iPad iOS 14 BUG FIX

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Spigel
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

iPad iOS 14 BUG FIX

Post by Spigel »

HI, PLEASE FIX THE BUG WITH A BLACK SCREEN FOR IPAD IOS 14! I’M THE BIGGEST FAN OF WH 40K ARMAGEDDON, BUT I CANNOT PLAY IT ANYMORE!
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: iPad iOS 14 BUG FIX

Post by DonCzirr »

Same here - please patch to correct.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Spigel

Post by Spigel »

I think they are just ignoring us. So pity!
firefly105
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by firefly105 »

Any chance of a fix for this iOS issue, I’d just updated for more content then iOS updated and now nothing loads after the intro screen. Please update
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

It looks like a recent iOS update has broken Armageddon so we've taken the sad decision to remove it from sale on the app store to avoid customers buying and not being able to play. We're very sad about this and disappointed Apple has done it again and can understand your frustration. Please contact Apple for refunds, but unfortunately they don't give us any way to help you. Alternatively you can keep a device on an older OS version and continue to play.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Interesting ... Panzer Corps still works after IOS 14 and these 2 titles share the same core engine yes ?

I would have thought that would be a minor fix compared to the major re-write situation you guys balked on with IOS 11 ...

Spigel

Post by Spigel »

It’s just require a little patch, because game CAN be playable if you will watch intro. Slitherline, stop lying to your customers, nobody will refund my money! Fix the game please!
edkaufman

Post by edkaufman »

I can confirm that the game works if you just let the intro play out. I also would be eternally grateful if this could be fixed since (with all due respect), the intro does get really old really fast.
Sheerhulk

Post by Sheerhulk »

IainMcNeil wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:39 pm It looks like a recent iOS update has broken Armageddon so we've taken the sad decision to remove it from sale on the app store to avoid customers buying and not being able to play. We're very sad about this and disappointed Apple has done it again and can understand your frustration. Please contact Apple for refunds, but unfortunately they don't give us any way to help you. Alternatively you can keep a device on an older OS version and continue to play.
The game works if you let the intro play through without touching the screen. So it can only be a minor bug that can be fixed. The response above is just lazy.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Sheerhulk wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:20 pm
IainMcNeil wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:39 pm It looks like a recent iOS update has broken Armageddon so we've taken the sad decision to remove it from sale on the app store to avoid customers buying and not being able to play. We're very sad about this and disappointed Apple has done it again and can understand your frustration. Please contact Apple for refunds, but unfortunately they don't give us any way to help you. Alternatively you can keep a device on an older OS version and continue to play.
The game works if you let the intro play through without touching the screen. So it can only be a minor bug that can be fixed. The response above is just lazy.
Don't think laziness is the cause.

Seems to be just one more opportunity for Slitherine to disengage from mobile as part of their strategic planning.

At this point they see mobile as Low Profit / Annoying to maintain while PC and Consoles are More profit / Less Annoying.

I understand the business logic although (with certain operational / software life cycle adjustments) I believe they could modify that whole equation into something positive for them and their developers.

But it's a done deal. Time to look at alternatives:

1. When at home, pick up Armageddon via Steam on sale for a few dollars. Use SteamLink to play PC version via IOS in the house. Works like a charm - I have both.

2. Get other TBS on IOS that are willing to invest in that platform : Wars Across the World, Pacific Fire, Carrier Battles for Guadal Canal. Sci-Fi TBS ? Scythe just came out on IOS. More tactical - KOTOR II or any Trese Brothers game ....

Websnail

Post by Websnail »

Removing the game from the store does not help me as a paying customer. This is not enough. I loved that you games were also on iOS and bought many of them.

Return to “Tech Support”