Commendations, Caches, and Collectables

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: Commendations, Caches, and Collectables

Post by adiekmann »

garanor wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:11 pm Just a question, because I am a bit confused about the commendation points in the Saar Offensive part of AO 1939: I recently bought SCW and 1939 and enjoyed it so far.
I'm not the best palyer, but I managed to achive at least some of the bonus objekctives. After spending my initial 5 CP on Kerscher, I managed to get the following bonus objectives:
1. Sarreguemines: Deployed all six minefields
2. Orenthal: Held 13 victory hexes
3. Forbach: Killed the sentries and destroyed the hangars (didn't get the last depot in the south east).

If I understand Stormchaser's overview correctly, I should have 6 CP now (3 from Sarreguemines, 1 from Orenthal and 2 from Forbach), i.e. just enough for Oleh Dir. But the game tells me that I have only four. Am I wrong about the count or is this a bug? It seems that I didn't get the last 2 CP in Sarreguemines despite deploying all minefields.

I hope, there is a solution to this problem, because there is no way I continue playing without Oleh and I don't have the time to replay everything. If necessary, please tell my, if there is a cheat to get Oleh Dir or the missing CP's.
I assume you have checked the last turn of each to make sure you got all of the CD points? The way to really know is to hit the "3" key. That opens the "objectives window." There you can always track the CD and primary objectives and which ones you have accomplished.
garanor
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by garanor »

adiekmann wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:28 pm I assume you have checked the last turn of each to make sure you got all of the CD points? The way to really know is to hit the "3" key. That opens the "objectives window." There you can always track the CD and primary objectives and which ones you have accomplished.
That's the strange thing. The "objectives window" showed all bonus objectives as fulfilled, but I didn't receive any CD points for it. If I remember correctly, I didn't get a message that I received CD points. However, I didn't care much about it, because the bonus objectives were indicated as fulfilled. Therefore, I assumed that the message had shown up, but I hadn't noticed it. That's also the reason why I double checked the objectives window.
Wolfenguard
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Wolfenguard »

garanor wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:11 pm Just a question, because I am a bit confused about the commendation points in the Saar Offensive part of AO 1939: I recently bought SCW and 1939 and enjoyed it so far.
I'm not the best palyer, but I managed to achive at least some of the bonus objekctives. After spending my initial 5 CP on Kerscher, I managed to get the following bonus objectives:
1. Sarreguemines: Deployed all six minefields
2. Orenthal: Held 13 victory hexes
3. Forbach: Killed the sentries and destroyed the hangars (didn't get the last depot in the south east).

If I understand Stormchaser's overview correctly, I should have 6 CP now (3 from Sarreguemines, 1 from Orenthal and 2 from Forbach), i.e. just enough for Oleh Dir. But the game tells me that I have only four. Am I wrong about the count or is this a bug? It seems that I didn't get the last 2 CP in Sarreguemines despite deploying all minefields.

I hope, there is a solution to this problem, because there is no way I continue playing without Oleh and I don't have the time to replay everything. If necessary, please tell my, if there is a cheat to get Oleh Dir or the missing CP's.
have you lost some cp in the first mission trough killing some czech units?
brettz123
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by brettz123 »

This thread needs a quick bump!
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Quick preview of equipment available in AO 43:

Zaporizhia:
A Panther(P) gift unit will arrive during this scenario with 2.5 star exp.

Backhand Blow:
location 13,1
17 SU-57, 22 OT-34, 29 PT-34
location 34,1
21 Spitfire Mk.II, 19 P-40, 26 P-38

Kummersdorf 1943:
2CP for 18 Me 163 Prototype
2CP for a Tank class hero, trait: Reduced Slots, City Fighter, Vigilant
Me 262 token for a Fighter class hero, trait: Legendary, Lightening Attack, Reduced Slots, Precision Weapon, +4 Initiative. And a gift unit of Me 262.

Oboyan:
3CP for 36 Bf 109Z Prototype. This is the LAST batch of them.

Operation Roland:
location 8,21
19 KV-85, 24 SU-152
location 9,34
34 Il-4, 29 Yer-2

=====split line between universal and route branches=====

Stalino:
3CP for a Infantry class hero, trait: Famous, Low Profile, +1 Initiative, +2 Speed

Rostov 1943:
location 23,21
19 KV-85, 27 IS-1

6CP for a large bunch of Italian equipment
41 L6/40Lf flame tank, 35 M15/42 SPG, 29 P26/40 tank, 52 AB 43 recon car, 35 90mm/53 AA gun, 27 20/70 SPAA

Elista:
location 47,3
32 B-25, 29 B-17E

Astrakhan:
5CP for 29 Jagdpanther Prototype

=====split line between ahistorical and historical route=====

Orel:
CP event same as in Stalino, a Infantry class hero.

Panther Line:
6CP for a large bunch of Italian equipment
51 L6/40Lf flame tank, 65 M15/42 SPG, 82 AB 43 recon car, 45 90mm/53 AA gun, 37 20/70 SPAA

Kremenchug:
5CP for 21 Jagdpanther Prototype
Sequester Grundleplith, MD
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Sequester Grundleplith, MD »

Ok, so it's sort of weird that after six campaigns in Panzer Corps, we've only received one actually German tank-class hero, right?
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:04 pm Ok, so it's sort of weird that after six campaigns in Panzer Corps, we've only received one actually German tank-class hero, right?
Exactly this. When I saw that there's the fighter pilot and an infantry hero it was my first thought. But then again, maybe tanks just don't need great heroes to be efficient. After all, they are the best unit type in this game.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Well i miss heros for recon units, strat bombers, pure anti tank and i would love a direct cavalry hero :mrgreen:

But Tassadar is right, tanks a pretty solid without special heros
Magni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Magni »

So can you take all rewards if you do all bonus objectives this time around or do you have to skip something again?
scott_mathieson

Post by scott_mathieson »

at the risk of sounding entitled we deserved a wittman hero an kursk was the time
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

scott_mathieson wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:57 pm at the risk of sounding entitled we deserved a wittman hero an kursk was the time
wittman was around since 39. started as recon during fall weiß then was promoted to tank commander of a StuG in 41 greece. 43 was the promotion to tank commander tiger.

no idea why ppl always reduce him to the latest.

besides i don´t think u will ever see wittman in official dlcs.

sers,
Thomas
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Magni wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:39 pm So can you take all rewards if you do all bonus objectives this time around or do you have to skip something again?
Yes. There is enough CP to take everything in time.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Grondel wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:51 pm
scott_mathieson wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:57 pm at the risk of sounding entitled we deserved a wittman hero an kursk was the time
wittman was around since 39. started as recon during fall weiß then was promoted to tank commander of a StuG in 41 greece. 43 was the promotion to tank commander tiger.

sers,
Thomas
I would luv to make a Western Allies campaign scenario playing out Wittman's final battle. That could be an awesome 'boss battle' event.
FunPolice749
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by FunPolice749 »

Sequester Grundleplith, MD wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:04 pm Ok, so it's sort of weird that after six campaigns in Panzer Corps, we've only received one actually German tank-class hero, right?
Technically we've had two counting Albert Kerscher from 1940. Although it is kinda weird we have 4 infantry aces, 3 fighter aces, and even 2 AA/AT aces yet we've seen but two tank aces. I'm happy we at least got one but I was expecting us to honestly get Franz at some point as a hero in Kursk. Getting him to come help at Prokhorovka would have been nice :P
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

FunPolice749 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:35 am
Technically we've had two counting Albert Kerscher from 1940. Although it is kinda weird we have 4 infantry aces, 3 fighter aces, and even 2 AA/AT aces yet we've seen but two tank aces. I'm happy we at least got one but I was expecting us to honestly get Franz at some point as a hero in Kursk. Getting him to come help at Prokhorovka would have been nice :P
The one arrived in AO 43, as I mentioned above, is a Japanese hero. And the first one who is not a real person (the name of that character does have relationship with famous people), actually. His presence is to honour one community member who used a similar handle name which is taken from an anime character who drives tank.
scott_mathieson

Post by scott_mathieson »

sers,
Thomas
i'm not reducing him to anything, would make perfect sense to get him as a hero along with full access to tigers in this dlc.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

scott_mathieson wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:43 am

sers,
Thomas
i'm not reducing him to anything, would make perfect sense to get him as a hero along with full access to tigers in this dlc.
For a moment I was not sure why it is unlikely he will ever appear on the player's side, but then I remembered in which units he served. Too much potential risk of negative PR to be worth it outside any mods, so we will simply have to leave it at that.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Tassadar wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:20 am
For a moment I was not sure why it is unlikely he will ever appear on the player's side, but then I remembered in which units he served. Too much potential risk of negative PR to be worth it outside any mods, so we will simply have to leave it at that.
Telling from the way Manstein talking about "what about Kharkov", it is quite possible that they won't put anything related with SS in game...the same as they used "High Command" to refer to that man, instead of the names we are more familiar with.
Raganr129
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Raganr129 »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:26 am
Tassadar wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:20 am
Telling from the way Manstein talking about "what about Kharkov", it is quite possible that they won't put anything related with SS in game...the same as they used "High Command" to refer to that man, instead of the names we are more familiar with.
Yeah, this is probably the case I think. You can see Kerensky earlier in the thread dancing around the Wittman question, suggesting that if he appears it'd be as an enemy.

I'm fine with it especially if they have to do that to obey certain laws in Germany for example with depicting the political party, I don't know how far that goes with military personnel who were party members or the SS in particular. It'd be nice to get confirmation from the team that this is why we probably can't have officers from SS divisions as heroes, but I doubt they'd give a straight answer, as they'd still get pushback from a different set of fans.

There are other panzer aces that weren't associated with the political party they could use though, and I wonder why (other Germans) aren't used. Kurt Knispel has a commonly quoted event for punching an SS officer who was abusing prisoners for example, and would also have made sense to get at Kursk. the Franz hero you see could also have been a good option.

I do think it's funny that a Japanese tanker was created though. Probably not specifically hinting at the future Jap Pacific DLC, but the mind does wander to that :)
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Raganr129 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:50 am
I do think it's funny that a Japanese tanker was created though. Probably not specifically hinting at the future Jap Pacific DLC, but the mind does wander to that :)
And it's also a genius idea to put that historical event of Japanese purchasing German tanks here. 8)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”