Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.4

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.3

Post by Uhu »

Nope, they are different.
PeteMitchell wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:48 pm By the way, these bombardings in Sicily are independent of Operation Anvil and the D-Day landings OR is it one zone?
Der_Kuenstler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Der_Kuenstler »

The beach bombardment icons on Sicily must be dependent on taking Tunis back or something - 19 turns later the icons are still there after all allied landing ships were sunk weeks ago.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Do you hold both victory objectives in Sicily?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Der_Kuenstler wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:33 pm The beach bombardment icons on Sicily must be dependent on taking Tunis back or something - 19 turns later the icons are still there after all allied landing ships were sunk weeks ago.
I took back Tunis to stop Sicilian shore bombardment. I did it before I retook Southern Italy and Sicily back...Happy Easter
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Der_Kuenstler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Der_Kuenstler »

PeteMitchell wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:35 pm Do you hold both victory objectives in Sicily?
Yes - I decided to just give the Allies Tunis and make my stand on Sicily - I've destroyed all the Husky invasion force, and now the allies are shoulder deep in and around Tunis - Like Goose_2 said I guess I'll have to go take Tunis back - have knocked out Russia and am now transferring units to Africa and Europe. But those bombardment icons should disappear after a certain time limit IMO, instead of being dependent on Tunis. The ship gun barrels would have melted down by now! It's March of '44.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Der_Kuenstler wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:17 am
PeteMitchell wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:35 pm Do you hold both victory objectives in Sicily?
Yes - I decided to just give the Allies Tunis and make my stand on Sicily - I've destroyed all the Husky invasion force, and now the allies are shoulder deep in and around Tunis - Like Goose_2 said I guess I'll have to go take Tunis back - have knocked out Russia and am now transferring units to Africa and Europe. But those bombardment icons should disappear after a certain time limit IMO, instead of being dependent on Tunis. The ship gun barrels would have melted down by now! It's March of '44.
Right, so I checked it and it looks the strength loss due to the bombardment can continue for about 20 turns, which may depend on the version of the scenario being played. I agree that it is a probably a bit too long, normally it should not last longer than like 10-12 turns (but perhaps it could be a bit more deadly). I guess it should also stop if most of the Allied capital ships in the area are sunk.

And even after the actual strength loss effect stops, the graphical representation of the shore bombardment stays, even if Tunis is retaken by the Axis. It looks like the bombardment graphics only disappear if in addition to Tunis, Sicily is also captured by the Allies.

All this should be fixed for the next version and I will try my best, thanks for reporting. :)
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
Der_Kuenstler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Der_Kuenstler »

McGuba wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:45 am
Der_Kuenstler wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:17 am
Right, so I checked it and it looks the strength loss due to the bombardment can continue for about 20 turns, which may depend on the version of the scenario being played. I agree that it is a probably a bit too long, normally it should not last longer than like 10-12 turns (but perhaps it could be a bit more deadly). I guess it should also stop if most of the Allied capital ships in the area are sunk.

And even after the actual strength loss effect stops, the graphical representation of the shore bombardment stays, even if Tunis is retaken by the Axis. It looks like the bombardment graphics only disappear if in addition to Tunis, Sicily is also captured by the Allies.

All this should be fixed for the next version and I will try my best, thanks for reporting. :)
I appreciate your continued work on this excellent mod - thank you! I am using version 2.3.
Der_Kuenstler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Der_Kuenstler »

I'm unsure how to use the ME163b given me in the scenario. It looks like if you even move it one hex from an airport it will be out of fuel and crash the next turn. (only red movement hexes are seen) So to save it you have to move and attack from friendly airfield to friendly airfield? Seems like it is practically useless then.
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

Der_Kuenstler wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:57 pmI'm unsure how to use the ME163b given me in the scenario. It looks like if you even move it one hex from an airport it will be out of fuel and crash the next turn. (only red movement hexes are seen) So to save it you have to move and attack from friendly airfield to friendly airfield? Seems like it is practically useless then.
That plane was meant as bomber-interceptor for local air-defense. And that's basically how to use it in the game as well.
Allied bombers have to move onto your victory point cities to have an effect. The Me163 can cover such a city or sit right next to it, allowing you to shoot at any bomber that dares to go after the city. It may not be the best plane at hand, but it isn't useless.

You also should be able to move it one field off the airfield, I think. That field may be shown as red, but units get supplied on the airfield and all its surrounding hexes. The red overlay hinges on the distance to an airfield, not distance to a field from which you can be supplied.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Yes, the Me 163 had a very limited range, its endurance was only 7.5 minutes rocket powered flight and after it used its fuel it had to glide back to its airfield. So in fact it should have an even shorter range in the game but then it would not be able to move between the cities. As said, it always has to end the turn next to or over a friendly airfield.

And yes, in reality it was not very effective in combat, according to different sources this type of aircraft destroyed between only 9 and 18 enemy planes for the loss of 10 during its service. This ratio is reflected in its stats in the mod but maybe it is still a bit too effective compared to this disappointing historical record. Nearly, or perhaps all the losses happened when it was landing at low speed with no power having ran out of fuel. As a comparison, the much better Me 262 destroyed over 500 enemy planes for about 100 combat losses.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

McGuba wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:20 am Yes, the Me 163 had a very limited range, its endurance was only 7.5 minutes rocket powered flight and after it used its fuel it had to glide back to its airfield. So in fact it should have an even shorter range in the game but then it would not be able to move between the cities. As said, it always has to end the turn next to or over a friendly airfield.

And yes, in reality it was not very effective in combat, according to different sources this type of aircraft destroyed between only 9 and 18 enemy planes for the loss of 10 during its service. This ratio is reflected in its stats in the mod but maybe it is still a bit too effective compared to this disappointing historical record. Nearly, or perhaps all the losses happened when it was landing at low speed with no power having ran out of fuel. As a comparison, the much better Me 262 destroyed over 500 enemy planes for about 100 combat losses.
I found it rightly configured for its role. It was to act as a deterrent for enemy fighters to attack you bombers roaming the Western European skies. Basically France. They didn't always work as a deterrent, but they did avoid taking damage. You had to manage them very carefully. They were a very limited use plane. So well done imho.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Der_Kuenstler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Der_Kuenstler »

Thanks for the great answers - I get it now!
Vano2004
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Vano2004 »

https://warspot.ru/17729-smertonosnye-komety
https://en.topwar.ru/15394-messershmitt ... tchik.html

Considering that the Me-163 killed more pilots than the pilots shot down bombers what did it matter?
https://www.quora.com/Why-was-the-Messe ... for-pilots
Anderkav
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Anderkav »

For the second time, this wonderful mod began to take place (before that, I was broken by the Soviet counteroffensive in the winter of 1941). One of the cool features of the mod is the heating up of the situation in different areas, you have to sacrifice something to move on. it reminded me of one video))
https://youtu.be/rX42mVSrNrY

P.s. the most annoying thing is that I was doing my mod, but accidentally clicked play BE)))

P.s.2. of the minuses: The Soviet and British armies are too passive until the 13th turn, which does not look like a real story. It would be interesting if most of the units could move at least in a limited way, otherwise it seems that everything is too rail-like. The same Leningrad has an army sufficient for a counteroffensive (as an option, if they gained strength when the Axis does not control the railway leading to Leningrad)
Raven89

Post by Raven89 »

So, im just curious, but is anybody here able to defeat the western allies first before defeatin the soviets for a major victory? because i never seem able to do that, my latest try, im on turn 82, and have taken leningrad, kursk and advanced to vyazma and rzhev, but there are just to many russian tanks. and i still have like 7 panthers 5 pz5 a tiger and loads of other units,(and i got air supremecy with like 20-25 airplanes) but is just such a slog to advance trough all those burning russian tanks. and got all the oilfields on the map
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I would say, it is probably possible. When it is possible to make a DV with Rommel, or FM difficulty in 60-65 turns, than it can be done. On the other hand, the question is, what the circumstances are? Do we fully avoid the advance into Russia? Or we do the fight, but focus more on the West + Mediterranean?
A Sealion in late 1941 is a "must" anyway, plus the Mediterranean needs also the extra force.

Raven89 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:31 pm So, im just curious, but is anybody here able to defeat the western allies first before defeatin the soviets for a major victory? because i never seem able to do that, my latest try, im on turn 82, and have taken leningrad, kursk and advanced to vyazma and rzhev, but there are just to many russian tanks. and i still have like 7 panthers 5 pz5 a tiger and loads of other units,(and i got air supremecy with like 20-25 airplanes) but is just such a slog to advance trough all those burning russian tanks. and got all the oilfields on the map
eskuche
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by eskuche »

Uhu wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:23 am I would say, it is probably possible. When it is possible to make a DV with Rommel, or FM difficulty in 60-65 turns, than it can be done. On the other hand, the question is, what the circumstances are? Do we fully avoid the advance into Russia? Or we do the fight, but focus more on the West + Mediterranean?
A Sealion in late 1941 is a "must" anyway, plus the Mediterranean needs also the extra force.
Any interest in multiplayer? :^)
eskuche

Post by eskuche »

Uhu wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:23 am I would say, it is probably possible. When it is possible to make a DV with Rommel, or FM difficulty in 60-65 turns, than it can be done. On the other hand, the question is, what the circumstances are? Do we fully avoid the advance into Russia? Or we do the fight, but focus more on the West + Mediterranean?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Thanks for asking! Sure, sure! :) But a little later:
- I want to finish play/testing and publishing my Italian Campaign v.199
- I would wait for the v2.4 of BE - which publising should be not so really far, as I know - because it will bring again some interesting modifications

eskuche wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:23 pm
eskuche

Post by eskuche »

I wasn't even aware a 2.4 is coming out! Any ideas on a rough timeline?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”