Skirmish random maps

Fantasy General II - Invasion is the reimagination of the strategy game classic from the 90s!

Armies once again draw battle-lines on the war-torn land of Keldonia, and a new generation of commanders will test their bravery and tactics against each other. Fantasy wargaming is back!
MerlinTheWise
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Skirmish random maps

Post by MerlinTheWise »

I'm not sure what else to do - I can only find randomized maps for Castles conquest (last skirmish scenario). All other are only presets with some themes (archipelago, etc). I can't find the skirmish settings (map size etc) either.

The version I have is 01.02.12913.

What am I doing wrong?
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Skirmish random maps

Post by manickennel »

When you select Skirmish it should bring up a screen giving you an option to select your map, which should have eight options that you can select from... Rebellion, Valley Liberation, Walled City and so on. Are you not seeing these options?
Senior Producer of FOG Kingdoms, Scramble, Stargate, Broken Arrow and Ancient Arenas: Chariots
MerlinTheWise

Post by MerlinTheWise »

manickennel wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:20 am When you select Skirmish it should bring up a screen giving you an option to select your map, which should have eight options that you can select from... Rebellion, Valley Liberation, Walled City and so on. Are you not seeing these options?
I only get what you see in Screenshot1. I never got the menu in Screenshot 2. It seems that only Castle maps are randomly generated. This seems to violate both the manual and the announcement. For example, I can't choose the level of challenge, etc. (viewtopic.php?t=93909). Also, 'Themes' are never really explained.

https://ibb.co/j5nbnBb

https://ibb.co/Q94CJZs

As I understand, all types of maps should have the random generation option, which I'm not seeing. So what am I doing wrong?

Overall, I think, FG II would greatly benefit from a more detailed manual; at least I couldn't find explanation of much terminology.
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by manickennel »

Are you playing on console or PC?
Senior Producer of FOG Kingdoms, Scramble, Stargate, Broken Arrow and Ancient Arenas: Chariots
MerlinTheWise

Post by MerlinTheWise »

manickennel wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:34 pm Are you playing on console or PC?
I'm playing on a PC
lalefi
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by lalefi »

Hello, I play on pc too and I have the same problem.
Last edited by lalefi on Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by manickennel »

Hey - I am still trying to track down exactly what's going on here. Will let you know shortly. Thanks for your patience!
manickennel
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by manickennel »

So it took longer to find out than I imagined. Problem is that the Producer of the original game is gone, the development team aren't working on FGII any more (and are very busy working on something else), etc... Anyway, it seems that the issue is that the procedural maps for every scenario were dropped before launch, but are featured in the manual and I think made it into some videos too. So I am afraid that what you have in-game is correct but the documentation is wrong.

Return to “Fantasy General II - Invasion”