1943 DLC Steam page up

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

RobMaughan
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

1943 DLC Steam page up

Post by RobMaughan »

Although you still cannot buy the new DLC the Steam store page has been updated with a page for it. There are a number of screenshots which I don't think have been shared previously.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1938 ... ons__1943/
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: 1943 DLC Steam page up

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

RobMaughan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:41 am Although you still cannot buy the new DLC the Steam store page has been updated with a page for it. There are a number of screenshots which I don't think have been shared previously.
screenshot 5 looks like we will get osttroppen or something along that lines!
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:44 am
RobMaughan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:41 am Although you still cannot buy the new DLC the Steam store page has been updated with a page for it. There are a number of screenshots which I don't think have been shared previously.
I think it's just a conscript, telling from the model...
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:37 pm
well yes but germans dont have conscripts as of now, they had volksturm as cheap infantry, so mby they just took russian conscript model and repurposed it as ostteuppen for germans, just my toughts on that screenshot :D
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:49 pm

well yes but germans dont have conscripts as of now, they had volksturm as cheap infantry, so mby they just took russian conscript model and repurposed it as ostteuppen for germans, just my toughts on that screenshot :D
They should have mentioned such a big addition in dev diary if that's the case...or maybe that's just a core made for taking such screenshots with units not actually available in campaign.
Raganr129
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Raganr129 »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:21 pm
BaronVonKrieg wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:49 pm

They should have mentioned such a big addition in dev diary if that's the case...or maybe that's just a core made for taking such screenshots with units not actually available in campaign.
I think most of the screenshots for previous DLCs have been from Kerensky or other testers playthroughs, and it wouldn't necessarily make sense to advertise that roster screen if it shows stuff not available to most players.

Which brings up the other interesting thing: do you see the traits on the yellow Tiger in that same screenshot (5)? It has 1 hero with urban combat, flag attacker, and reduced slots on it. Maybe Erich Hartmann isn't the only unique/historical hero we get, since that urban combat trait isn't in the normal hero draw pool. That screenshot may be there to hint it at us.

If it is another unique tank hero, I'm hoping/guessing for Michael Wittmann, Otto Carius, or Kurt Knispel.

Wittmann saw action at Kursk, and hasn't really been seen in Panzer corps before, only being featured in the first game as a non-core unit in a mission covering Villers-Bocage, and then gone afterwards. He would be an excellent choice for a second tank hero to pair up with Kerscher (your only tank hero that you get in '39).

Otto Carius was actually historically in the same unit as Albert Kerscher, the 502nd Heavy Panzer Battalion as of 1943, and they fought together in the Baltics, but I can't find anything about him being at Kursk. Carius is also known from Panzer Corps 1 being a gifted core unit in the Western campaign depicting his later assignment in a Jagdtiger (512th Heavy Panzerjäger Battalion).

Kurt Knispel is the one of the more interesting ideas. He fought at Kursk as part of the 503rd Heavy Panzer Battalion. His confirmed kill count was higher than either of the other two and is possibly the highest scoring panzer ace of WWII. He also wasn't featured in PzC1 to my recollection, potentially making him due for an appearance.
Funeral
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Funeral »

Kurt Knispel is the one of the more interesting ideas. He fought at Kursk as part of the 503rd Heavy Panzer Battalion. His confirmed kill count was higher than either of the other two and is possibly the highest scoring panzer ace of WWII. He also wasn't featured in PzC1 to my recollection, potentially making him due for an appearance.
He was! Like Carius he was a auxiliary unit in the "Prokhorovka"-Scenario.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

Raganr129 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:42 pm
Otto Carius was actually historically in the same unit as Albert Kerscher, the 502nd Heavy Panzer Battalion as of 1943, and they fought together in the Baltics, but I can't find anything about him being at Kursk.
He wasnt at Kursk. He was promoted to a lieutenant and in command of the second company of the the 502 at Leninggrad in june 43.During operation citadel he fought in the 3rd Ladoga battle at Leningrad. Carius is spreading "Wagner-vibes" :mrgreen: he preferred battlefield scouting in a "Kübelwagen" hehe
ChristianC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ChristianC »

I will not buy any more products from these guys until they start to at least feign some respect for the community. All the tournament screw ups, questions which are repeated in the scenario design forum for the past two years and they offer close to no support for this side of the community who want to do other things than just play their DLCs. If they don't have 10 minutes to spare in their day, week, month, YEAR to throw this part of the community a bone then they should hire someone to do so, because right now I wouldn't recommend anyone give money to these guys with the disposition they've shown so far. The current situation is shit.
Raganr129
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Raganr129 »

Funeral wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:41 am
Kurt Knispel ...
He was! Like Carius he was a auxiliary unit in the "Prokhorovka"-Scenario.
Hey, thanks! I definitely don't remember that. I'll have to go replay that campaign now :D

Carius was definitely a core unit though not an auxiliary. You get him in the Ardennes missions and I remember landing him in Sealion '45
paragan

Post by paragan »

ChristianC wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:38 am I will not buy any more products from these guys until they start to at least feign some respect for the community. All the tournament screw ups, questions which are repeated in the scenario design forum for the past two years and they offer close to no support for this side of the community who want to do other things than just play their DLCs. If they don't have 10 minutes to spare in their day, week, month, YEAR to throw this part of the community a bone then they should hire someone to do so, because right now I wouldn't recommend anyone give money to these guys with the disposition they've shown so far. The current situation is shit.
I think you are in wrong forum. Everyday developers respond to our questions. I don’t know any game company where you can ask person who designed mission, feature or graphic why or how he did it. With every patch or DLC game is better and better.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Raganr129 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:42 pm
I think most of the screenshots for previous DLCs have been from Kerensky or other testers playthroughs, and it wouldn't necessarily make sense to advertise that roster screen if it shows stuff not available to most players.

Which brings up the other interesting thing: do you see the traits on the yellow Tiger in that same screenshot (5)? It has 1 hero with urban combat, flag attacker, and reduced slots on it. Maybe Erich Hartmann isn't the only unique/historical hero we get, since that urban combat trait isn't in the normal hero draw pool. That screenshot may be there to hint it at us.

If it is another unique tank hero, I'm hoping/guessing for Michael Wittmann, Otto Carius, or Kurt Knispel.

Wittmann saw action at Kursk, and hasn't really been seen in Panzer corps before, only being featured in the first game as a non-core unit in a mission covering Villers-Bocage, and then gone afterwards. He would be an excellent choice for a second tank hero to pair up with Kerscher (your only tank hero that you get in '39).

Otto Carius was actually historically in the same unit as Albert Kerscher, the 502nd Heavy Panzer Battalion as of 1943, and they fought together in the Baltics, but I can't find anything about him being at Kursk. Carius is also known from Panzer Corps 1 being a gifted core unit in the Western campaign depicting his later assignment in a Jagdtiger (512th Heavy Panzerjäger Battalion).

That's what I'm also supposing. A new tank hero for the historical Kursk battle. Though from what I can remember the develop team had problem finding public domain photos for those famous soldiers, which forced them to give up on implementing one. Wittmann was possibly in that list, if my memory still serves.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

The day of release of this DLC is a holiday in my country :)
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

MUSIK!!!... NON-STOP!!!:

It is gratifying to try to replay those past events in 'History'... to try to get a feel and the mind-set for what was happening... and also for what was involved in trying to succeed to make these efforts successful.

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!… at the same time... a little-bit of what-if 'Fantasy' to experiment with... such as... the 'Known-Unknowns' is also an exciting probing researching action for those who wonder 'What-IF???'... to see what other possibilities could have been as outcomes.

Therefore!... Yes!...
CHANGING HISTORY IN CHAPTER 6 OF THE AXIS OPERATIONS GRAND CAMPAIGN
The Axis Operations 1943 DLC Campaign focuses entirely on the Eastern Front. But more importantly, this DLC begins to answer long standing questions of the series, culminating in the possibility to permanently alter the course of the war in this campaign... and also in future campaigns to come!

I had really given-up on 'Ever' seeing this happening In this 'Game'!. It's about time that someone has the gut's and determination to go beyond the ordinary and mundane... the same olde-rote'!.
Raganr129
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Raganr129 »

On a similar note to the original topic here, did anyone notice that the Pacific DLC page has been taken down? I'm assuming they're rewriting it.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”