Why this game

Fantasy General II - Invasion is the reimagination of the strategy game classic from the 90s!

Armies once again draw battle-lines on the war-torn land of Keldonia, and a new generation of commanders will test their bravery and tactics against each other. Fantasy wargaming is back!
springel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Why this game

Post by springel »

I post this in a couple of subforums, because I expect to get different answers :-).

I recently bought PC 1 Gold in a sale, and I acquired one module for OOB (Red Star) to be able to take a look at all the fan content.

Now I want to start a campaign in one of them, and I am lookin for arguments for one system over the other. What are the differences, strong or weak points?

Or should I dive into WH 40K Armageddon, to have fun with tanks? Or even Fanatasy General, which I also own without having played it?
Chris0War
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Why this game

Post by Chris0War »

To me, Fantasy General 2 is one of my go-to games. I very much enjoy the replayability both offered through story choices, unit make-up and campaign paths. Always on Iron Man, and the game is very nasty. Even more so then PC or OOB. (read, i rarely made it to the end of the first campaign)

I would say that PC1 is the easiest going of the 4 titles you mentioned. Together with Armageddon. Of those 2 i do feel that Armageddon comes with a better story to support the action, but that could be personal. The a.i. is more lacklustre in Armageddon then in PC though both games show their age when compared to OOB or FG2, and maybe even PC2 which i don't have any experience with.

In the end, if you are a PZ guy/gal then you will find your worth of money in every title.

Return to “Fantasy General II - Invasion”