UI suggestions

Field of Glory II: Medieval

Moderator: rbodleyscott

ianiow
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: UI suggestions

Post by ianiow »

There doesn't appear to be any way of saving the game during the Deployment phase . This is the phase of the game where I do most of my thinking, so to have the option to save the game, take a break and come back to the problem a few hours later would be a boon.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

In SP you can save the game both in Force Selection and Deployment phases.

In MP you can't save it during Force Selection (there was a technical reason for that, although I can't immediately remember what it was), but you can save during the Deployment phase.
Richard Bodley Scott

RAZIDE
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by RAZIDE »

I would like the turn count listed under My Games in the multiplayer lobby.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

RAZIDE wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:01 pm I would like the turn count listed under My Games in the multiplayer lobby.
That is a good suggestion.

Although the turn is already stated in the notification emails if you sign up for those.
Richard Bodley Scott

MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by MVP7 »

When you turn an artillery unit and mouse over a potential target the UI will only tell "Can't shoot when moved". It would be more useful to see the full usual shooting info (out/half/full arc, in range, long range, blocked los etc) even in that situation so you could make more informed rotations with the artillery.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

MVP7 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:50 pm When you turn an artillery unit and mouse over a potential target the UI will only tell "Can't shoot when moved". It would be more useful to see the full usual shooting info (out/half/full arc, in range, long range, blocked los etc) even in that situation so you could make more informed rotations with the artillery.
Will think about this.
Richard Bodley Scott

SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Filter the minimap to show unrouted units only
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:14 pm Filter the minimap to show unrouted units only
Noted
Richard Bodley Scott

gribol
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by gribol »

Maybe this topic is not the best place to send this post, but i dont have got better idea, where to send it, so:

Can you change the font color on this forum from dark green to something lighter in places like: Moderator: rbodleyscott or in left down corner of the screen Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”", because its completelly invisible and blended with the background?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

gribol wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:57 am Maybe this topic is not the best place to send this post, but i dont have got better idea, where to send it, so:

Can you change the font color on this forum from dark green to something lighter in places like: Moderator: rbodleyscott or in left down corner of the screen Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”", because its completelly invisible and blended with the background?
Agreed. I will pass this on to IT.
Richard Bodley Scott

fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

I have hot seat mode turned on. But every time I restart the game, it defaults back to off. The settings should retain my choices.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

fogman wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:11 pm I have hot seat mode turned on. But every time I restart the game, it defaults back to off.
This is working as designed.
The settings should retain my choices.
In the case of Hot Seat we decided that it should not do so. Most people will only use Hot Seat some of the time, so the game defaults to turning it off when it starts.
Richard Bodley Scott

fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

This is very curious. It doesn't affect anyone who doesn't play hotseat to have it set to players' personal preference.
It says somewhere on the forum that only 5-10% of players play MP, so say, 1 out of 10 players. You seem very confident that less than 1 out of the remaining 9 don't play hotseat. But then again, hotseat wasn't even offered in Pike & Shot if I remember correctly.
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

fogman wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:36 pm This is very curious. It doesn't affect anyone who doesn't play hotseat to have it set to players' personal preference.
It says somewhere on the forum that only 5-10% of players play MP, so say, 1 out of 10 players. You seem very confident that less than 1 out of the remaining 9 don't play hotseat. But then again, hotseat wasn't even offered in Pike & Shot if I remember correctly.
I agree, it's confusing to have to turn it back on every time.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Jorgito78
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Jorgito78 »

Would it be possible to add an option for the banners to be displayed as either red and blue (Red - Side A; Blue - Side B)? Similar to Ancients style where most of the time, Side A has a dark red banner and side B a light blue.
I am suggesting this because I find it more difficult to distinguish units in Medieval than in Ancients.
So, it is harder to distinguish units here (Medieval)...
medieval.JPG
medieval.JPG (94.89 KiB) Viewed 279 times
...as opposed to this (Ancients)
ancients.JPG
ancients.JPG (102.57 KiB) Viewed 279 times
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Jorgito78 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:12 pm Would it be possible to add an option for the banners to be displayed as either red and blue (Red - Side A; Blue - Side B)? Similar to Ancients style where most of the time, Side A has a dark red banner and side B a light blue.
Is this what you're looking for?

Click the button to the bottom left and you'll get another options screen
change banners .jpg
change banners .jpg (280.43 KiB) Viewed 102 times
Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Jorgito78

Post by Jorgito78 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:13 pm
Is this what you're looking for?

Click the button to the bottom left and you'll get another options screen

change banners .jpg

Pat
I am aware of that option but it only works when banners are very similar (Civil Wars, etc).

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval”