You can select and command it from there, and it will work. (I am playing the original campaign with the big strategy board).

The weird thing is that I managed to get _one_ Mercury in my game, but the second time I tried it, I also ended up with a corrupted/unloadable/invisible save file. Despite actually copy & pasting the complete entry of the Merury that is working onto another ship in another fleet. I noticed that there is an ID that I presume need to be unique, but even changing that to a different one did not work.
So I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, why it worked only for one ship but no the second.
john92

Post by john92 »

Wow this is so cool, how do you replace fighter types as well? Need the Mk7 with the Mercury :D
psxyke

Post by psxyke »

john92 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:52 pm Wow this is so cool, how do you replace fighter types as well? Need the Mk7 with the Mercury :D
It is even easier:

Search UnlockedSquadrons

You will find this:

UnlockedSquadrons":[0,2,1,4,0,2,0,2,5,0,2,3,0,2]

Just add this:

UnlockedSquadrons":[0,2,1,4,0,2,0,2,5,0,2,3,0,2,113]

Save the file. And you will find the option to equip the squad but only for the Mercury Battlestar and Valkyrie Battlestar.

For those who have trouble changing a ship to a Mercury or Valkyrie, remember to only change the number:

For example, search:

ShipType":26

This is a Jupiter Mk2 class ship

Change it to:

ShipType":29
For Mercury Battlestar
or
ShipType":30
For Valkyrie Battlestar
Last edited by psxyke on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john92

Post by john92 »

psxyke wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:18 pm
john92 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:52 pm Wow this is so cool, how do you replace fighter types as well? Need the Mk7 with the Mercury :D
It is even easier:

Search UnlockedSquadrons

You will find this:

UnlockedSquadrons":[0,2,1,4,0,2,0,2,5,0,2,3,0,2]

Just add this:

UnlockedSquadrons":[0,2,1,4,0,2,0,2,5,0,2,3,0,2,113]

Save the file. And you will find the option to equip the squad but only for the Mercury Battlestar and Valkyrie Battlestar.

For those who have trouble changing a ship to a Mercury or Valkyrie, remember to only change the number:

For example, search:

ShipType":26

This is a Jupiter Mk2 class ship

Change it to:

ShipType":29
For Mercury Battlestar
or
For Valkyrie Battlestar
One more thing, is there a way to replace.. say in the blueprint area Artemis -> Valkyrie, Minerva -> Mercury and Jup -> Jup Mk2?
psxyke

Post by psxyke »

One more thing, is there a way to replace.. say in the blueprint area Artemis -> Valkyrie, Minerva -> Mercury and Jup -> Jup Mk2?
I think that is outside of what can be done with editing a save.
john92

Post by john92 »

psxyke wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:43 pm
I think that is outside of what can be done with editing a save.
This is great anyhow! The campaign almost feels like the second war without the CNP frak-up :D
john92

Post by john92 »

Hmmmm, now that I'm thinking about it, we can replace all basestars with the modern one can we? I recall seeing some cylon fleet names in the save file, so i assume those can be changed too. What codes would be necessary for them to spawn with modern raiders?
Riekopo

Post by Riekopo »

Is there a way to increase the fleet cap limit in the campaign? I really wish I could have slightly bigger fleets in the campaign even if the game isn't balanced for it.
Riekopo

Post by Riekopo »

No one knows?

Return to “Battlestar Galactica Deadlock”