Airfield slots

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

SSLConf_pewp3w
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Airfield slots

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

I am playing bombing stalingrad right now and want to rebase some airplanes.
Now I know dirt airfields have 3 slots and can't host strat or jet bombers, normal airfields have 7 slots and can host every airplane.
For some reason I now have a normal airfield that apparently only has 5 slots?

As you can see I am trying to rebase, but there seems to be no slot in that airfield. I can rebase to the dirt airfield to the right. I know planes have a limited range for rebasing (how high is it anyway?), but I rebased the same airplane already the that airbase from the exact same airbase, so range can't be the issue.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Airfield slots

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Dirt Airfield has 5 slots, not 3. Aircraft carrier and Airfields can hold 7.
Your problem probably lies on enemy aircraft still based in that airfield. They do count towards the capacity, together with yours there. Only when their turn started will game recalculate and eject them from it since they no longer own that airfield.
SSLConf_pewp3w
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:05 am Dirt Airfield has 5 slots, not 3. Aircraft carrier and Airfields can hold 7.
Your problem probably lies on enemy aircraft still based in that airfield. They do count towards the capacity, together with yours there. Only when their turn started will game recalculate and eject them from it since they no longer own that airfield.
Oops yeah, you are right.

Interesting, that will explain it. Anyhow, is there anywhere in the manual or so where this is documented?
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

pewp3w wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:40 am
VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:05 am Dirt Airfield has 5 slots, not 3. Aircraft carrier and Airfields can hold 7.
Oops yeah, you are right.

Interesting, that will explain it. Anyhow, is there anywhere in the manual or so where this is documented?
No idea. I just found it out myself some time ago when trying to be aggressive to force enemy aircraft flying everywhere.
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

When you rebase planes to a newly captured airfield that still has enemy planes based on them, you will have an accuracy bonus because you are now operating at zero hexes from your base. So do the enemy planes, of course, but if your fighters have higher initiative than the defending aircraft, it's a good time to attack. If you manage to shoot down one of the defending planes, you now have another airfield slot, available immediately. You might then be able to repeat the process, depending on where the remaining enemy planes are located and where exactly your next plane happens to rebase. (The first rebased plane always gets a chance to attack, subsequent ones might or might not.)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”