No
67%

Total votes: 9

Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Team Event Biblical to Renaissance

Post by Doyley50 »

I am having problems setting up my game as Danish Imperial 1523-1542 v Ahuyton Italian 1494-1530. As far as I can make out the Italian 1494-1530 army is from The Italian Wars, the nearest I can find in Extra Nations v3 is Venetian 1518-29. Will this do?
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Bogdan Longdropski, the Polish gossip writer for the Frankish tabloid - humour de toilette, has the pleasure to report a Polish success on the field against a number of disgruntled Frankish and Lombard readers who took exception to Bogdan's description of Pepin the Short previously known as Dory, an unsuccessful ex door to door salesman selling doors and inferring he was the eighth dwarf of that old Polish fairytale Królewna Śnieżka. Bogdan, with the help of a large quantity of very upset and confused German's who mistakenly thought they should not only be Holy but Roman, rushed forward as in previous confrontations against discontented British and Gallic readers. Unlike previous times, when Bogdan and his Polish supporters were thoroughly rebuked with shouts of "We will rock you, we are the champions and that famous British chant You will never walk again!", this time, the forward momentum of Bogdan and his supporters swept the poor Franks and Lombards away. Thanks for the game Don. Bogdan's luck had to turn sooner, or later!
polskie zwycięstwo.gif
polskie zwycięstwo.gif (612.38 KiB) Viewed 911 times
The chase.jpg
The chase.jpg (928.76 KiB) Viewed 909 times
Table21.jpg
Table21.jpg (124.15 KiB) Viewed 910 times
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Doyley50 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:30 am I am having problems setting up my game as Danish Imperial 1523-1542 v Ahuyton Italian 1494-1530. As far as I can make out the Italian 1494-1530 army is from The Italian Wars, the nearest I can find in Extra Nations v3 is Venetian 1518-29. Will this do?
Doyley/Alan, Ahuyton/Alan will need to set up Pro-Imperial/Italian 1494-1530/Danish Imperial 1523-1542/Default off. For some weird reason you can't set up Anti-Imperial/Danish Imperial 1523-1542/Italian 1494-1530/Default off

Hope this helps

A PLEA :- Doyley (or anyone), Can you pick up a Polish 1385/lith allies 1385 vs French 1350 game as I'm not seeing the (FF) icon on deployment against gort7078? (We will can the game on launch but I need another player to test this conundrum. password is gavin)
Doyley50

Post by Doyley50 »

Oh spit! Forgot again about the default off option.
Doyley50 (Danish Imperial 1523-1542) v Ahuyton (Italian 1494-1530) game now set up, pwd 1234.
Doyley50

Post by Doyley50 »

A PLEA :- Doyley (or anyone), Can you pick up a Polish 1385/lith allies 1385 vs French 1350 game as I'm not seeing the (FF) icon on deployment against gort7078? (We will can the game on launch but I need another player to test this conundrum. password is gavin

Done
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Doyley50 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:08 pm A PLEA :- Doyley (or anyone), Can you pick up a Polish 1385/lith allies 1385 vs French 1350 game as I'm not seeing the (FF) icon on deployment against gort7078? (We will can the game on launch but I need another player to test this conundrum. password is gavin

Done
Thanks Alan...it appears to make no difference. The Polish wagons remain allusive!
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

A failed french foray into the forest was the equivalent of the historic Varian's defeat in the Teutoburg Forest.

The French under The Indomitable Don had little chance against the maelstrom of arrows and bolts the met them at the edge of the forest. They had little choice but to charge, having little room to maneuver or fall back in good order. Initial set backs saw the entire army's morale plummet. Unit after unit lost cohesion and fled. Witnessing the debacle, many Poles and Lithuanians just stood motionless and stunned rather than pursue the hapless French.

So sorry for the diabolical terrain and appalling luck Don...no Frenchman could have salvaged the situation.
polskie zwycięstwo.gif
polskie zwycięstwo.gif (612.38 KiB) Viewed 830 times
The French Forest Failed Foray.jpg
The French Forest Failed Foray.jpg (834.73 KiB) Viewed 830 times
Table22.jpg
Table22.jpg (124.26 KiB) Viewed 830 times
markleslie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by markleslie »

Everyone knows bad things happen in the woods.

https://i.gifer.com/OoUv.gif

Everyone knows never, ever go full Teutoburger Wald!
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

FoG2 Round 2 Result : Win to the East

KiwiWarlord's Romans 379-424 AD ( 13% ) Defeat Ahuyton's Lombards 568-569 AD ( 42% )
Battle was fought on and around the water feature, Romans were better swimmers :)
Bib2Ren FoG2 Round2 V Alan.png
Bib2Ren FoG2 Round2 V Alan.png (302.06 KiB) Viewed 810 times
Attachments
Bib2Ren FoG 2 Round 2 V Alan End position.png
Bib2Ren FoG 2 Round 2 V Alan End position.png (558.28 KiB) Viewed 810 times
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

My English Border Raiders (49%) narrowly defeated Doyley50's Swedes (60%).
While he kept his pike and shot together and his cavalry close my light horse struggled to shoot him up. Using pistols to shoot meant we could only get 1 or 2 units to shoot at each of his. He was ahead in the early stages as my guys stood against cavalry charges and then got overwhelmed. But eventually his forces slit up and I could shoot him with several units and evade when charged.
We were at 46% a piece when several of his units broke and his army collapsed. Most of my units were on the verge of autobreaking.
A thoroughly enjoyable game that could have gone either way
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Congratulations to our two conquering heroes. The East edges closer to almost even the score [East 8 West 9]
Roma victoriosissima.gif
Roma victoriosissima.gif (64.44 KiB) Viewed 795 times
england prevails.gif
england prevails.gif (175.58 KiB) Viewed 797 times
Table23.jpg
Table23.jpg (124.44 KiB) Viewed 797 times
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Cancelled request see Richard's reply below
Sorry to do this again team but can someone pick up a polish/lith vs french game again so I can capture screenshots to capture briefing notes and pop-ups as Richard continues to be stumped and I'm starting think I'm going crazy!

pw=gavin
rbodleyscott wrote: ↑18 May 2022 02:42
I have at last been able to reproduce this bug, and found the cause.

It happens only if your army has allies, and you add a sub-general before placing all of your FF.

Unfortunately the code that looks to see if the new general should use a name of the allied nationality, instead of the main army nationality, calls the ReadArmyList() function, which resets the Field Fortification number to 0.

It doesn't make any difference whether the game is SP or MP.

It is too late to safely fix this for the forthcoming v1.4.6 Rise of the Swiss update, but it will be fixed in a future update.
Thanks for your hard work Richard. I'm glad I wasn't having a senior moment.
carpenkm
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by carpenkm »

Carpenkm (English) beat Doyley50 (Norwegians) 42-13

The English Hooligans continue to rampage across Europe. With bellies full of curry and cheap lager the defensive spearmen held a low hill backed with longbow. Some Norwegian Knights tried a long flanking movement, but they were tracked by some random Irish who had come along for a jolly. This left the remaining knights outnumbered with inevitable consequences. The Spearmen on the hill held the Huscarls and in between short bouts of tuneless chanting managed to get to the flanks. Thanks for the game Doyley - until next time.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

carpenkm wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:10 am Carpenkm (English) beat Doyley50 (Norwegians) 42-13

...they were tracked by some random Irish who had come along for a jolly. ...
Surely you mean random Scots Carpenkm? Although, there is very little difference apart from the squeal from the Scottish pipes are a little more intricately woven into a shattering high pitched tapestry that can not only damage hearing at 1000 paces, but scare assorted small woodland creatures back into their burrows.
Nevertheless, congratulations to the English and their lackeys yet again.
england prevails.gif
england prevails.gif (175.58 KiB) Viewed 768 times
Table24.jpg
Table24.jpg (124.5 KiB) Viewed 768 times
carpenkm

Post by carpenkm »

They were friendly Irish Kerns and Galwegian Foot hiding in woods and jumping out to scare the horses. Not sure whether Galwegians are Irish or Scottish, but everyone is welcome! You can't expect the English to get their uniforms dirty!
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

carpenkm wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:50 pm They were friendly Irish Kerns and Galwegian Foot hiding in woods and jumping out to scare the horses. Not sure whether Galwegians are Irish or Scottish, but everyone is welcome! You can't expect the English to get their uniforms dirty!
Ah...the Irish Galwegians are part of the core English army, as is the Welsh. His Scottish allies are the highlanders. Seems you hit the name on the head... the English don't like to get their uniforms dirty. Did you encounter any of them at all, or were they all supposedly indisposed because they had other pressing engagements like they were all about to go "on crusade"?
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

In FoG2, my Polybian Romans won against Lascar's Sarmations 49-23.
Happily I was able to capture a wooded flank and use some patches of rough on an otherwise open field and this meant my chaps stood up to the repeated charged from Dave's superior lancers.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Congratulations Alan and yet another victory for the West; leaving them an enviable 3 games lead over the East.
Roma victoriosissima.gif
Roma victoriosissima.gif (64.44 KiB) Viewed 714 times
As consolation for the East, the East has ended up dominating Round 2 FOG2, which now complete.
Table25.jpg
Table25.jpg (124.75 KiB) Viewed 714 times
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

In the P&S early period, my Italians overcame Doyley's Danes 43-4.

I was helped by my Swiss keil, superior numbers (14k to 10K) and some irritating light horse manouevres which distracted Alan's cavalry forces - otherwise it was a case of outstanding dice rolling in melees, where if I remember well relatively even contests caused 3 out of 4 Danish cavalry to disrupt on impact.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

The ongoing victories of Alan with yet another victory for the West...again; now with a 4 game lead over the East. (Not knowing which city state led the field we must settle on modern italian regalia)
lunga vita.gif
lunga vita.gif (169.16 KiB) Viewed 690 times
Table26.jpg
Table26.jpg (125.08 KiB) Viewed 690 times

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”