Caster of Magic for Windows Crash

CaptEHCJ
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Caster of Magic for Windows Crash

Post by CaptEHCJ »

I purchased Caster of Magic from GoG about 3 days ago. I played it 2 times with no problems. Now, each time I launch Caster of Magic (Version v1.04.01) it crashes just as it opens up the game (video) window. It goes through a dialog box named Loading Caster of Magic for Windows, then when the "Caster of Magic for Windows" window pops up, it is black and a small dialog box named "Caster of Magic 2" appears with the error message:
An unhandled exception occurred. Please report this bug to the developers. Please attach a saved game file that can be used to reproduce the crash!
From my description above, I believe that a save game file should not be needed, as I never even get to the menu where I can load a saved game. But if it is, I will be glad to provide.
OS is Windows 10 pro with latest service packs.

How can I resolve this? Thanks!
Seravy
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Caster of Magic for Windows Crash

Post by Seravy »

Try to reinstall? Sounds like some files are missing.
If that's the case, I believe there should be a log.txt file that says which image files failed to load, assuming the problem is those and not data files.
CaptEHCJ

Re: Caster of Magic for Windows Crash

Post by CaptEHCJ »

Finally figured it out. Playing on a laptop with no sound. If I plug in earphones, which I do most of the time, the program runs fine. But if I don't plug in earphones, the program crashes. That simple.

Return to “Master of Magic: Tech Support”