Godendag 2021

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Godendag 2021

Post by viking123 »

Firestorm Games Cardiff has reopened and subject to any adverse developments in the Covid-19 situation it is proposed to run a FOG R competition as part of Godendag 2021.
The details of the competition are below: -
15mm FOG RENAISSANCE SINGLES COMPETITION

16th/17th January 2021
Venue: Firestorm Games, Trade Street, Penarth Road Cardiff, CF10 5DT
Tel: 02920 227117)
(Tickets are available from - https://www.thebattlefields.co.uk/event ... -years-war)

Rules: - Field of Glory Renaissance with all agreed amendments.

Cost: - £20

Points: - 820 points plus the value of their cheapest base cost i.e. if the cheapest points for a base are 5 points then the player can have up to 825 points in their army.

Theme – The Thirty Year War (23 May 1618 – 15 May 1648).

Armies from:- Catholic Armies:
Early Thirty Years German Catholic
Later Imperial Spanish
30 Years War Peninsular Spanish
Later 30 Years War German
Polish Commonwealth (Clash of Empires)

Protestant Armies:
Early Thirty Years War German Protestant
Hungarian Transylvanian
Later 30 Years War German
30 Years War Danish
Early 30 Years War Swedish
Later 30 Years War Swedish and Weimarian
Later 80 Years War Dutch
30 Years War French

List Checker and umpire – Ben Jones (ben@benedictjones.plus.com ). Lists to Ben by Saturday 5th January 2021
Time Table and other Information
Officially doors open on the Saturday and Sunday at 9am (but they may actually be open before that time)
It is possible to leave figures and terrain at Firestorm but obviously this is done at the owners risk. Free and plentiful parking is also outside Firestorm Games.

Time Table for Games –
Registration time on Saturday 9:00am to 9:20am
Games will be:
Saturday: 1st Game 9.30 - 1.00 and 2nd Game 2.00 - 5.30
Sunday: 1st Game 9.00 - 12.30 and 2nd Game 1.30 - 5.00
Games will be taking 3 hours 20 mins plus a 1-10 min(s) variable calculated by the Umpire
When time is called, play will continue until the end of the current phase regardless of which player’s turn it is. Each player is responsible for completing their own score card. Once completed hand the score card to Bob Medcraft who will be organising the next round draw
Other Information: -
Players must supply their own terrain pieces. These must be to an acceptable standard, and the umpire will have the discretion to remove unsightly items.

Players must be present and ready to start the match at the appointed time. Where a player has a reasonable excuse for arriving late the match start will be delayed by up to 30 minutes. After which time the effected player will be awarded maximum points.
If a player resigns from a game at any stage after the first set up dice have been rolled their opponents will be awarded maximum points, and they will be awarded 0 points.

Covid – 19: -
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation and for the comfort and safety of all Firestorm Games patrons and staff the following will be in place until further notice –
Everyone must comply with any Government and Firestorm Games requirements in respect to face covering and social distancing
You MUST purchase a relevant ticket, online, BEFORE entering the venue.
Tickets will be available ONLY as per the specified schedule.
This is so Firestorm Games can control numbers and have a record of all those who have attended on specific days for the purpose of contact tracing compliance.
The capacity of the venue has been restricted. If there is no ticket or the tickets are sold out it is because the space is full or is being used for a specific event.
Buzz0000
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Godendag 2021

Post by Buzz0000 »

Ticket bought - just gotta figure which Army!
TrevAllen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TrevAllen »

As I dont have a specific 15mm 30 YW army, I am looking into what I can actually field. Hopefully ECW flags wont be too off putting as I was impressed with the choice I can probably use, and certainly with last years event.

Trev
Buzz0000

Post by Buzz0000 »

I learnt a trick from Ray a few years ago (I am sure there are others too!) to never stick my flags on the pikes or standards so that they are inter-changeable and so for the most part the TYW/ECW figures can be interchangeable between Hapsburgs against the Ottomans, Swedes against all comers etc without too much fuss from my opponents (or maybe they were just being kind). For the most part we want to enjoy the gaming and not get too precious about the exactitude's of uniform details! They are basically all 4+2 packs of foot and 4 packs of horse! David (B)
TrevAllen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TrevAllen »

All my ECW's are just that, and as such have attached flags. Must admit all my 28's have interchangeable flags. Not intending to change the 15's though. I certainly intend to come on down to S. Wales, as I have a position to improve on ( should'nt be too hard in comparison to this year).
BaronVonWreckedoften
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

I can't make this, as it's my birthday weekend and the Baroness has something planned for me, but is this still going ahead, given the problems with COVID in Wales (and the rest of the country generally - my own area will be Tier 4 from Boxing Day)?

Edit: Just read on another thread that it has been cancelled. Sorry to hear that, but probably for the best, all things considered (eg the age/state of health of most of us!).

Return to “Tournaments ”