Mayen - Game 1. Early Hungarians v Imperial German

Forum for anyone to post reports of their battles and pictures, otherwise known as After Action Reports.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Mayen - Game 1. Early Hungarians v Imperial German

Post by dave_r »

This was Game 1 at a tournament in Mahen, Germany. An excellent venue at a local museum close to town centre amenities.

My army was:
IC, 2xTC
3x4 Superior, Armoured, Undrilled, Knights, Lancers Swordsmen
4x4 Superior, Unprotected, Undrilled, Cavalry, Bow Swordsmen
4x4 Average, Unprotected, Undrilled, Light Horse, Bow Swordsmen
3x6 Poor, Unprotected, Undrilled, Light Foot, Bow

My opponent was using Imperial German. Which turned out to be a wodge of Heavy Foot, three battle groups of Knights and a couple of sixes of Medium Foot.

I planned to skirmish on the right, hopefully scaring off the Light foot and then ganging up on the knights before they pushed me off table. I was hoping to deliver a left hook whilst retiring slowly in the centre.

Deployment looked like this.

Everything going according to plan in the openeing moves.

My cavalry charged the medium foot in the middle with disastrous results. For the cavalry....

My Light Horse was in a good position against the enemy light foot.

My knights getting soundly thrashed by exactly the same knights facing them....

Even having one battle group fighting in two directions didn't help

Cavalry have waved goodbye. Although my light foot did manage to rout one of the BG's of Medium Foot and my Light Horse broke through and are heading for the camp.

The last picture I remembered to take. The knights on the left destroyed mine and smashed into the next unit. Breaking them as well...

After this, my light horse took the camp. I shot up the knights on the right wing - the threatened flank being crucial here. I eventually broke the knights who were fighting in two directions and broke the Imperial Germans.

I lost 6 AP's so I think the score was 21-4.
Evaluator of Supremacy

Return to “Field of Glory AAR's”