HOML 2 Ancients - Results.

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: HOML 2 Ancients - Results.

Post by Karvon »

Div E

Karvon (Carthaginian) defeated mh5064 (Carthaginian - Hannibal in Africa) 46-15 for a score of 105-15.

A large forest blocked off the about the center edge of my right flank. A slight smaller forest lay across an equally sized meadow from it towards the center of the field. A large patch of rough was just past the center of the field across another meadow from that. A similar sized rough patch ran parallel across another meadow to the left. Beyond the rough and further to the back edge fell another medium sized wood along the left edge. A small village lay a bit off to the left rear edge of the central forest.

We maxed out our heavy foot, knowing we would need quantity to offset the quality advantage Hannibal had with his veteran infantry. We took a full compliment of our medium foot for the same reason. We brought all our available lights which would give us a good edge over what Hannibal had available and to counter his expected elephants. We maxed out our noble horse and backed them up with a couple of elephants.

We initially deployed all of our medium foot in the central woods and the village to anchor our left flank. We deployed our heavy foot to the right of the woods screened by some of our lights. A large division of our cavalry anchored the heavy foots right flank supported by one elephant. A smaller division of cavalry supported by the other elephant initially hid behind the woods. Light horse formed up on the edges of both wings. Depending on the enemy deployment, I figured I could use the woods as a blocking terrain and anchor, shifting my heavy foot and horse to attack where opportunity presented itself.

Hannibal's army deployed a bit to their right; their expected veteran spear and warbands in the center supported by large division of medium foot led by their veterans facing the central rough patch. Their cavalry was equally divided on each flank supported by a pair of elephants a couple of light horse. Some light foot screened their infantry line.

The battle unfolded in a long series of moves and counter moves. I first pushed my heavy foot and cavalry up on the right along the edge of the forest. Hannibal wheeled his army left to face this and shifted left to block getting flanked. I retired my heavy foot and cavalry, and he pressed on after a bit, sending some of his medium foot to probe the woods where mine were still hidden. I ambushed and destroyed his scout, and he pulled back his forces a bit. I shifted most of my cavalry behind the woods and began a wide sweeping ride to threaten his right flank, now more open due to his earlier shift. Most of my lights went along to screen and support. He responded by shifting most of his cavalry to his right As this was developing, I advanced my heavy foot and remaining cavalry and elephant on the right again, pushing out a few mediums from the woods to support. As he shifted further left to counter, we marched the rest of our medium foot out to threaten his right. Some of his foot wheeled back to face this. Our lights shot up his supporting elephant and he withdrew it behind his foot. Our own supporting cavalry and elephant shifted wider right moving to threaten his left flank.

On the right, we sent in our heavy foot and, with our numbers, flanked him fairly quickly breaking a couple of units. His veterans were tough though and we lost one of our spears which fragmented at first contact and a second fragmented shortly there after. One of his recovered elephants tried to rundown one of our spears, but we held. His other disordered elephant attempted to squash one of my pursuing horse but our own elephant flanked and fragmented him.

In the center, our mediums stood as they were charged by a mix of his heavy and medium foot. We got pushed back, but held up under the initial attack and subsequent melee.

On the far left, my lights shot up his elephants and some of his horse as we drew them further from his infantry. Our cavalry shifted to encircle and our elephant moved up to support with a couple accompanying mediums. The cavalry clashed and we flanked his pretty quickly and our elephant charged into finish his off. Our medium foot flanked his elephant and it broke, spreading further mayhem and, despite some last minute rallies, this led to his army's collapse.
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
mr cholo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mr cholo »

Division A
Mr Cholo(Gauls) defeats Nyczar (Phirric) 42-3. Score 117-3.

Please, check the numbers are ok

Sometimes a good deployment means a big advantage. It is a question of luck and I have been afortunated in this chase. Even my light infantry was perfectly positionated! Phalanx and heavy infantry were trabbed in a rough terrain just in the middle of the field. For this reason the centre could hold their possition meanwhile my flanks were envolving the enemy army. Well played.
wzfcns
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by wzfcns »

Div.F

wzfcns Macedon 328-321BC defeat SawyerK Roman 340-281BC,65-55
score:65:55.
A truly bloody battle, the main battlefield of the engagement was a flat piece of high ground. The Macedonian cavalry quickly attacked behind the Romans on the right flank, but an organised Roman infantry position neutralised the attack. The cavalry engagement on the left flank was stalled, so the frontal duel between the infantry became the main battleground.
The Macedonian pike was unable to break the sturdy Roman legions and both sides suffered heavy infantry casualties. Eventually, with cavalry support, the Macedonians destroyed one Roman infantry column after another and barely managed to win.
Working on the Silk Road mod for FOG2 and FOG2:Medieval.
mh5064
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by mh5064 »

DIV E

MH5064 (ROMAN 199-106 BC) defeats IMC (SELEUCID 166-125 BC) 64-36. Score 84-36.
mh5064

Post by mh5064 »

Finished!
This is the summary of my battles:

HOML 2 DIV E ANCIENTS
ENDED -------- STARTED
1 05/15/2022 05/09/2022 DEETER MACEDONIAN 320-361 defeats MH5064 ANTIGONIDS 320-301 43-6 Score 114-6.
2 05/15/2022 05/09/2022 DEETER ANTIGONIDS 320-301 defeats MH5064 MACEDONIAN 320 43-9 Score 111-9.
3 05/18/2022 05/09/2022 KARVON CART.HANNIBAL. 202 defeats MH5064 CARTHAGIAN 235-136 41-8 Score 112-8.
4 05/19/2022 05/09/2022 MH5064 SELEUCID 166-125 defeats IMC ROMAN 199-106 51-22 Score 98-22.
5 05/19/2022 05/09/2022 RAFYDEDEL NUMIDIAM 341-56 defeats MH5064 CARTHAGIAN HAN. 60-33 Score 87-33.
6 05/20/2022 05/09/2022 RAFYDEDEL CARTHAGIAN Ha.. defeats MH5064 NUMIDIAM 341-56 62-46 Score 74-46.
7 05/23/2022 05/09/2022 KARVON CARTHAGIAN 235-146 defeats MH5064 CARTHAGIAN HANNIB. 46-15 Score 105-15.
8 05/24/2022 05/09/2022 MH5064 ROMAN 199-106 defeats IMC SELEUCID 166-125 64-36 Score 84-36.

Stats: P 8 W 2 L 6 points 299 average 37,37.

Thank you all (players and organizers).

Ad maiora!
Last edited by mh5064 on Wed May 25, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iversonjm
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by iversonjm »

Div F

Iversonjm (Pontic) 83 pts. over Rob123 (Jewish) 37 pts.

This was a split result with the Pontics winning both matches. Well played sir.
Rob123
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Rob123 »

Div. F

Rob123 (Pontic) defeated iversonjm (Jewish) 53:26 Score 94:26
Holien

Post by Holien »

Division B

Holien (Away) Carthaginian 280-263 46% Defeats Mr Cholo (Home) Pyrrhic 274-272 60%

A close fought battle with many a Carthage head stuck atop a pike. The battle was fought between two small areas of rough ground that Carthage made use of to weaken the heavy troops of the enemy. Ultimately the Carthage Cavalry came to the rescue once they got in on the flanks of the terrible pike blocks. Another factor in the win was the Pyrrhic elephants were dispatched with the aid of heavy artillery that despite being isolated from friendly troops stayed in operation all the way through the battle. When the elephants fell the nearby Pyrrhic troops suffered loss of morale. Dispite all these factors it was still a close affair and could have swung for a Pyrrhic victory.

Points 74 Holien / 46 Mr Cholo

Holien (Away) Pyrrhic 274-272 40% Draws Mr Cholo (Home) Carthaginian 280-263 39%

This was very nearly not a battle as the Carthage forces moved 180% in trying to gain advantage on the numerous Pyrrhic forces who wheeled away from the pike blocks that sort their heads, and Carthage ended up on the starting position of the Pyrrhic forces with them facing back towards whence they had come. Ultimately Carthage gave up the manuver and decided with what little daylight remained to stand and fight and launched an ill prepared attack which was doomed to fail. But as night was near both sides knew a draw was the likely outcome. If the battle had continued a Pyrrhic victory would have been assured by their more numerous forces that would easily flank the lesser number of pike blocks.

Points 39 Holien / 40 Mr Cholo

Thank you to my opponent for the banter and chat and I hope he does well in his other battles.
mcfcivo

Post by mcfcivo »

Div G

mcfcivo 21% galation bt wellsonian seleucid 49%

cheers,

Andy.
Kashtronomical
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Kashtronomical »

Division H

Kashtronomical (Arab) defeats anderarcos11 (Parthian) 62-21. Score 99-21.
Irregular foot took advantage of a series of scattered rough patches and coordinated with camels to disrupt Parthian cataphract line.

Kashtronomical (Parthian) defeats anderarcos11 (Arab) 47-63. Score 73-47.
Heavy investment in missile troops paid off, especially against camels, as Arab forces could not properly counter-attack with cataphracts ruling the open sands.

Kashtronomical (Galatian) defeats rth (Armenian) 47-2. Score 118-2.
Full contingent of noble cavalry made quick work of archers attempting to secure the center hill. Then with warband support, they outmaneuvered the line of cataphracts to disrupt and route them quickly.

rth (Galatian) defeats Kashtronomical (Armenian) 51-26. Score 69-26.
Could not stop the tsunami of warbands!
wzfcns

Post by wzfcns »

Div.F

wzfcns seleucid 166-125BC draw ulysisgrunt Roman 199-106BC,60-62
score:60:60.

The Roman army had the advantage in the frontal engagement and the Seleucid heavy cavalry had a chance to turn the tide, but they were too slow in their detour to assist the central line in time. The Seleucid army still had hopes of victory until the final turn, but the collapse of the central front and the recovery of the Roman army sealed the situation as a draw.
Working on the Silk Road mod for FOG2 and FOG2:Medieval.
Zawzgrzyt
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zawzgrzyt »

Div D

Zawzgrzyt (Skythian) defeats Fluidwill (Kyrenean) 49-3

Score:
Zawzgrzyt - 117
Fluidwill - 3

This time the steppe riders were un-catchable and deadly to the Greek hoplites.
Thanks for good game.
BobGanoush
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by BobGanoush »

Div B

BobGanoush(Kushan) defeats Garokan(Sassanid Persian) 61-35

Score 85-35
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Div E

Karvon (Numedians) defeated IMC (Spanish) 63 -55 for a score of 65 - 55.

The seacoast blocked off our right. The left to center was dominated by a ridge scattered with rough and clumps of trees.

We opted for an echelon attack with our imitation legion massed on our right, our Phoeni foot supported by irregulars in the center and a mass of mixed lights to content along the ridges on our left.

The Spanish brought a number of warbands which deployed mostly opposite our legions and the mass of mediums screened by lights made up the rest of his line. A few light horse and some cavalry rounded out his force.

We drove forward hard on our right and more slowly in the center and left. It was a hard fight all along the line.

On the left, our skirmishers fought a long drawn out losing battle vs his light supported by mediums and slowly got ground down or run down for the most part, but kept the wing distracted for most of the battle. A division of 4 light horse broke off behind the action and reinforced the fight on the right in the end game.

In the center, we traded losses, but as some of his right wing wheeled to support, we began to crumble and pulled back where we could to avoid getting enveloped.

On the right, it was a tough slog, but our legion, with some help of our horse and elephants, finally broke up and destroyed his warbands and their supporting mediums. Things were drawn out a little as several of his routers rallied, but our arriving light horse from our left proved instrumental in sweeping off the remaining routers and breaking the shaken rallied troops to seal the victory.
Chaos Tourney and Little Wars Organizer, TDC V Early Medieval Coordinator
tmac11
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tmac11 »

Division D

Tmac11 Egyptian defeated Fluidwill Kyrenean Greek 44 - 4. Score 116 - 4 (I think)

GG thanks
tyronec
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by tyronec »

Ancientsresults1.jpg
Ancientsresults1.jpg (230.89 KiB) Viewed 438 times
Ancientsresults2.jpg
Ancientsresults2.jpg (236.54 KiB) Viewed 438 times
Two players complete, mh5064 in Div E and wzfcns in Div F.
And iversonjm has finally found an opponent who got the better of him !
rafydedel
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by rafydedel »

DIV E
Rafydedel (Urartian) defeats IMC (Median) 63-47 (score: 73-47)

The Medians attacked both Urartian wings, on their right with Cavalry which engaged in a bow fight with opposing Cavalry, and on their left with a mix of light archers, spearmen and a support from sparaba bowmen against a defensive force of Urartian in a small forest. The Urartian choosed to tilt their center to support their cavalry, the remaining Median infantry advanced to engage them, but ultimately the Urartian managed to defeat the median cavalry thanks to a higher number of troops, and could use their cavalry to victory, despite loosing their other wing and fierce fighting of the Median.
Last edited by rafydedel on Sat May 28, 2022 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Hé bien, c'est moi Ramsès II !"
DocVanNostrand
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DocVanNostrand »

Div D

DocVanNostrand (Graeco-Bactrian) defeats tmac11 (Sarmatian) 64-45 (score = 75-45)

and in the mirror

DocVanNostrand (Sarmatian) defeats tmac11 (Graeco-Bactrian) 64-35 (score = 85-35)

Thanks for a couple of good battles tmac!
rafydedel

Post by rafydedel »

Div E
Rafydedel (Median) defeats Karvon (Chypriot) 62-41, score 79-41
Rafydedel (Chypriot) draws with Karvon (Median) 36-23, score 36-23

Both battle took place on a large plain sided by pretty large forested area and some rough terrain.

Battle 1
The battle was a bit of a rotating, as both armies attacked the left wing of the other. The median left wing which was defending a forest was overwhelmed by chypriot medium foot. The chypriot heavy foot, many of them raw, however got caught by the left wing of the Median army. The mix of cavalry, medium foot, Sparaba and light archers got them thanks to a mix of shooting, frontal and flank attack.
After a long battle and a lot of attrition, the Median hold the battleground

Battle 2
An even larger rotating took place as the Median Army had hidden a large chunk of their army in a forest on their right wing, leaving about all their left half of the terrain practically undefended. As the Chypriot army progressed, the Median evaded their center to their a forest on their right and launched their main right wing across a difficult terrain on the weak left wing of their opponent. The strategy initially brought good result to the Median, who could isolate and destroy some units who were fleeing, while the Chypriot had to reoganize and to chase them across the map (and Chypriots have almost no cavalry). The Chypriot also managed to catch laggard units and once they had regoupped enough, they could reengage the median who were now at the opposite side of their starting point. It was too late however for the battle to conclude with one victor.

"Hé bien, c'est moi Ramsès II !"
tmac11
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tmac11 »

Division D

Tmac11 Kyrenean Greek defeated Fluidwill Egyptian 42 - 8. Score 112 - 8 (I think)

GG thanks

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”