TDC - Archive

Moderators: kronenblatt, ericdoman1, carpenkm, harveylh, Karvon, Geffalrus, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

anderarcos11
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: TDC Imperial - Results

Post by anderarcos11 »

Thanks! see you in the next
Stones1985
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: TDC - Classical - Posting Results

Post by Stones1985 »

Division A

I (Stones 1985) have two outstanding current games but I can't post screenshots as in both cases it is my opponents move and they haven't done so for several days.

Against El Tomato I believe the score at the end of my turn was around 25 to 5 in my favour.

Against luciussulla I believe the score at the end of my turn was about 15-22 in his favour.

Perhaps if my opponents are following this thread they can post the screenshots or confirm the scores.

(Geffalrus - willing to take your word for it)
wzfcns
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Early Medieval - Posting results

Post by wzfcns »

Sadly the deadline has passed so there will be no more changes, but thankfully my opponent could finish this game with me.
The Vikings won this honorable victory against their own brother who had the stronger cavalry!
wzfcns(Viking 900-1049 with French 888 -1049)defeat DirtyMark Danish 1050-1154 AD with German (Imperial) 1050-1154 AD,
68-47
Working on the Silk Road mod for FOG2 and FOG2:Medieval.
klayeckles
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by klayeckles »

div a

Against El Tomato, no game as he didn't reply to my challenge

Against luciussulla 0-0....game didn't start until late and didn't progress
klayeckles

Post by klayeckles »

div a

Geffalrus, i'm not seeing our game posted here...
if i recall it ended at nightfall...the score was something like 54 to 40 and you were ahead.
hscic
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: TDC Later Medieval - Results & Final Division Standings

Post by hscic »

ADJUDICATION

For games not finished, please post a screenshot here on May 7th showing the latest turn with the score in the upper left hand corner clearly visible. If this presents a problem, contact me and I will provide you with my email so you can send me the screenshot. These screenshots will be adjudicated. On May 8th, if I don’t have a screenshot both players will receive 0-0 score.
Sorry I understood TDC was over on 7th but there was time to send the screenshot untill the 8th.
ericdoman1
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by ericdoman1 »

hscic wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:57 am ADJUDICATION

For games not finished, please post a screenshot here on May 7th showing the latest turn with the score in the upper left hand corner clearly visible. If this presents a problem, contact me and I will provide you with my email so you can send me the screenshot. These screenshots will be adjudicated. On May 8th, if I don’t have a screenshot both players will receive 0-0 score.
Sorry I understood TDC was over on 7th but there was time to send the screenshot untill the 8th.
23.59 UK time, 7th May was the end of TDC I. So if no screenshot was received by then, it would now be 8th May and scores would be adjudicated as 0 - 0. Hope that clarifies things. Thanks for entering and hope to see you in TDC II. A Bientot.
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

klayeckles wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:39 am div a

Geffalrus, i'm not seeing our game posted here...
if i recall it ended at nightfall...the score was something like 54 to 40 and you were ahead.
42-57 according to my final screenshot. A rollicking melee until the final moments. :D

I've been collecting the final adjudicated results, so I'll post ours with that shortly, along with the final tables.
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
Joch1955
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Joch1955 »

this was a fun tournament, thank you to the organisers. Looking forward to TDC II.
deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by deeter »

I have one uncompleted game vs. Lyn57. I posted the challenge and PMed on April 13 but never got a reply.

Deeter
deeter

Post by deeter »

I have one uncompleted game vs. Lyn57. I posted the challenge and PMed on April 13 but never got a reply.

Deeter
Stones1985
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Stones1985 »

Stones1985 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:31 pm Division A

I (Stones 1985) have two outstanding current games but I can't post screenshots as in both cases it is my opponents move and they haven't done so for several days.

Against El Tomato I believe the score at the end of my turn was around 25 to 5 in my favour.

Against luciussulla I believe the score at the end of my turn was about 15-22 in his favour.

Perhaps if my opponents are following this thread they can post the screenshots or confirm the scores.

(Geffalrus - willing to take your word for it)
Further to my message above El Tomato made his turn today - the score at the beginning was actually 31 to 7 to me and at the end of my turn it is now finished at 50 to 7.

(Geffalrus - unfortunately, this is past the deadline, so I will be using the previously submitted score. Captain's orders I'm afraid.)
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Final match results and scores for Divisions A and B:
Classical Div A B Final.png
Classical Div A B Final.png (25.26 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Divisions C and D:
Classical Div C D Final.png
Classical Div C D Final.png (24.31 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Division E:
Classical Div E Final.png
Classical Div E Final.png (12.21 KiB) Viewed 696 times
Holien
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Holien »

A big thanks to Geffalrus and the others helping to make the TDC happen and a successful first outing. Big boots to fill but I think you can be pleased with getting this up and running. I appreciate the work done by you all. Thank you.
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Whew. It's been ~three months give or take and we're finally here at the final results. Round of applause for all the participants. This season of TDC Classical saw some excellent turnout, and I hope that we can keep the enthusiasm up going forward. For now, let's review the highs and the lows.

Division A

Tyronec the Titan continued his reign of Terror, coming in first in the ultra competitive (if somewhat slow to finish) A division. There was really no doubt. A commanding lead of of almost 200 points over second place ericdoman1 resulting from his 8 wins, Tyronec was only really slowed down by third place finisher Klayekcles, who had to breach the 60% victory threshold just to obtain a win over the Elite Epeirotes. Eric and Klay finished with respectable scores and positive win/loss ratios to their credit. At the bottom, however, was El-Tomato, who struggled all season with finishing matches. Multiple adjudicated unfinished matches with 0-0 scores dragged down his total points, and left him at the bottom of Division A. Better luck next season!

Division B

Holien comes out on top of B division with a very respectable record of 7-1-1 and 654 points. Close on his heels was Aetius39, a veteran of the World Team Championship and one of the two Team America captains participating in Classical. The rest of B division were packed in pretty close behind Aetius due to a large amount of Draw results fought to the bitter end. But no one - NO ONE - gets more Draw results than KARVON THE CHAOTIC. A legend for years in the Digital League, Karvon frustrated 6 of his opponents for a combined total of 144 turns. That is ENDURANCE, ladies and gentlemen. At the bottom of the division came MarcoCato75, who earned a decent amount of points, but failed to secure the necessary wins to get above fellow competitor nyczar.

Division C

When he wasn't being a showoff by completing results tables FASTER :wink: than the section organizer, DocVanNos spent his time leading his Parthian/Seleucid hybrid army into 8 solid victories over his competition. His only weakness ended up being the pikes of the Macedonians led by Deeter. Solid results from the rest of the division kept things close until the very end when poor Morat came in just 20 points behind Deeter the Kingslayer. Other than Doc's killstreak of murder, this division seemed fairly balanced as no player was completely shut out from scoring a win or two.

Division D

Much like B division, division D had a very close race at the top where bodhran came in 40 points ahead of Rob123. To add extra spice to the soup - Rob123 had 7 wins to bodhran's 6 wins and 1 draw. Just goes to show that fighting hard and routing as much of your enemy as possible, win or lose, shall be rewarded by Ares, God of War. The anomalies continued farther down the list as Tomoegozen, with his 3 wins and high point score, came in ahead of mh5064 and gfs26 and their 5 wins. When in doubt, worship Khorne! :wink: Alas, poor ulysisgrunt narrowly came in at the bottom with only 2 wins and 445 points.

Division E

Big round of applause for Hoel, who took first place in E division with a CLEAN SWEEP!!!! Kashtronomical and SgtOgre did their best, pulling in a number of wins and points that would have resulted in the top spot in any other circumstance. The rest of the players put in strong performances, with the bottom spot falling to Fluidwill who came in just behind Fudwuppel despite having 1 more win under his belt.

Congratulations to all the players who got through this first season! And as you all move on to future matches and tournament seasons, remember the immortal words of RNGesus: "May the Impact Odds be ever in your favor..."

(P.S. Thank you ericdoman1, Karvon, harveylh, and all the others in the behind the scenes organizing committee for all the good work you did. Most especially the patience you showed with me and my frequent futile fights with the excel spreadsheet program.)
SpeedyCM

Post by SpeedyCM »

Thanks for organising this tournaments guys, you all did great.
Got to say I really like the scoring system that discourages playing for the low scoring draw.
Holien

Post by Holien »

Got to say I really like the scoring system that discourages playing for the low scoring draw.
Yep seconded.

My second game ever vs Karvon was a learning experience. :D
DocVanNostrand
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DocVanNostrand »

Thanks so much Geffalrus (and Eric et al.) for organizing and running this and for putting up with my sometimes-hobby of playing with excel ;)

And agree with the others - scoring clearly rewards playing to win which is great!
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Holien wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:41 am Yep seconded.

My second game ever vs Karvon was a learning experience. :D
Karvon's a great player to learn against. Interestingly enough, my first match against him in the Digital League saw me taking Antigonids vs. his Greco-Bactrians. I spent 90% of that match marching back and forth across the entire map trying to pin down his cavalry. In fact, it was those tactics that I was forced to remember after my first few attempts at playing Bactrians "normally" this season, crashed and burned.
IMC
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by IMC »

Yes! Great job everyone...Looking forward to the next one. :-)

Return to “Field of Glory II: The Divisional Championships”