Working on a graphic mod in which you can see actual weapons rather than a block

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Paul59
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: Working on a graphic mod in which you can see actual weapons rather than a block

Post by Paul59 »

Ivenend wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:56 am Mod updated to v.0.2 viewtopic.php?t=107048

-------------------------
Paul59 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:01 pm
Mord wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:28 pm This is very cool! Will this work with Paul's Extra Nations Mod?

The new models will add lots of visual appeal and immersion.

All we need after this is for the elephant units to get added to the game.

Mord
Hi Mord,

Adding Ivanend's modded vanilla units would be relatively easy, just copy and pasting in the new models and textures I assume. But converting all my new units to use Ivanend's weapons would be a ton of work.

I'm still far too busy on FoG2 Medieval to consider such a project.

Cheers

Paul
If you don't mind, I could make a modifed version of Extra Nations Mod and apply my unit models on it and send it to you.
Hi Ivenend,

That's fine, go ahead.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Ivenend
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Working on a graphic mod in which you can see actual weapons rather than a block

Post by Ivenend »

Mod updated to v.0.3 viewtopic.php?p=970073#p970073
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Ivenend wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:29 pm Mod updated to v.0.3 viewtopic.php?p=970073#p970073
Excellent. Are the various Tudor mixed infantry units on your list?
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Ivenend
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ivenend »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:19 pm
Ivenend wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:29 pm Mod updated to v.0.3 viewtopic.php?p=970073#p970073
Excellent. Are the various Tudor mixed infantry units on your list?
You mean the Billmen & Longbowmen right? Yes that the next.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Ivenend wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:33 pm You mean the Billmen & Longbowmen right? Yes that the next.
Yup, and the particularly annoying and complicated Elizabethan Foot, which are 25% each bow, bill, gun, pike. If you need source material on how they might have formed up I can try to dig through my books...
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

Ivenend
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ivenend »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:48 pm
Ivenend wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:33 pm You mean the Billmen & Longbowmen right? Yes that the next.
Yup, and the particularly annoying and complicated Elizabethan Foot, which are 25% each bow, bill, gun, pike. If you need source material on how they might have formed up I can try to dig through my books...
Sure, that will be very helpful!
Ivenend
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ivenend »

Ver. 0.4 Release

New version includes updated models, updated textures, and also fix some flags un-animated bug from vanilla!

viewtopic.php?p=970850#p970850

Preview: Landsknechts hire by Huguenots in French Wars of Religion
AlexDetrojan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by AlexDetrojan »

So Ivanend, I'm at a loss here. Just how many different armies have their units adjusted by your mod? Not which units, but which armies? Maybe a list would give me an idea whether to try your mod. Thanks. 🙂
Ivenend
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ivenend »

AlexDetrojan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:09 pm So Ivanend, I'm at a loss here. Just how many different armies have their units adjusted by your mod? Not which units, but which armies? Maybe a list would give me an idea whether to try your mod. Thanks. 🙂
Currently the mod involves model changes for
1. all armies in "Italian Wars"
2. in "Age of Machiavelli": Swiss, French, Spanish, Imperialist/Austrian, German States, English, Hungarian, Kalmar Union/Danish, Swedish(only 1523-1559)
3. in "Tercio to Salvo": Huguenot (only historical battle), Austrian (only 1560-1569), German States(only 1560-1569), Danish (only 1560-1574)
Last edited by Ivenend on Tue May 24, 2022 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Thanks. 👍
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Playing without the squads file, a (very) minor bug. The Royalist Pike with a few shot units have Rodeleros shields in the front rank.

Ivenend
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ivenend »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:13 am Playing without the squads file, a (very) minor bug. The Royalist Pike with a few shot units have Rodeleros shields in the front rank.
Thanks for your report.
I will try my best to fix it. Unfortunately, there is a great possiblity that it can only be fixed in squads.csv-edited version.

Currently, if you think this issue is unacceptable but still want to use squads.csv-non-edited version , you can delete the modded data\Battle\Units\COLUNELA_0.S4F and data\Battle\Units\COLUNELA_RG_0.S4F, and replace them with according files from vanilla. However, this will also make Spainish Colunela lost their sword and shield model.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Ivenend wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:56 am
SnuggleBunnies wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:13 am Playing without the squads file, a (very) minor bug. The Royalist Pike with a few shot units have Rodeleros shields in the front rank.
Thanks for your report.
I will try my best to fix it. Unfortunately, there is a great possiblity that it can only be fixed in squads.csv-edited version.

Currently, if you think this issue is unacceptable but still want to use squads.csv-non-edited version , you can delete the modded data\Battle\Units\COLUNELA_0.S4F and data\Battle\Units\COLUNELA_RG_0.S4F, and replace them with according files from vanilla. However, this will also make Spainish Colunela lost their sword and shield model.
If you can fix it, great. If not, no big deal, like I said it is very minor.

Ivenend
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ivenend »

So, today I try to replace the pike "cube" of a pike square by about 255 seperated pike model, every in game figure (except those who held heavy weapons) has a pike.

Here are screenshots, Swiss Keil with seperated pike model and Italian Pikemen with "cube" pike model for comparison.

I would like to get some feedback, how do you think of the new model? Does it look good? Do you like to play P&S with this kind of graphic?

What I'm concerning about: the seperated pike models are quite thin and sparse. When zooming far, it is hard to see the units are helding pikes compare to vanilla "cube" graphic.

AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Visually very nice.

Return to “Pike & Shot”