Has the ability to zoom out been improved?

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
TokyoDan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Has the ability to zoom out been improved?

Post by TokyoDan »

I bought this game when it first came out in 2017 and only played it one or two times because I didn't like the fact that although you could zoom way in, you couldn't zoom out very far. Well, I fired it up again a few days ago and it is not like I remember. First of all it looks a lot better. But now I can zoom way out. I really like this. So in my almost 4 year absence from playing Sanctus Reach has there been a patch that fixed/improved the zoom out ability?
tokyodan on Steam
GrumpyInTokyo on twitter and GETTR
Ted Hussman on Facebook
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Has the ability to zoom out been improved?

Post by zakblood »

yes, was a mod that most used at the start and in testing and was eventually added to the game if memory was correct, i always altered the game view so i could zoom in and out alot more than the default, while it sometimes caused some clipping issues, it was enough to make the game imo look and feel better so i lived with it, then the game was altered and suited more players with a better zoom level, so never really altered it since
TokyoDan

Post by TokyoDan »

Thanks for the update.
tokyodan on Steam
Ted Hussman on Facebook
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You can (a) add the line

NOZOOMLIMIT 1

to the USER.TXT file in Documents/My Games/SANCTUS which removes any zoom limit at all. Or you can (b) open the installer folder and navigate to DATA and open the MAPVIEW.TXT file which will allow you to tinker with the various camera view and limits as desired. Editing this file will not affect MP etc even though it is in the main install.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
TokyoDan

Post by TokyoDan »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:59 pm You can (a) add the line

NOZOOMLIMIT 1

to the USER.TXT file in Documents/My Games/SANCTUS which removes any zoom limit at all. Or you can (b) open the installer folder and navigate to DATA and open the MAPVIEW.TXT file which will allow you to tinker with the various camera view and limits as desired. Editing this file will not affect MP etc even though it is in the main install.

Cheers

Pip
I tried limiting the zoom in by changing the value of ZOOMINLIMIT in MAPVIEW.TXT. I tried 100 and 1 but neither had any effect. I want to limit the zoom in because I don't need to see minute details of the model textures.

UPDATE---------
I just found out that for any changes in MAPVIEW.TXT to be recognized the Advanced Camera option must be UNCHECKED. I also think that the tooltip help text for that option is wrong. Now it reads "Reduce camera movement and view angle limits" which is very misleading. I think it should read something like: "If checked, use default camera settings. If unchecked, use settings in MAPVIEW.TXT".
tokyodan on Steam
Ted Hussman on Facebook

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”