An Unreal process has crashed: UE4-PanzerCorps2

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

jimtracyii
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

An Unreal process has crashed: UE4-PanzerCorps2

Post by jimtracyii »

I am having issues with my Panzer Corps 2 game.

1) Game crashes between campaign scenarios. This happens after I hit the continue button and before I get to the next scenario. See error report. This is an Unreal Engine 4 Crash Report.
LoginId:19fdd7604344ef232f2d5da0d2ed24d5
EpicAccountId:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x000002dd9fb84000

PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!THexMap<Hex,Unit>::MoveUnit() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\Common\HexMap.h:145]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameState::Execute() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameState.cpp:831]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameState::Execute() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameState.cpp:964]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!Campaign::GetCoreUnits() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\Campaign.cpp:265]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!Campaign::PlayScenario() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\Campaign.cpp:565]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!luaD_precall()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!luaV_execute()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!lua_yieldk()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!lua_yieldk()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!luaD_rawrunprotected()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!lua_resume()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!SweetButton::Release() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\Gui\Sweets.cpp:97]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!SButton::OnMouseButtonUp()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!SweetButton::OnMouseButtonUp() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\New\trunk\Source\Gui\Sweets.cpp:128]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!SButton::FArguments::OnClicked<SWindowTitleBar>()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FSlateApplication::RoutePointerUpEvent()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonUpEvent()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FSlateApplication::OnMouseUp()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FWindowsApplication::DeferMessage()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc()
user32
user32
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FWindowsPlatformApplicationMisc::PumpMessages()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!WinMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\4\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

This error stops me from being able to play any campaign. Could this possible be a need to update the unreal engine to the latest version?

2) When I am playing, I will click on a unit and the cursor goes to another unit or an empty hex. Or when I do select a unit and try to move it the cursor ends up on a different hex. If the hex is within the movement range of a unit the unit moves to a different hex than the one I was trying to select. This makes playing on ironman unplayable. This happens randomly and is really annoying.

3) When playing a scenario and I force a unit to retreat and that unit retreats into one of my ZOC's the unit is supposed to use all of it's movement and when I attack it again, instead of surrendering the unit retreats again. This happens randomly to different units. Sometimes the unit will surrender like it is supposed to do.

4) When I contacted support they had me move the game to a different directory. When that did not work the support person had me uninstall and then re install the game. This too did not work and it also caused my fourth issue. When I tried to start a new campaign I found that all of my import files are no longer there. I do have software that can find deleted file in windows. So is there an import file that I can get the name and location of to try to find it or is there another way to recover my lost import files.

5) I also got a out of memory error but I upgraded my RAM from 8GB to 16GB and that error has gone away now. I have also up graded my drivers on my system to the latest. the video card in my system is a Geforce 940mx. I have sent the error logs/files by clicking on the Send and Close button. My email is jimtracyii@gmail.com and my login to steam is Ballhog.

Thanks in advance for looking into these issues for me.
charge62
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: An Unreal process has crashed: UE4-PanzerCorps2

Post by charge62 »

Having the same problem when importing the '42 core.

What works:
-Starting a fresh campaign for any year
-Starting an earlier campaign and loading an existing core
-Starting the '43 DLC using the default core

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000530

PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AUnitActor::AssembleBody() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Unit\UnitActor.cpp:294]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AUnitActor::SetWorld() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Unit\UnitActor.cpp:145]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameState::AddUnit() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameState.cpp:178]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameEngine::LoadUnits() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\GameEngine.cpp:143]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameState::xproperty_units_meta::Access::Move() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\GameCore\GameState.h:55]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!BinMetaData::Read<GameState,std::unordered_map<int,unique<Unit,std::default_delete<Unit> >,std::hash<int>,std::equal_to<int>,std::allocator<std::pair<int const ,unique<Unit,std::default_delete<Unit> > > > > >() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Common\BinSerializer.h:708]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!BinSerializer<GameWorld,void *>::Read() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\Common\BinSerializer.h:564]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GameEngine::StartGame() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\GameEngine.cpp:527]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!``UEGameInstance::PlayScenario'::`2'::<lambda_1>::operator()'::`2'::<lambda_1>::operator()() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\UEGameInstance.cpp:260]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!AGame::Initialize() [C:\Projects\PanzerCorps2\SVN\trunk\Source\PanzerCorps2\Game.cpp:79]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!TBaseFunctorDelegateInstance<void __cdecl(UWorld *,UWorld::InitializationValues),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy,`AGame::Serialize'::`11'::<lambda_1> >::ExecuteIfSafe() [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:838]
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::InitWorld()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::LoadMap()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::Browse()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::TickWorldTravel()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!WinMain()
PanzerCorps2_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\a01\_work\12\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll
Chepicoro
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Chepicoro »

I just had the same problem.... I disabled all mods and started a new campaign, and the problem so far disappeared.

I finished Axis Operations 1943 without further inconvenience and I´m currently playing the mod for the Panzer 1 Grand Campaign.
charge62
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by charge62 »

Tried with mods off and on, no go. Only mods used were two for the SCW and didn't use them until after the core I am trying to load.
charge62
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by charge62 »

Solved: During my first play through the DLCs, I was experimenting with solutions for combining recon and spotting in the same unit as PC2 does. To fix this, I split recon and spotting and did it by adding units to the units.csv file. Installing AO43 overwrote my modified units.csv. So when I attempted to load the AO42 core the array lengths didn't match. When I added the new units I created to the AO43 units.csv the core loaded fine.
jimtracyii

Post by jimtracyii »

"Solved: During my first play through the DLCs, I was experimenting with solutions for combining recon and spotting in the same unit as PC2 does. To fix this, I split recon and spotting and did it by adding units to the units.csv file. Installing AO43 overwrote my modified units.csv. So when I attempted to load the AO42 core the array lengths didn't match. When I added the new units I created to the AO43 units.csv the core loaded fine."

This has nothing to do with my issue other than both were an unreal engine error. My issue still persists and I can not get past the Streets of Stalingrad scenario. So I cannot get to the AO43 campaign with my core units. I can start a AO43 campaign new and only get about 5 scenarios in when this error pops up again and I can not get past it no matter what I try. Slitherine needs to fix this. I have posted this on another area of their discussion board back in Feb. Since I got no response there I reposted the issue here, and still no response like maybe, we are looking at this issue. The help desk guy that was trying to help me even quit sending any emails trying to help.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Tech Support”