Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

brianjones17
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by brianjones17 »

PaganCyC wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:55 am
brianjones17 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:48 pm Help anyone as the German player I hold all victory hexs in Berlin with only Russian units outside the city to the north. I thought that when I took the 10th Victory hex in the south east corner of the city that I would be the winner ???? what do I need to do to achieve Victory
The game starts with the German player controlling all 10 VHs. I believe you need to take all the Soviet supply hexes and destroy all Soviet units to have the game end.
For everyone's information At the end of turn 15 I controlled all 10 VHs and no Soviet supply hexes and was Victorious and received the 500 bonus points. What I should have done was to destroy more Soviet units for more points. Good luck all in this city battle for Berlin : )
BRIANJONES17
Bagatrix1805
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Bagatrix1805 »

To the Organizer/adjudicator of this tournament, please moving forward with other tournaments remove players who give up half way through or don't show up at all. I understand things happen but not like this.

OK so my opponent SHAME ON HIM Boroda_SSL was playing fast initially, then when he started to lose in both games stopped completely being the Russian attacking and left that game have not seen a turn in maybe 2 weeks, however he continued to play on in the other as it was closer, I won in the end but he just stopped doing the other turns. BORODA_SSL you have no honor.

Clearly this is not due to any holiday or illness or moving house etc as he continued to the end in the other game. I cant win the tournament so am not complaining about the scores its just a real pain not to be playing.

So if in future the organizer wants to encourage play please do not allow this behavior ,I can understand missing a game , I went away for Christmas and so unfortunately did not complete either games but i also in the game informed my opponent and apologized but at least he was aware. I have had games where i could have given up as I was getting beaten in one game but you play it out to the end.

Please address this and finally a message to BORODA_SSL I sincerely hope that you too will have this done to you in the future and often so you can enjoy the same frustration at not being able to play.
kissofpain
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by kissofpain »

Same thing for me. It is the 2nd game where my opponent stops playing mid game, after his defeat became obvious. So I am looking at a game where I will get less than 2k, even tho I should be getting 4k like everyone else that smashes their opponents. But no...

And btw, I am fighting at close to 20th placem so at this high level of board we still have this sore losers that stop playing when they lose. These players should be banned from the tournamet so they dont't do the same thing again to other players.

And players that are affected should get the points they deserve, that is full VH points for the remaining turns plus the victory bouns. And they will still be getting less due to missing the destroyed units points.

We should also get a resign button that automatically closes the game and, in terms of points, does the exact thing I explained above.

Oh well, so far this tournament left me a bitter taste. Being screwed twice with the early victory bug and then twice due to non play. Such a great game and great potential and so little involvment from the devs. :(
Bagatrix1805

Post by Bagatrix1805 »

kissofpain wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:10 pm Same thing for me. It is the 2nd game where my opponent stops playing mid game, after his defeat became obvious. So I am looking at a game where I will get less than 2k, even tho I should be getting 4k like everyone else that smashes their opponents. But no...

And btw, I am fighting at close to 20th placem so at this high level of board we still have this sore losers that stop playing when they lose. These players should be banned from the tournamet so they dont't do the same thing again to other players.

And players that are affected should get the points they deserve, that is full VH points for the remaining turns plus the victory bouns. And they will still be getting less due to missing the destroyed units points.

We should also get a resign button that automatically closes the game and, in terms of points, does the exact thing I explained above.

Oh well, so far this tournament left me a bitter taste. Being screwed twice with the early victory bug and then twice due to non play. Such a great game and great potential and so little involvment from the devs. :(
I have had almost the exact experience, first 2 or 3 rounds i won but did not score points then had 2-3 no show or sore losers it makes a mockery of the tournamnet
Pink1y
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Pink1y »

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone could enlighten me regarding the awarding of points for the abandonment of a game?

During the Kasserine round my opponent was losing in both games and gave up half way through, something I know has happened to many of us. I was awarded 1419 points for the round, which is what I had scored up till the point that he called it quits. I assumed I should have been awarded the 2000 points we are given in the case of a no show by the opponent (ie to bring my points up from 1419 to 2000), or do we just take the points we have earned?
kissofpain
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by kissofpain »

In my game I was awarded 1k for my attack and was left with whatever points I had for my defense. I don't know why the system does not register as no show both games.

Edit: This round I remained with the points I had, even tho my opponent was recognized as quiter by the system - it has a small T near his name.
kissofpain
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by kissofpain »

karste70 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:43 pm hello i play in this round with

SteelTiger007

he wrote to me that i am a cheater, because i changed my units with germany in the first rounds.
I deleted some units and built new one,

Now he write he will not end the game, because i am a cheater, please can someone help me.
I tryed to write a pm but but the system says he can t read it.

Amazing! I just realized today that you complained about other players quiting on you and this round you did the exact same thing to me. Shame on you! :(
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

Has there been a Slitherine's server crash ?

In my game as Allied, I was playing turn 2. I had not enough time to finish my turn so I quit/saved the game. Everything went fine (datas seem to have been correctly uploaded to the server). When I came back later to finish my turn, I was back at my turn 1 ! Which means my turn 1, my turn 2, and my opponent's turn 2 have been lost !
Points have also been erased from scoreboard...

You can see that on the screenshots below... (opponent is Brausebad)
IMG_5923.PNG
IMG_5923.PNG (1002.08 KiB) Viewed 779 times
IMG_5924.PNG
IMG_5924.PNG (580.52 KiB) Viewed 779 times
Brausebad
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Brausebad »

Trepko wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:28 pm Has there been a Slitherine's server crash ?

In my game as Allied, I was playing turn 2. I had not enough time to finish my turn so I quit/saved the game. Everything went fine (datas seem to have been correctly uploaded to the server). When I came back later to finish my turn, I was back at my turn 1 ! Which means my turn 1, my turn 2, and my opponent's turn 2 have been lost !
Points have also been erased from scoreboard...

You can see that on the screenshots below... (opponent is Brausebad)

IMG_5923.PNG

IMG_5924.PNG

When my entire completed move is gone, I ask someone from support to take a look at it urgently. I finished it and got points. :evil:
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

I suggest to wait a little bit (either the situation goes back to normal, or at least someone from Support answers us).

If nothing happens, we will have to re-play our game from nearly 0, but that would be a pity (and a shame)...
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

A lot of stability issues as of late. In my game it just crashed on uploading a round...

kissofpain
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by kissofpain »

My game also crushes from time to time. Especially tends to do so when I have an incredible great turn.

Even worse, my opponents seem to crush on me too, when I have a particulary good game.

Except from current opponent, thank you for a good game altermann!

Edit: As defender, I have conquered all of attacker's hexes and killed all his units, but the game won't end. The defender can't get victory same as attacker?

Edit2: At game end the scoring system awarded me 500 extra points for wining with the defender.
Last edited by kissofpain on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

kissofpain wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:40 pm My game also crushes from time to time. Especially tends to do so when I have an incredible great turn.

Even worse, my opponents seem to crush on me too, when I have a particulary good game.

Except from current opponent, thank you for a good game altermann!

Edit: As defender, I have conquered all of attacker's hexes and killed all his units, but the game won't end. The defender can't get victory same as attacker?
The defender can't get a victory as an attacker - in the meaning that you wanted it to. Otherwise, you can just win by holding them VCs till last turn. Only problem with this system is that if you crush your opponent badly you gotta pray that he actually plays his remaining turns or no 500 point bonus for you. Happened to me twice, stings every damn time ;-(
kissofpain
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by kissofpain »

Been there twice too, totally ruined my score. However, this time, I had a honorable opponent that played till the end.

It's a shame the scoring system in this tournament is so badly implemented that we have to pray the opponent is going to keep playing in case he is losing...

Personaly I keep playing in order to get as many points as possible.
ChristianC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ChristianC »

I've finished dealing with the login inactive error message (which happens both when you log in through Steam or Slitherine I've realized), so I upload the game every couple moves to save.

But now I get a new error message (below). I exited the game, logged back in multiple times and getting it consistently. Anyone else getting this? I have not seen this one before. Although I love this game, MP in particular, I have other things to do than stay up late repeatedly playing my turn. Sirgr3x, I really do apologize and hopefully this stops becoming an issue tomorrow.

If anyone else has a passion for this game, but is fed up with the lack of communication on behalf of the developers, I encourage you to boycott future DLC and publish a negative review. I don't know what else will pressure them to fix problems that get brought up again and again like a broken record. They don't acknowledge them, so how do we know they are even working on them? Fixing the base game should be the priority, not making more DLCs for us to buy.

- PlannedParenthood
whitescale
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by whitescale »

Hello,

To my current opponent for this new round, please start the game turn. I would like to play. If you do not want to play, then please forfeit the game. So, we can move on. Thank you. Whitescale
whitescale

Post by whitescale »

Hello,

To my current opponent for this new round, please start the game turn. I would like to play. If you do not want to play, then please forfeit the game. So, we can move on. Thank you. Whitescale
ElLobo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by ElLobo »

Dear Commando43

I´m sorry fro writting here in public, but i do not see any other possibility to contact you:
I would love it when you come back for playing/continue playing so that we can finish this game!!
It´s a championship and the points we can gain during the next few rounds are important for both of us!!!
So please come back playing!!!

with kind regards

your´s "El Lobo"
whitescale

Post by whitescale »

whitescale wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:56 am Hello,

Again, to my opponent: AXRIX, please start your turn for this current round. I have sent you a private message, and no response. I love playing this game, but do not like to have a score of 0 because of lack of effort from opponents. Please start the turn. Thank you.

Whitescale361
CronusMaximus

Post by CronusMaximus »

I just wanted to thank my opponent(mh5064) of round 10 of this tournament for truly challenging and enjoyable battles ... and that he fought well.

Ron
aka CronusMaximus

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”