MP error, not able to log in for a day (Netherlands)

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

pupski
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

MP error, not able to log in for a day (Netherlands)

Post by pupski »

Hi, I can not login to the my Multiplayer tournament matches. For about a day now. Other Slitherine games work fine online. It started after the automatic update (yesterday for me) to the latest version via Steam. I did all the checks, restarts, file checks etc and all should be fine. Input appreciated, thanks.
pupski

Re: MP error, not able to log in for a day (Netherlands)

Post by pupski »

Oh wait, it is only one of my games so it is probably a file error, will post to tech support I guess?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi Pupski,

We've had a look at this tournament game, it looks like there's a been a technical SNAFU as the game file uploaded by your opponent is empty!

If it was a non-tournament game we'd try to roll it back, but I don't want to risk the integrity of the tournament as a whole.

My proposal is to say Mea Culpa on behalf of Slitherine and Artistocrats and give you both the Bye score of 75 points to reflect that there was no fault for either of you.
pupski

Post by pupski »

If it is not fixable I think this would be a decent solution for both. None of us was for sure winning in a big way. I informed my opponent on the problem in the mirrored game.
Celeborn

Post by Celeborn »

Ack I may be having the same problem :-\
Bombur
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Bombur »

I´m having the same trouble.
pupski

Post by pupski »

In an instant of almost unattainable wisdom I remembered I could contact support by email. In my case the file I received was an empty file. If I remember correctly it would be possible to reset the turn but because it was a tournament match it would seem unfair to give one of the contenders another go at the same turn while already having knowledge of/on the fog of war. So this was resolved by both players receiving the 75 points that are awarded when players don't show up. In our case that was reasonable, it was a tight match and I couldn't imagine one side or the other making a real breakthrough.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Multiplayer”